BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

17 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There is no doubt about it,this side needs completely dismantling come season end.

The warning signs are there....the Loons from Pune need to heavily invest in both playing staff and most likely Manager.

Writing is on the wall.

They most likely won't and in twelve months time we will probably be in deep trouble.

38 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It happened at Rotherham last week too. It's professional sport in one of Europe's top leagues and some of our players want to play with a Corinthian spirit. Bollocks to the stupid unwritten convention, I want winners in my club not good sportsmen.

That comes from the manager and his 'values'. They aren't the 'values' of a winner. 

3 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Summed it up for me when we're kicking the ball out TWICE for their players rolling around faking injury.

This was a LOCAL DERBY, you don't kick it out, especially when it's obvious they are just time wasting.

Pathetic. 

This had me apoplectic. We just stopped playing and then kicked it out of play. Very unprofessional. You MUST play to the whistle every time.

Mowbray has had time to shake things up and hasn't done so. Seems incapable. He has to speak to the owners, maybe move upstairs and let a more competent manager take over.

Don't blame the awful ref for the poor performance. Blame Mowbray and his ageing players; square pegs in round holes AGAIN.

Que the team in 4th place sacking their manager, as even though he did a admirable job last season despite relegation (sound familiar?) they have decided that since our 1-1 draw, 36 points in the time we have amassed 22 is enough to warrent the sack.

Mowbray for WBA. Let's get it trending.

Ps. That Danny Graham "foul" is a disgrace and only a referee with a clear agenda would have given that. Shocking. That's in the same category with Henning Berg Vs Man Utd and Tevez for WHU for terrible Ewood refereeing decisions.

2 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Boring? I define boring as something that’s repetitive, just like your ability to bang on about Mowbray needing to be removed. So, who would you replace him with? You can’t just talk on about getting rid of him, and not expect to be questioned about his replacement.  

What did you really expect this season? The title after going unbeaten all season? Promotion via the play offs? You’re living in a fantasy land if you are. Our job this season was to survive.

With regards to season ticket sales- Waggott’s clearly been brought in to try and cut the losses, whilst keeping the team competitive. Again, you’re living on planet fantasy if you think Venky’s are just going to allow him to cut season ticket prices.

You’ve also got to think about the financial fair play situation. If we cut season ticket prices, the playing budget untimately will get cut. The chances of this club bringing in similar attendances to the when we were in the top flight are minimal. Why? Because we’re in the Championship.

Your average walk in- who last paid out for a season ticket when we were in the top flight- isn’t going to purchase one when you’re up against teams  like Rotherham and Wigan, on a cold Wednesday night at home, when they can keep eye on it with Sky’s red button. The next time we’ll get big league crowds is on a return to the top flight, when big teams turn up. Just look the Liverpool and United FA Cup games...

You can talk about trying to “entice the fans” as much as you want. The fact the average walk in didn’t purchase one, when they’d have been given one for free the following season, if we’d been promoted under Bowyer, says an awful lot. 

What I expected was to be in the bottom half of the league, possibly nearer the bottom than we are now. What I also expected was 3 or 4 players being brought into the team that would raise the standard appreciably from last season given we were playing at an higher level. These players would be regulars in the first team and not " padding " or bodies to make up the numbers. I expected a more coherent style of play to emerge that would be more sophisticated than ale house balls from back to front. I expected us to be able to play for more than 45 minutes in a game and I expected us to learn how to play out a game and not fold in the last ten minutes on a regular basis. I expected that in the unlikely event of us shelling out mega bucks for a striker he might actually play and with a bit of luck actually score the odd goal.

Is that too much to ask from a guy who has been in pro football all his life ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

For anyone that may have seen the chaos pre match, a Blackburn fan, walking alone to the game, was beaten up by a group of PNE fans, for being a Rovers fan. He was left unconscious and bleeding from the mouth, head and nose. Passers by gave their shirts and coats to stop the bleeding whilst an ambulance came. He's now back conscious in hospital and speaking, although didn't know it was his birthday. 

Football, eh.

FB_IMG_1552161346065.jpg

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agree with most of your assessment but I thought Evans was a disgrace to the shirt today.

For me the best midfield combo is any that doesn't involve Evans. Smallwood wasn't great either today and for me the glaringly obvious change needed at HT was Travis for Evans or failing that Smallwood but Tony was obviously happy with what he saw.

Mowbray just makes a pigs dinner of it. He talks about change but changed nothing. Evans and smallwood together with Bennett moved to a new position was his change. We got that pairing out previously because it wasn’t working.

He’s better saying I’m not going to change personnel so just accept it than discuss the radical and do nothing.

Ill predict the next  game.  Team all the same members but a LT article on how it’s going to be radical. Rothwell is great, young players are under consideration bereton is a potential star. The team however is just the same.

All been said really by lots of perceptive posts.

Just 3 things.

1. When we beat Hull City on Jan 26, I thought that was the best I had seen us play for a long time and posted as such post-match. I did want to post some ‘issues’ re our team/tactics etc. but thought it churlish in the circumstances at the time. All those ‘issues’ were present today.

