BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Northcote

30 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

The ultimate controlling Company was named as Matlyn Investments Ltd, registered in Jersey. Lynda Mathewman is the late Jack Walker's daughter, so you don't need to have worked at Bletchly Park, to have worked out the connection ..

Good job you didn't work there either I doubt you could've gone back and edited things when you were a bit wide of the mark first time.

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Good job you didn't work there either I doubt you could've gone back and edited things when you were a bit wide of the mark first time.

Whether the owners were the Trust, of whom I suspect Mr Walker's family are beneficiaries, or the family themselves is a minor point although I did edit my post to reflect your knowledgable contribution !!  However, I doubt the enigma codes were cracked at the first attempt either !! ?

In peace as ever !!

As far as I can see the Three Fishes is no longer a Brunning & Price pub, although the Clog & Billycock and the two others that were sold still are. Presumably because they already had the Aspinall arms across the road. I've no idea who owns it now but that might explain the difference in standards.

On 28/02/2019 at 18:19, Mattyblue said:

Interesting.

Has anyone been the Clog recently?

In the Clog a few days ago.  Service good and attentive, food well presented and of good quality.

Aspinall has always been decent under B & P.

Not been in Three Fishes for a number of years now.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, unsall said:

Told on Tuesday Rovers have a new company in place to replace Northcote, couldn’t get a name yet, but saying they will cover all hospitality and the concourse.

Pound Bakery and EasyCoffee.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Announced yesterday that the Three Fishes at Mitton is to close it's doors on Monday 6th May !!

Sad, really .... had some really good meals there over the years !!

Did they provide special cutlery for you with wider handles?

• Like 3

On 12/04/2019 at 10:00, unsall said:

Told on Tuesday Rovers have a new company in place to replace Northcote, couldn’t get a name yet, but saying they will cover all hospitality and the concourse.

Greggs please. 

4 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

No, but I had a lovely chat with a " Blue " who was being taught how to use his  ....... 

What’s a a blue, we refer to ourselves as “a Rover” similar to how your lot refer to each other as brother/husband and mother/wife?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

What’s a a blue, we refer to ourselves as “a Rover” similar to how your lot refer to each other as brother/husband and mother/wife?

In the many years I was at school, worked or played sport in Blackburn, I don't think I ever heard anybody ask if you were " a Rover " , whereas a " Blue " was very commonplace.

In my experience, if you encounted a " Rover ", you would either....

a)  throw it a stick to fetch 

b)  expect it's engine to overheat, due to a head gasket problem !!  ?

59 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

In the many years I was at school, worked or played sport in Blackburn, I don't think I ever heard anybody ask if you were " a Rover " , whereas a " Blue " was very commonplace.

In my experience, if you encounted a " Rover ", you would either....

a)  throw it a stick to fetch 

b)  expect it's engine to overheat, due to a head gasket problem !!  ?

Are you 7?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Are you 7?

I think this is true. Living in ossy you were either a blue or a claret. You were never referred to as a Rover. Think its is a very recent reference to Rovers

Out of interest, in places like Ossy and Rishton, literally on Blackburn’s border there seems to be far too many Dingles for my liking.

Yet I get the impression if you went to say Colne or Padiham you wouldn’t find too many Rovers fans.

Any reason why apart from folk wanting to escape Dingleville?

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Out of interest, in places like Ossy and Rishton, literally on Blackburn’s border there seems to be far too many Dingles for my liking.

Yet I get the impression if you went to say Colne or Padiham you wouldn’t find too many Rovers fans.

Any reason why apart from folk wanting to escape Dingleville?

Which makes one wonder why their gates have never been bigger than they are in the modern era ....