BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

On 09/03/2019 at 19:58, J*B said:

For anyone that may have seen the chaos pre match, a Blackburn fan, walking alone to the game, was beaten up by a group of PNE fans, for being a Rovers fan. He was left unconscious and bleeding from the mouth, head and nose. Passers by gave their shirts and coats to stop the bleeding whilst an ambulance came. He's now back conscious in hospital and speaking, although didn't know it was his birthday. 

Football, eh.

FB_IMG_1552161346065.jpg

Please tell me this isn’t the same guy...

3EE2BE34-2E98-4A60-B45D-ED9415822FEE.jpeg

14 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Maybe he means Mulgrew is suddenly feeling his hamstring due to all the flack he s suddenly  receiving ie .."er im not fit boss  ..think ive done me hamster " (sod this im not playing ) ..

Think Kevin Gallagher said something similar on the radio during the game that when you hit a bit of bad form suddenly players under pressure start collecting mysterious injuries . He named Mulgrew as one .

Basically he cant take a bollocking and the pressures on so suddenly his hamstrings playing up  I think Mowbray means !

It's definitely up there with  dew on the pitch.

But yes it sounds to me like Mowbray has pissed him right off.

• J*B unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Ok. U know me by now. I only post when I feel the need. Rodwell for me is the best midfielder we have by a country mile & needs to start in there. 

Rothwell needs to start - I don't care if he's run over TM's cat, he has to start. RS I love him to bits, but is out of his depth.

Recall Downing at all costs, he's not the best ever but he's a CH and apart from DL is the only one we have!

If I can see this and TM  doesn't then, thanks Tony, but we have to move on.

I like what you're saying but most of what you say isn't possible.

Rodwell is injured and is also NEVER going to be an option for us in centre mid. He's not robust enough to play there, his body clearly can't handle it. There's a reason he's here in the first place thats because he's trying to extend his career by converting to cb.

We can't recall Downing. He's not very good but he shouldn't have let him go without a replacement.

Rothwell should be starting though and he should have been starting months ago.

2 hours ago, booth said:

It's definitely up there with  dew on the pitch.

But yes it sounds to me like Mowbray has pissed him right off.

I remember after Bolton away I randomly walked past the players entrance after the game and Mulgrew stormed to the team coach before any of the other players were even leaving with a real face on. Didn't read too much into it back then but maybe he's more cry baby than captain fantastic?

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I remember after Bolton away I randomly walked past the players entrance after the game and Mulgrew stormed to the team coach before any of the other players were even leaving with a real face on. Didn't read too much into it back then but maybe he's more cry baby than captain fantastic?

I know it's easy to jump on someone when things aren't going well but I've mentioned before in past about this guy when the team is struggling he's no leader at all.

The season we went down it was obvious he was a tidy player comfortable on the ball but when it called for dogs of war he wasn't showing his teeth I was concerned how quick his head went down but he was a newbie and no worse than anyone else. Fast forward to the start of last season and I was appalled at his on pitch body language to be honest especially in the first home game we got pasted, hands on hips or arms dangling clearly wearing a look of i'm too good for this !

After that and the rest of last season he was excellent and looked like he'd really found his feet -and maybe level- and early this season the same but after the latest transfer window he's been missing defensively although not with cultured left foot.

Hard to know what to make of the real Mr Mulgrew but i'd suggest he's a bit of a big time/good time Charlie who only shows up when the team is doing well. If he's pulling strokes now putting country before club ( won't be the first here eh Corry lad ?)  then he can do one for me i'd bench him for the rest of the season and boot him off the wage bill in summer.

Bloody hell we'd miss his goals though......

18 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

There was an unfounded story that Mowbray wouldn't let Mulgrew join up with Scotland before the November internationals as he was injured in the time leading up to the games but fit when the games came around. The story was that Mulgrew was upset with Mowbray as he wants to get fifty caps to enter the Hall of Fame in Scotland.

For what it's worth I agree with Mowbray and if Mulgrew has spat his dummy out then get shut.

32 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Wouldn't look too much into that. He played very well that day and probably was just as ready to get out of Bolton as I was.

