BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Absolute rubbish! Sorry, bowyer had Rhodes, gestede, king, Cairney, dann, Hanley + more.

We can't compete with Boro/stoke/forest/ their wage budgets will be MORE than DOUBLE ours! It is so hard to bring in any talented established players because they will already be on more than 20k a week!! This is key when it comes to recruitment. 

Villa lost 1 million pound a week last season, look it up, as did wolves last year!!

Our goal for this season is to stay up. Looks like we will do that. If TM doesn't bring in any defenders in summer then call for his head! 

What wigan and Rotherham would give to be in our position! We have to be content with mid table, and build SLOWLY over the next 3 years, yes 2-3 years at least.

Tony had Coventry bottom of League 1 after no wins in 10. Bowyer is far better. 

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Absolute rubbish! Sorry, bowyer had Rhodes, gestede, king, Cairney, dann, Hanley + more.

We can't compete with Boro/stoke/forest/ their wage budgets will be MORE than DOUBLE ours! It is so hard to bring in any talented established players because they will already be on more than 20k a week!! This is key when it comes to recruitment. 

Villa lost 1 million pound a week last season, look it up, as did wolves last year!!

Our goal for this season is to stay up. Looks like we will do that. If TM doesn't bring in any defenders in summer then call for his head! 

What wigan and Rotherham would give to be in our position! We have to be content with mid table, and build SLOWLY over the next 3 years, yes 2-3 years at least.

I agree with most of your post but I would like to know , what happened in January ???

Only Chapman signed and not kicked a ball yet , Downing leaving ( not a brill player ) but an option ...

Whose idea was it to sign nobody ?? Mowbray or someone higher up the chain ..

I am beginning to think if Chapman plays before next season , he will cost us a fee  , if not he is on a free !!

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How can Mowbray start Bennett at left back and expect us to take him seriously? How can he start Reed or Bennett on the right ahead of Rothwell? 

How can he continue to play Williams? 

He has lost the plot. 

How can he not sign a left back in Jan when it’s our worst position? Can’t believe you said the other day you’d start Bell next season. No chance big dog

23 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Anyone cam change their vote. The poll is still open

The poll as it stands is somewhat incoherent- It be should stick or twist.

Taxi for Tony now or More time for Tony ? Simples as Mrs May likes to say.

I've got my mobile phone out and I'm ready to dial.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Thank the Lord of someone talking sense! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

You’re not telling me the ref had an impact on that game though? He was absolutely appalling today. 

I’m telling you it wouldn’t have mattered who the ref was, we’d have lost.

We are a League One team playing in the Championship and the manager has now lost the players. How many different positions were players asked to play in. Bennett has about three, same with Reed. Armstrong had two. Williams had at least two. Nyambe had two.

All this chopping and changing is doing nothing for team understanding.

Just now, Waggy76 said:

I agree with most of your post but I would like to know , what happened in January ???

Only Chapman signed and not kicked a ball yet , Downing leaving ( not a brill player ) but an option ...

Whose idea was it to sign nobody ?? Mowbray or someone higher up the chain ..

I am beginning to think if Chapman plays before next season , he will cost us a fee  , if not he is on a free !!

Mowbray messed up in January! Gambled on the fact that rodwell will come good as CB, but even worse was to let go of downing. Don't know why we didn't go in for Patrick Bauer. 

The only good thing about this abysmal run and number of goals conceded is that he will hopefully bring in a couple of defenders! 

We cannot start next season with Williams, bell and Mulgrew! 

• Like 1

What rubbish that was.

No idea what formation Mowbray went with - certainly went out of window after 15 minutes with Bennett moving to his second of about six positions throughout the game!!!

First 20 minutes, PNE looked slicker and a much better footballing unit, tore our left flank to pieces and bingo, 1-0 with a very good finish.  

For most part of the match we looked slow, pedantic and clueless.  Yet again, we looked two yards off the pace everywhere on the park - I think we are physically and mentally unfit.

Williams and Smallwood - they absolutely do my head in.  IMO, League 1 footballers at best.

I think Dack gets slower by the game (he does need to shed some timber).

Felt sorry for Graham, who I think was our best player by a country mile, and Reed, again played out of position and taken off whilst Smallwood remains at the hub of the team.

Think Mowbray got it all wrong yet again - wrong players, wrong tactics and in the main, dire and unexciting football.

Our £7million+ man, described just yesterday by Mowbray in the LT as 'having amazing talent' remained rooted to the bench when we needed a goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really have had enough of Mowbray's soundbites and values.  I think he talks b 0 l l 0 c k s and the club is not progressing but regressing.

