BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Of all the crap spoken by Mowbray this takes the biscuit for me. He says that Mulgrew may have injured his hamstring due to being tense from his manager shouting at him. I'm really hoping he reads this back and realise what a prick he sounds.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/march/concern-over-mulgrews-injury/

That's mental. I've said for a while that Mowbray is eccentric.  He's actually as mad as a box of frogs

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom said:

Good job it was an early kick off and we avoided this sort of thing

There’s an argument that more people would have been about if it had been a later kick off.

I assume that all PNE fans will be required to be bused in for future games... or might that hit club revenue...?

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Hopefully Mowbray will recall Downing and as always when asked to step in, he will do a sterling job. And everyone will wonder why he was allowed to be loaned out in the first place. 

Players can only be recalled from loans if they are on season long loans and it's during a transfer window. Downing wouldn't come back anyway.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Of all the crap spoken by Mowbray this takes the biscuit for me. He says that Mulgrew may have injured his hamstring due to being tense from his manager shouting at him. I'm really hoping he reads this back and realise what a prick he sounds.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/march/concern-over-mulgrews-injury/

“The schedule has been intense, and I'd suggest that Charlie Mulgrew has felt that pressure of my tongue in recent weeks"

CXK3TKW.gif.ddef16d00aef31ac9acbb4f15a1b573a.gif

2 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Paul Downing made a costly error yesterday for Doncaster, which allowed AFC Wimbledon to score.

An error that any of our defenders would have been widely criticised for making.

New signings of a requisite quality in the summer are needed.

That's cherry picking because as far as I can tell he's not put a foot wrong there and fact is he isn't a Mulgrew or Rodwell class of player so no surprise they all have a rick in them at his level, the better players should be better though.

I'm convinced that had Downing stayed and had a run of games we'd be a few points better off, nothing spectacular we'd still probably be moaning but i'm convinced him being at least decent in the air would've helped prevent a couple of goals and things would look a bit healthier.

Besides that what happens if yet another centre half goes down this week ?  Letting him go to get fixed up was nice guy Tony thinking about the player, not having someone come in in place was plain poor planning from a manager who should know better.

1 hour ago, booth said:

“The schedule has been intense, and I'd suggest that Charlie Mulgrew has felt that pressure of my tongue in recent weeks"

CXK3TKW.gif.ddef16d00aef31ac9acbb4f15a1b573a.gif

Maybe he means Mulgrew is suddenly feeling his hamstring due to all the flack he s suddenly  receiving ie .."er im not fit boss  ..think ive done me hamster " (sod this im not playing ) ..

Think Kevin Gallagher said something similar on the radio during the game that when you hit a bit of bad form suddenly players under pressure start collecting mysterious injuries . He named Mulgrew as one .

Basically he cant take a bollocking and the pressures on so suddenly his hamstrings playing up  I think Mowbray means !

Edited by HowieFive0

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Maybe he means Mulgrew is suddenly feeling his hamstring due to all the flack he s suddenly  receiving ie .."er im not fit boss  ..think ive done me hamster " (sod this im not playing ) ..

Think Kevin Gallagher said something similar on the radio during the game that when you hit a bit of bad form suddenly players under pressure start collecting mysterious injuries . He named Mulgrew as one .

That's not how I read Mowbrays comments. It's some kind of biomechanical nonsense from Mowbray that being tense strained his hamstring. If he is inferring that Mulgrew is mentally weak then he should say that and not come out with shite that insults our intelligence. By the way this is a player who has captained his national team and played in the Champions League.

"Unfortunately, maybe because of the anxiety of his manager moaning at him, he's been up tight and his hamstring has strained. That's how it looks to me," he added.

Christ is it any wonder the team is such a soft touch at the back ? 

I really hope he's just trying to make light of it although he might have been better saying I've been on his case everyday in training and he's been busting a gut but unfortunately he's over done it !

Just now, arbitro said:

That's not how I read Mowbrays comments. It's some kind of biomechanical nonsense from Mowbray that being tense strained his hamstring. If he is inferring that Mulgrew is mentally weak then he should say that and not come out with shite that insults our intelligence. By the way this is a player who has captained his national team and played in the Champions League.

"Unfortunately, maybe because of the anxiety of his manager moaning at him, he's been up tight and his hamstring has strained. That's how it looks to me," he added.

Im just putting forward another opinion Abritro ..who knows ..? But it could quite easily be seen as a veiled comment from Mowbray that soon as the bollockings (some public)  start players suddenly start getting tight hamstrings .