2. On the signing of Brereton. On evidence so far I am with most of you here –why and why so much money wasted when other areas needed reinforcing. The only thing that might be mitigating is when I think of say, Kevin Davies (and others for other clubs as well as us) who have not performed initially and then gone on elsewhere to be a success. No, I don’t buy it either but you never know (says the eternal pessimist!) Aged 19. Many players don’t mature until their 20s. Having said all that, it’s not what we needed and further evidence of the gaffer’s ineptitude/misjudgement.

3. I was going to say something about refs. But just not worth it. Home sides always see things through a certain type of lens. Only one I would like to see again after being there live was the booking of Reed? for the foul on Gallagher? that meant we were clean through. As for the stuff about ‘men were men’ in the old days, well yes, but then players were cripples by the age of 28, skilled players were hacked down and defenders were knuckleheads like chopper Harris. And I would agree about rugby but then they give no lip whatsoever to refs unlike the supposed ‘industrial’ language that is tolerated and deemed necessary in soccer. Always enjoy seeing clips of Hunter and Franny slugging it out though. :-)

Just now, J*B said:

For anyone that may have seen the chaos pre match, a Blackburn fan, walking alone to the game, was beaten up by a group of PNE fans, for being a Rovers fan. He was left unconscious and bleeding from the mouth, head and nose. Passers by gave their shirts and coats to stop the bleeding whilst an ambulance came. He's now back conscious in hospital and speaking, although didn't know it was his birthday. 

Football, eh.

Horrible, sickening behaviour. Hope he makes a full recovery.

2 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Boring? I define boring as something that’s repetitive, just like your ability to bang on about Mowbray needing to be removed. So, who would you replace him with? You can’t just talk on about getting rid of him, and not expect to be questioned about his replacement.  

What did you really expect this season? The title after going unbeaten all season? Promotion via the play offs? You’re living in a fantasy land if you are. Our job this season was to survive.

With regards to season ticket sales- Waggott’s clearly been brought in to try and cut the losses, whilst keeping the team competitive. Again, you’re living on planet fantasy if you think Venky’s are just going to allow him to cut season ticket prices.

You’ve also got to think about the financial fair play situation. If we cut season ticket prices, the playing budget untimately will get cut. The chances of this club bringing in similar attendances to the when we were in the top flight are minimal. Why? Because we’re in the Championship.

Your average walk in- who last paid out for a season ticket when we were in the top flight- isn’t going to purchase one when you’re up against teams  like Rotherham and Wigan, on a cold Wednesday night at home, when they can keep eye on it with Sky’s red button. The next time we’ll get big league crowds is on a return to the top flight, when big teams turn up. Just look the Liverpool and United FA Cup games...

You can talk about trying to “entice the fans” as much as you want. The fact the average walk in didn’t purchase one, when they’d have been given one for free the following season, if we’d been promoted under Bowyer, says an awful lot. 

I don’t know you and respect your opinion but like every other football fan I never set off with the idea of hanging around. In January we had a chance to push on and for whatever reason Mowbray didn’t take it. Football as In life is a results business and no matter how you dress it up this is really poor.

No successfully enterprise accepts mediocrity as its aim and I bet you can’t name one that does.

Do I want Mowbray sacked no but let me assure you if this continues it will happen. That is a given

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Well lack of take up says they didn't think we'd go up.

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, J*B said:

Football, eh.

FB_IMG_1552161346065.jpg

Good job it was an early kick off and we avoided this sort of thing

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

Football, eh.

FB_IMG_1552161346065.jpg

Complete and utter cowardly scum. 

Hope the lad makes a full and speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J*B said:

Football, eh.

FB_IMG_1552161346065.jpg

Absolute Shit Houses.

Trouble yet again on LBR...limit their allocation next time.:angry:

At a time when violence at football grounds seems to be declining, north end do seem to have a minority of pretty nasty fans. They’ve been around for a few seasons now. They never used to have - or I don’t remember them having this problem. 

Its something the club itself should be looking at and taking responsibility for. 

• Like 1

It was a bit of handbags at 10 paces tbh. We were a group of about 13 ( mostly in our 50s) waiting for our minibus. However we had one lad with us pissed as a fart goading everyone and everything Preston. One Nobber took exception and they squared up to each other (finished up like the lion from wizard of oz. Both saying put em up, put em up). We just laughed as did most Nobbers as the fuzz were filming everything

Just now, den said:

At a time when violence at football grounds seems to be declining, north end do seem to have a minority of pretty nasty fans. They’ve been around for a few seasons now. They never used to have - or I don’t remember them having this problem. 

Its something the club itself should be looking at and taking responsibility for. 

Chavs.  Scummy, lowlife, uppity Chavs.

1 minute ago, den said:

They've always had their fair share of idiots. On a par with Bolton and Burnley.

Just now, ossyian said:

It was a bit of handbags at 10 paces tbh. We were a group of about 13 ( mostly in our 50s) waiting for our minibus. However we had one lad with us pissed as a fart goading everyone and everything Preston. One Nobber took exception and they squared up to each other (finished up like the lion from wizard of oz. Both saying put em up, put em up). We just laughed as did most Nobbers as the fuzz were filming everything

You've seen the picture on this thread of the lad with his head cut open? It must have been a heavy handbag.