BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

Just now, TAFKAP said:

No no no. That's not the reason. The reason is because your club suddenly had fans from all over the north, even in towns that had their own professional club, like Preston for instance. These new supporters; many new to live football thanks to the marketing of Sky (a whole new ball game), suddenly had a club localish to them that were dining at the top table and easily accessible. 

These new supporters were the ones branded 'plastic' by PNE fans. It was fairly easy to determine whether or not the wearer of your replica kit was a 'plastic' or not upon meeting them: and that was to ask if they knew what a Perspex top was. 

Incidentally, do any of the other local clubs call you the Plastics?

Nice to be back by the way.

T

No course they don’t. Weird obsession of you lot.

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Very apt. Thinking about it if there was merit in talk we’d have had a decade of sustained success. 

Things like Rothwell due a start, and discussing defenders when talking about Raya, no one should be surprised at being dropped after last week, kids could be involved etc etc..and we get an Evans-Smallwood in the middle, Bennett on the left

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Sorry but that default response from fans is getting very boring.

Managers get sacked every other month. Amazingly those clubs ALL manage to bring in replacements. Some do better some do worse.

Things are too cosy at Rovers. Imagine if Williams had just kept on backing Ince game after game, defeat after defeat, relegation and beyond. Don’t worry though, Waggott won’t even be thinking about it. He is probably too busy working out how much he can increase next season’s ticket prices by and whether scrapping the early bird offer would still see the diehards renew, while setting ambitious targets for ST sales.

Boring? I define boring as something that’s repetitive, just like your ability to bang on about Mowbray needing to be removed. So, who would you replace him with? You can’t just talk on about getting rid of him, and not expect to be questioned about his replacement.  

What did you really expect this season? The title after going unbeaten all season? Promotion via the play offs? You’re living in a fantasy land if you are. Our job this season was to survive.

With regards to season ticket sales- Waggott’s clearly been brought in to try and cut the losses, whilst keeping the team competitive. Again, you’re living on planet fantasy if you think Venky’s are just going to allow him to cut season ticket prices.

You’ve also got to think about the financial fair play situation. If we cut season ticket prices, the playing budget untimately will get cut. The chances of this club bringing in similar attendances to the when we were in the top flight are minimal. Why? Because we’re in the Championship.

Your average walk in- who last paid out for a season ticket when we were in the top flight- isn’t going to purchase one when you’re up against teams  like Rotherham and Wigan, on a cold Wednesday night at home, when they can keep eye on it with Sky’s red button. The next time we’ll get big league crowds is on a return to the top flight, when big teams turn up. Just look the Liverpool and United FA Cup games...

You can talk about trying to “entice the fans” as much as you want. The fact the average walk in didn’t purchase one, when they’d have been given one for free the following season, if we’d been promoted under Bowyer, says an awful lot. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

Starting 11 today was the league 1 team + Reid. 

Mowbray is clearly not taking us forward. 

Large number of signings needed in the summer. I’m afraid I don’t trust him to make those signings. 

• Like 2

Thought we were poor overall but let off the hook but a poor Blackburn side who showed no quality going forward. We just didn't get a foothold in midfield without Pearson, and your wing-backs seemed to have so much space. Yet you had a £7m striker on the bench who always looked good against us for Forest?

Nearly didn't bother going today.  I don't know what was worse, the referee or the crossing into the box in the 2nd half.  Our best attempt on goal was the Preston lad nearly getting an og.

Too much chopping and changing, not enough desire to attack the ball or hassle the opposition and far too much pissing about with the ball.

Frustrated. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Boring? I define boring as something that’s repetitive, just like your ability to bang on about Mowbray needing to be removed. So, who would you replace him with? You can’t just talk on about getting rid of him, and not expect to be questioned about his replacement.  

What did you really expect this season? The title after going unbeaten all season? Promotion via the play offs? You’re living in a fantasy land if you are. Our job this season was to survive.

With regards to season ticket sales- Waggott’s clearly been brought in to try and cut the losses, whilst keeping the team competitive. Again, you’re living on planet fantasy if you think Venky’s are just going to allow him to cut season ticket prices.

You’ve also got to think about the financial fair play situation. If we cut season ticket prices, the playing budget untimately will get cut. The chances of this club bringing in similar attendances to the when we were in the top flight are minimal. Why? Because we’re in the Championship.

Your average walk in- who last paid out for a season ticket when we were in the top flight- isn’t going to purchase one when you’re up against teams  like Rotherham and Wigan, on a cold Wednesday night at home, when they can keep eye on it with Sky’s red button. The next time we’ll get big league crowds is on a return to the top flight, when big teams turn up. Just look the Liverpool and United FA Cup games...

You can talk about trying to “entice the fans” as much as you want. The fact the average walk in didn’t purchase one, when they’d have been given one for free the following season, if we’d been promoted under Bowyer, says an awful lot. 

Sorry pal. All I see there are excuses. And the red button is a desperate one to raise as it’s only been going a few months.