Just a little funny Kev Gallagher said something very similar during the game too and was mentioning Mulgrew . As an Ex pro ( Gallagher not me !) to say something on those lines suggests he s seen it at first hand during his playing career and may not be as uncommon as we think regardless of what experience said player has   ?

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Im just putting forward another opinion Abritro ..who knows ..? But it could quite easily be seen as a veiled comment from Mowbray that soon as the bollockings (some public)  start players suddenly start getting tight hamstrings .

Just a little funny Kev Gallagher said something very similar during the game too and was mentioning Mulgrew . As an Ex pro ( Gallagher not me !) to say something on those lines suggests he s seen it at first hand during his playing career and may not be as uncommon as we think regardless of what experience said player has   ?

Undoubtedly there are players who are brittle and Mulgrew could be one but Mowbrays comments taken literally read differently. 

Just now, arbitro said:

Undoubtedly there are players who are brittle and Mulgrew could be one but Mowbrays comments taken literally read differently. 

As I said Arbitro just another take on it . Read them another way and it sounds like Mowbrays having a dig... we ll probably never know and im  certainly not falling out with you about it! Could be construed in either way.

Mowbray already said publicly that he doesn't care if his defenders score goals ..if they cant stop them then next season he ll replace with those that will. Pressure on.

Whatever the correct interpretation is it is not good for Rovers: 

If - and this is most unlikely - the injury has been caused by TM having a go at Mulgrew, it shows even more so that Mulgrew really isn't made of good stuff and can't cope with pressure; further evidence that he is finished and needs replacing.  

If it's Mulgrew's way of getting out of pressure by being "injured" again it shows he isn't captain material or the type you want leading the dressing room. Given how injured he was under Coyle but then how ok - in the same season - under TM Mulgrew was then this would be my leaning on the whole situation. Pressure goes on, Mulgrew gets out. 

If TM genuinely thinks this caused an injury or is using this as an excuse to protect Mulgrew - my word, we have a manager who has lost the plot. 

So the way I see it, is it's yet more evidence that either the manager, our captain, or both aren't really fit for purpose. Not a good place to be in really. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That's cherry picking because as far as I can tell he's not put a foot wrong there and fact is he isn't a Mulgrew or Rodwell class of player so no surprise they all have a rick in them at his level, the better players should be better though.

I'm convinced that had Downing stayed and had a run of games we'd be a few points better off, nothing spectacular we'd still probably be moaning but i'm convinced him being at least decent in the air would've helped prevent a couple of goals and things would look a bit healthier.

Besides that what happens if yet another centre half goes down this week ?  Letting him go to get fixed up was nice guy Tony thinking about the player, not having someone come in in place was plain poor planning from a manager who should know better.

Downing is a bog standard League 1 centre back who did well for us initially, partially by not being Elliott Ward, but as time went on his limitations became more and more clear and indeed Lenihan was instantly back into the team upon his return.

The fact that he has been missed and that he would walk back into the side says more about the neglected mess of a defence we have rather than anything about Downing himself.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Downing is a bog standard League 1 centre back who did well for us initially, partially by not being Elliott Ward, but as time went on his limitations became more and more clear and indeed Lenihan was instantly back into the team upon his return.

The fact that he has been missed and that he would walk back into the side says more about the neglected mess of a defence we have rather than anything about Downing himself.

Agree but my point still stands we'd be a bit stronger still having him here or preferably a championship standard centre half covering his place in the squad than without either.

I think it's nailed on we'd be a point or two better off as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Which reminds me,  what's up with Rodwell this time? 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

I'm beginning to think Rothwell is on some sort of pay in instalments if he starts or something because short of his head falling off i'm not sure what other reason for him not playing will be trotted out !

Rodwell is turning out as expected, a good footballer nowhere near fit or robust enough to compete every week at this level, that's why he's ended up here.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm beginning to think Rothwell is on some sort of pay in instalments if he starts or something because short of his head falling off i'm not sure what other reason for him not playing will be trotted out !

Rodwell is turning out as expected, a good footballer nowhere near fit or robust enough to compete every week at this level, that's why he's ended up here.

and went along with Mowbray's cheap CB fix ruse

• Like 2

Ok. U know me by now. I only post when I feel the need. Rodwell for me is the best midfielder we have by a country mile & needs to start in there. 

Rothwell needs to start - I don't care if he's run over TM's cat, he has to start. RS I love him to bits, but is out of his depth.

Recall Downing at all costs, he's not the best ever but he's a CH and apart from DL is the only one we have!

If I can see this and TM  doesn't then, thanks Tony, but we have to move on.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 2