BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The tea thread!

As a born and bred Lancastrian it pains me to say Yorkshire tea is the best bagged tea - however it's in very short supply in these coffee-centric parts.  I am reliant on visitors and work colleagues shipping it in from the UK ..... managed to avoid any stock-outs so far in 3 years ?

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

As a born and bred Lancastrian it pains me to say Yorkshire tea is the best bagged tea - however it's in very short supply in these coffee-centric parts.  I am reliant on visitors and work colleagues shipping it in from the UK ..... managed to avoid any stock-outs so far in 3 years ?

Yorkshire tea is my favourite. I too get it shipped over. I can buy it at my local supermarket but it costs a fortune for about 20 bags. American tea is weaker than weak. It's disgusting. 

I've also had some Lancashire tea. My mum got it for me from Ossy Mills, I think. 

Mostly drink black coffee with unsalted butter or MCT oil these days. Espressos like a right posh bastard. 

Used to be a big tea drinker, we have 2 main brands here Lyons and Barrys. In my opinion both nice, but people are very defensive of their favorite generally.  

Evening time it's herbal all the way, usually chamomile ,Relax or Night time tea by Pukka. 

Been introduced to the delights of Chinese White Tea- delicious.

I love Green Tea but have to be careful where I drink it because of the diuretic effect...

Earl Grey with a tiny drop of milk from time to time is very pleasant. A good Assam is a cup of wonderful taste. 

Herbal teas always smell much better than they taste.. says he with a mug of Yogi lemon and ginger on his desk.  

59 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

gumboots getting confused with Earl Grey?

Yorkshire gets my vote for a grand, strong brew.

Confused, no. I don't drink Earl Grey either. Most hotel chains provide that Twinings stuff. I take my own tea bags. To me, though obviously not to some, bearing in mind that it is very popular generally, Twinings English breakfast tastes awful. I simply cannot drink it. 

Love my Yorkshire tea....plus you can buy it in mega bags at Costco.

Used to drink Earl Grey alot but it smells perfumed and odd now.

Assam is excellent if you want a stronger cup.

Love visiting the US but oh dear me, the Americans just don't understand tea and have to drink coffee when I'm there. 

45 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Love my Yorkshire tea....plus you can buy it in mega bags at Costco.

Used to drink Earl Grey alot but it smells perfumed and odd now.

Assam is excellent if you want a stronger cup.

Love visiting the US but oh dear me, the Americans just don't understand tea and have to drink coffee when I'm there. 

Costco for Yorkshire Tea. Great shout.

Ringtons loose leaf as i said on Sunday.

• 2 years later...