It’s always the same when someone makes a comment about needing a change. It’s then followed by “well who can we get instead?”.

“We couldn’t have spend £7m any better”

”We have to stick with Bowyer nobody else would come to Rovers”

“We can’t possibly sign a better keeper than Raya”

So defeatist.

Stop asking me what I can do to change it, instead ask what the club can do to change it. I highly doubt the answer is nothing.

9 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I think most fans accepted this was a season of consolidation. However, we are getting progressively worse and the team selections more baffling, which doesn't bode well for the future if he's to remain in charge.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Nearly didn't bother going today.  I don't know what was worse, the referee or the crossing into the box in the 2nd half.  Our best attempt on goal was the Preston lad nearly getting an og.

Too much chopping and changing, not enough desire to attack the ball or hassle the opposition and far too much pissing about with the ball.

Frustrated. 

Good players move the ball quickly as they have a clarity on what they need to do. Shite players piss about with the ball...basically because they're shite.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Sorry but that default response from fans is getting very boring.

Managers get sacked every other month. Amazingly those clubs ALL manage to bring in replacements. Some do better some do worse.

Things are too cosy at Rovers. Imagine if Williams had just kept on backing Ince game after game, defeat after defeat, relegation and beyond. Don’t worry though, Waggott won’t even be thinking about it. He is probably too busy working out how much he can increase next season’s ticket prices by and whether scrapping the early bird offer would still see the diehards renew, while setting ambitious targets for ST sales.

That's something that really irks me too. Fair enough if there are no other good quality managers around but currently that's not the case. 

Edited by Neal

11 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Imo you're not looking at the long term picture. If we'd brought in 2-3 first team quality players and blooded a load of youngsters and looked promising going forward  and barely survived that would have been a lot better than where we are now, plummeting like a stone having given out a load of new contracts to various has beens who should have been fired off.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Trouble down Livesey Branch Road earlier apparently 

Still a decent police presence around the Moorgate 

Wasn't the silly o'clock kick off time meant to prevent trouble and make the Ewood residents day free from disruption?

Just another reason to be annoyed at most things Rovers today.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

According to who? There was a lot of talk about 'bouncing through the division' in the summer from Mowbray. I doubt Venky's gave him £10m to spend just to survive. His increasingly desperate comments suggest he's feeling the pressure.

10 minutes ago, north_ender said:

Thought we were poor overall but let off the hook but a poor Blackburn side who showed no quality going forward. We just didn't get a foothold in midfield without Pearson, and your wing-backs seemed to have so much space. Yet you had a £7m striker on the bench who always looked good against us for Forest?

Agree, lots of Preston fans I overheard couldn't believe they had won it. Ultimately, our best chance (thanks to the ref) would have been an OG.

What was the Preston fan consensus as the ref gave the three free kicks against Reed-on-Gallagher, Nuttall-on-Fisher and the Graham "goal"? All three decisions probably saved almost certain goals and all seemed incredibly, nah, ridiculously soft.

Certainly felt the ref was your 12 man in that second half.... even though the red was possibly harsh, but in the 93rd minute I guess he sent him off to mask his pure awful one-sided performance.

I was hoping that if we had lost this we would have been outplayed and had our flawed managers tactics and team selection exposed, so Preston really let me down ?... and still won!!! 

Bloke from the LEP just tweeted this 

PNE last did the league 'double' over Blackburn in 1978/79 season.

August 1978 - PNE 4 Blackburn 1  - March 1979 - Blackburn 0 PNE 1

November 2018 - PNE 4 Blackburn  1 - March 2019 - Blackburn 0 PNE 1

Some coincidence 40 years apart. lets hope this season doesn't end the same as that one

Edited by perthblue02

23 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Good players move the ball quickly as they have a clarity on what they need to do. Shite players piss about with the ball...basically because they're shite.

Yep, can't argue with that 

I was expecting the replay to show Graham making more contact that it looked at the time.

But no, it's worse. That decision is horrendous. 

Between that, the Nuttall one and Dack, you have got to question the integrity of the ref. 

what really annoyed me was at 1 nil down, twice there players went down the ref did not blow for a foul yet we kicked the ball out. This shows a soft mentality, just play on and take any advantage going. If you take full advantage and score the player can get as much treatment as he likes before the kick off. If the opposition want to give away a freekick or put the ball out, then at least we will still be attacking, instead of a throw going back to our keeper who has probably the worst distribution in this league.  

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

what really annoyed me was at 1 nil down, twice there players went down the ref did not blow for a foul yet we kicked the ball out. This shows a soft mentality, just play on and take any advantage going. If you take full advantage and score the player can get as much treatment as he likes before the kick off. If the opposition want to give away a freekick or put the ball out, then at least we will still be attacking, instead of a throw going back to our keeper who has probably the worst distribution in this league.  

It happened at Rotherham last week too. It's professional sport in one of Europe's top leagues and some of our players want to play with a Corinthian spirit. Bollocks to the stupid unwritten convention, I want winners in my club not good sportsmen.

• Like 2