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

Unbelievable.  

Keanesque - reminiscent of the dew on the grass.

I'm just waiting for one about the 'wrong shade of blue' on the shirts.

It pacifies the players too much. Takes the fight right out of them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I know it's easy to jump on someone when things aren't going well but I've mentioned before in past about this guy when the team is struggling he's no leader at all.

The season we went down it was obvious he was a tidy player comfortable on the ball but when it called for dogs of war he wasn't showing his teeth I was concerned how quick his head went down but he was a newbie and no worse than anyone else. Fast forward to the start of last season and I was appalled at his on pitch body language to be honest especially in the first home game we got pasted, hands on hips or arms dangling clearly wearing a look of i'm too good for this !

After that and the rest of last season he was excellent and looked like he'd really found his feet -and maybe level- and early this season the same but after the latest transfer window he's been missing defensively although not with cultured left foot.

Hard to know what to make of the real Mr Mulgrew but i'd suggest he's a bit of a big time/good time Charlie who only shows up when the team is doing well. If he's pulling strokes now putting country before club ( won't be the first here eh Corry lad ?)  then he can do one for me i'd bench him for the rest of the season and boot him off the wage bill in summer.

Bloody hell we'd miss his goals though......

Maybe he's as hacked off with the bizarre team selections and transfer policy as we are, and getting blamed for things that are only partly his fault.

He's also one of those players promoted to captain who doesn't seem captain material. And then because of that it affects their game.

35 minutes ago, booth said:

Maybe he's as hacked off with the bizarre team selections and transfer policy as we are, and getting blamed for things that are only partly his fault.

He's also one of those players promoted to captain who doesn't seem captain material. And then because of that it affects their game.

Good point I was going to add there could be the issue of him as probably THE senior pro and captain not quite seeing eye to eye with the manager and possibly sick of trying to get his points across so in effect he's thought sod it what's the point. Although him legging it on the coach at Bolton doesn't mean much probably just knackered and wanted away.

Don't think we could lose sight of the way everything and everyone seemed deflated after the last transfer window I don't think it's a coincidence. There was no statement of intent more a job done as you were air about it. 

The real intentions at the club start to show themselves bit by bit in ways like this, seen it all before and not just because we didn't chuck ten million at someone.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, Husky said:

That's one I'd agree with.  We play in Baby Blue and White halves,  see even I can call them halves  ?, well half the time anyway. Non aggressive colours, get rid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Husky said:

It is a shite shade though to be right, weak colour weak bods in them and it sends out a 'too mild' look to opposition.

Well that's my take anyway ?

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:47, blueboy3333 said:

Spending 7m on a sub Striker when your defence is appalling is frankly criminal. So yes it does matter. 

Well put like that I would have to agree .. cant say we have ever had to think about anything over at North End in that league of transfer fees or any where near it or even half... maybe a quarter of that fee once a long time ago...

I must admit I hadn't even heard of the lad and wondered what the big payment could be for...…

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:11, JacknOry said:

BB has been playing with the under-23s he has been so bad. Then again, he is a striker and being told to play on the wing by TM so go figure.

It certainly does matter how much they cost when he took up pretty much 80% of our summer spending when there were glaring deficiencies in the squad that needed investment. Striker was one, yes, but one that might start and for 7 million quid you should be expecting a starter, not one for the future - we aint Chelsea. We have been calling for a CB for the past two seasons but this lot dont spend money on CBs as they usually dont turn a profit as much as other positions.

The BB signing was for nothing more than some kind of stupid profit making exercise rather than for the benefit of the team. I highly doubt TM was even behind it. 

It sounds to me like perhaps its not the manager buying the players.....

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:54, OnePhilT said:

@white boy, even before the match, I knew that Daniel Johnson was a good 'un. He's always been a thorn in our side whenever we've played you in recent years. Never really hear any plaudits for him, though, which is a bit strange. Does he only play well against us? ?

To be honest he doesn't usually play.. has come in last couple of games because Pearson got suspended and we had to change the shape of the team.  Hence in my opinion why we looked like couldn't string more than 4 passes together and struggled to keep the ball.,