Think Mowbray's time is well and truly up - needs to go NOW.  The alarm bells are screaming with just 1 point from 7 games and I actually think we are performing worse than when we were relegated two seasons ago.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

How about providing us with something to get excited about from time to time while we build SLOWLY ? Watching Rovers is slightly preferable to being a member of those Middle Eastern religious sects that walk along thrashing their own bare backs with flails ! It's supposed to be a form of entertainment for God's sake

• Like 2

So we had a converted midfielder, a right back and a left back as our 3 central defenders. A right midfielder at left back and a centre midfielder at right back.

Is anyone surprised they looked lost!

Nothing makes any sense at the moment.

Edited by Crimpshrine
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

I’m telling you it wouldn’t have mattered who the ref was, we’d have lost.

We are a League One team playing in the Championship and the manager has now lost the players. How many different positions were players asked to play in. Bennett has about three, same with Reed. Armstrong had two. Williams had at least two. Nyambe had two.

All this chopping and changing is doing nothing for team understanding.

Who do we replace Mowbray with then? 

Our owners are about as incompetent as it gets one they look for a new manager. 

• Like 1

At times this was diabolical for Rovers fans to watch. 

My issues today?

bennett is NOT a left back so why play him there?

williams cannot defend so why play him?

smallwood is not a Championship player so why continue to persevere with him?

playing Armstrong our wide isn’t working so why continue?

The team set up was totally wrong. 

The back 4 should have been Nyambe Mulgrew Another and Bell.

the central midfield should have been Evans and Travis

the attacking positions should have been Bennett, Reed and Dack with Graham up front.

Smallwood leave Evans too exposed, Armstrong leaves the full back exposed, Williams is a calamity waiting to happen.

Tony its time to drop the loyalty to some of the players look how much trouble Nuttall caused when he came on it’s time to change your view

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

How can he not sign a left back in Jan when it’s our worst position? Can’t believe you said the other day you’d start Bell next season. No chance big dog

I can't see us replacing everyone and there are positions we needs to fill ahead of left back I think. I thought Bell had looked good going forward. Starting Bennett ahead of him was crazy imo 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Who do we replace Mowbray with then? 

Our owners are about as incompetent as it gets one they look for a new manager. 

Jokanovic and Wagner both out of work along with the likes of Carvahal

• Like 2

Just now, 1864roverite said:

At times this was diabolical for Rovers fans to watch. 

My issues today?

bennett is NOT a left back so why play him there?

williams cannot defend so why play him?

smallwood is not a Championship player so why continue to persevere with him?

playing Armstrong our wide isn’t working so why continue?

The team set up was totally wrong. 

The back 4 should have been Nyambe Mulgrew Another and Bell.

the central midfield should have been Evans and Travis

the attacking positions should have been Bennett, Reed and Dack with Graham up front.

Smallwood leave Evans too exposed, Armstrong leaves the full back exposed, Williams is a calamity waiting to happen.

Tony its time to drop the loyalty to some of the players look how much trouble Nuttall caused when he came on it’s time to change your view

Agree with most of your assessment but I thought Evans was a disgrace to the shirt today.

For me the best midfield combo is any that doesn't involve Evans. Smallwood wasn't great either today and for me the glaringly obvious change needed at HT was Travis for Evans or failing that Smallwood but Tony was obviously happy with what he saw.

• Like 3

What's really starting to bug me is he comes out in the press saying things like... "it's going to take us 4 windows to get us where we want to be"... Then wastes January and say he's happy with the squad. 

He then says, Brereton and Rothwell are due to get more game time and doesn't even give one single start to Rothwell since! 

Summed it up for me when we're kicking the ball out TWICE for their players rolling around faking injury.

This was a LOCAL DERBY, you don't kick it out, especially when it's obvious they are just time wasting.

Pathetic. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, OJRovers said:

Summed it up for me when we're kicking the ball out TWICE for their players rolling around faking injury.

This was a LOCAL DERBY, you don't kick it out, especially when it's obvious they are just time wasting.

Pathetic. 

And then we were in no rush to get back on with it just ambled around

Just now, OJRovers said:

Pathetic. 

We're a collection of nice lads and we have been for too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Exactly. Today's line up was pathetic. Its a Derby game with both sides having little to play for. Yet Mowbray plays it safe and predictable. So sick if it now. Completely lost faith in him. 

He won't get us promoted. Ever. 

Preston are in for the play-offs and we aren't safe yet. So a lot to play for with 10 games to go. The positions could and were the opposite only 6 weeks ago but we weakened from being in a good position whilst talking about its and buts whilst Preston immediately strengthened on a sensible budget and have been unbeatable since. Their manager was talking of promotion when they started this run more than  10 points behind us whilst our manager talked about slowing it down and waiting for another year. Rubbish.

• Like 3