BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

Just now, Neal said:

What's really starting to bug me is he comes out in the press saying things like... "it's going to take us 4 windows to get us where we want to be"... Then wastes January and say he's happy with the squad. 

He then says, Brereton and Rothwell are due to get more game time and doesn't even give one single start to Rothwell since! 

It's not just that didn't sign anyone but we let 3 centres halves go out on loan that I'd rather give a game at centre half to than the likes of Willams. This in a position where all the existing players have a history of injury. It beggar's belief.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Who do we replace Mowbray with then? 

Our owners are about as incompetent as it gets one they look for a new manager. 

Sorry but that default response from fans is getting very boring.

Managers get sacked every other month. Amazingly those clubs ALL manage to bring in replacements. Some do better some do worse.

Things are too cosy at Rovers. Imagine if Williams had just kept on backing Ince game after game, defeat after defeat, relegation and beyond. Don’t worry though, Waggott won’t even be thinking about it. He is probably too busy working out how much he can increase next season’s ticket prices by and whether scrapping the early bird offer would still see the diehards renew, while setting ambitious targets for ST sales.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's not just that didn't sign anyone but we let 3 centres halves go out on loan that I'd rather give a game at centre half to than the likes of Willams. This in a position where all the existing players have a history of injury. It beggar's belief.

Of course the alternative explanation is he was instructed to let someone out to save cash and foolishly thought we'd get away with it 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't see us replacing everyone and there are positions we needs to fill ahead of left back I think. I thought Bell had looked good going forward. Starting Bennett ahead of him was crazy imo 

I think left back is as much as a priority as the rest of the team. Too be honest they all need replacing at the minute, horrendous form.

• Like 1

From Uncle Gary to Uncle Tony !  does every footballer have to be a nice lad and every manager have to hug them ?   How do other teams manage ?

No wonder the game and general atmosphere around it is so stale get some f###### winners in there !

• Like 3

We will huff and puff but buggar we can't even blow down the house of straw.

I am just about done with this modern day fairy football.  Yellow card for a lovely tackle.  Graham's goal disallowed for winning a mano a mano challenge.  Yeah I think I will pack it in for a real physical game like, netball or Badmington.  It's powder puff it really is.  I had the wife watch n old game with me, Leeds vs Liverpool.  She is not a football afficianado having only learned the game in the 10 years she has been by my side, but even she commented on a 8few things like, that would have been a red card now and not even a foul.  Wow no players are rolling around when they get knocked down and she was amazed how mist of the time regardless of how violent the challenge the players just got on with it nit badgering the ref.  Yeah we have lost something.  I am afraid we are in the Mowbary slide all his teams have had to succumb too.  By November of next year if these frailties have not been eradicated then he should be, assuming we are still in the Championship of course.  Any betting in India on us to go down after we beat Hull ( I'll put the wooden spoon away)  Again just angry.  Well imma off to Eureka Spring for a romantic getaway with the missus, I hope I hold up better than our defence.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

We will huff and puff but buggar we can't even blow down the house of straw.

I am just about done with this modern day fairy football.  Yellow card for a lovely tackle.  Graham's goal disallowed for winning a mano a mano challenge.  Yeah I think I will pack it in for a real physical game like, netball or Badmington.  It's powder puff it really is.  I had the wife watch n old game with me, Leeds vs Liverpool.  She is not a football afficianado having only learned the game in the 10 years she has been by my side, but even she commented on a few things like, that would have been a red card now and not even a foul.  Wow no players are rolling around when they get knocked down and she was amazed how mist of the time regardless of how violent the challenge the players just got on with it nit badgering the ref.  Yeah we have lost something.  I am afraid we are in the Mowbary slide all his teams have had to succumb too.  By November of next year if these frailties have not been eradicated then he should be, assuming we are still in the Championship of course.  Any betting in India on us to go down after we beat Hull ( I'll out the wooden spoon away)  Again just angry.  Well imma off to Eureka Spring for a romantic getaway with the missus, I hold I hold up better than our defence.

That's why I go to the Rugby League now. They still have the values us old footballers played by. You give a kick and take a kick and play acting is just an embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And let Palmer go without replacing. Yes he wasn’t great for us but he was another option when we were needing something to change a game. Chapman hasn’t played so that’s not a comeback. Loan space that wasn’t filled

• Like 1

How many times do we just boot it off the defender right in front of us? It’s embarrising not being able to beat the first man, ever. 

Williams did it 5/6 times in the first half. 

Edited by Fraserkirky

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Smallwood wasn't great either today and for me the glaringly obvious change needed at HT was Travis for Evans or failing that Smallwood but Tony was obviously happy with what he saw.

I'm actually bored of writing about how Smallw*nk is. The counter attack he started for PNE sums him up. Those people who acclaim him to be "committed" need to seriously watch him, especially when the other team is attacking... the only time he even approached a sprint today was when he was being subbed. I'm not even joking.

Ironically I thought we grew into the formation today, however Bell HAS to be the left wing back and you cannot carry Smallw*nk and Evans in the CM. If he isn't going to play Reed or Bennett in there, surely it is time for Buckley, Davenport, Mols etc to come in alongside Travis in the last 10 games. 

Also, glad Rothwell doesn't start, he's far too positive. 

We are 11 clear with a huge GD advantage (somehow) over Rotherham, meaning if we win 1 game they realistically need to win 5 to get above us. Time to wave bye bye to the waste of shirts L1 legends and give Damien Johnsons army a run out!

• Like 1

Only positives today are that we aren't any nearer the bottom 3 than we were yesterday thanks to Sheffield United, and we didn't get hammered as we did at Deepdale.

Groundhog day stuff again though. Our home form has now deserted us and was previously the cornerstone of our points return.

Norwich, Middlesbrough, Bristol City and Preston. All the same old tale. Narrow defeats. Zero goals for us. Lots of possession but nowt to show for it. 

Wigan is must win. No ifs or buts. My guess is we will start slowly and salvage a draw and it will be dressed up as a win.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Mowbray’s lack of harshness is the whole problem.

Time for a change.

I’m honestly thinking of ditching the ST and cherry picking games next season. A slippery slope to getting out of the habit.

Watching Rovers is getting depressing.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Mowbray’s lack of harshness is the whole problem.

Time for a change.

I’m honestly thinking of ditching the ST and cherry picking games next season. A slippery slope to getting out of the habit.

Watching Rovers is getting depressing.

I no longer listen to what the manager has to say. Talk is cheap. I want to see some action.

• Like 7

I actually thought we played as well as we have for weeks in parts today but ultimately it doesn't mean a thing, in fact it made the whole afternoon even more annoying. I honestly don't believe we are professional enough at times. Why Williams hasn't taken a yellow card by fouling the Nobber for their goal was amateur. Kicking the ball out for opposition players to have treatment (when we a fucking losing) is amateurish. Our players not doing what Nobbers were doing and going down easily and buying free kicks. Not being on the match officials case when any decision goes against like Nobbers did is poor from us.

I said at Ipswich on day one of this season that we have too many League One players and today was all the evidence you need to see that. Poor touches, too many touches, basic passing, lack of movement and many more. And this is down to Mowbray, nobody else. He has failed abjectly in the recruitment area and wrongly believed that the players who got us up could consistently perform in the Championship. Today we had several players who had Joe Cockers. Williams, Dack, Evans, Smallwood, Armstrong but pride of place goes to Bennett whose crossing was as poor as I have seen. Our final ball was poor today and all of the above were culpable.

Preston got their goal and were happy to sit in and play on the break.

The referee allowed Preston to consume ridiculous amounts of time on every restart.

• Like 7

We all knew a number of players were not good enough at this level, why couldn't the manager? 

I seriously don't think he could see this and is blind in loyalty. If he could he would have spent the £12million or so spent, to actually strengthen the team for here and now and not 'players for the future', he would have used up all the available loans. This alone tells me he isn't upto the job.

Edited by AAK

When you have a manager who comes out to say he can’t be too harsh, subconsciously or consciously you are gonna cruise. And no matter the kind of performances you put in (see Williams, Bennett, Pass-back Smallwood), you are gonna get into the team, you are gonna cruise.

think we can expect more of the same for a few more matches.

All that talk of dropping players after the last match. I will use a phrase my grandson taught me, NATO- No Action, Talk Only. NATO TM

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good to see that they’ve explained the ‘plastics’ tag now.

Its because there were Rovers fans ‘south of the Ribble’ in the 90s

Only flaw with that is that there has been a substantial support for Rovers in places like Bamber Bridge, Leyland, Chorley etc going back many decades, way before the 90s- as a few of our ‘mature’ posters on here can testify to.

No no no. That's not the reason. The reason is because your club suddenly had fans from all over the north, even in towns that had their own professional club, like Preston for instance. These new supporters; many new to live football thanks to the marketing of Sky (a whole new ball game), suddenly had a club localish to them that were dining at the top table and easily accessible. 

These new supporters were the ones branded 'plastic' by PNE fans. It was fairly easy to determine whether or not the wearer of your replica kit was a 'plastic' or not upon meeting them: and that was to ask if they knew what a Perspex top was. 

Incidentally, do any of the other local clubs call you the Plastics?

Nice to be back by the way.

T

13 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

All that talk of dropping players after the last match. I will use a phrase my grandson taught me, NATO- No Action, Talk Only. NATO TM

Very apt. Thinking about it if there was merit in talk we’d have had a decade of sustained success. 

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Of course the alternative explanation is he was instructed to let someone out to save cash and foolishly thought we'd get away with it 

Or told to let them go so he could get someone in, which never materialised.