BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Northcote

39 minutes ago, McClarky said:

I forgot all about Eddie Howe being your manager.  Done a superb job since and always linked with big jobs.  Strange how things work out.

He has .... He was working up here whilst his mother was suffering a terminal illness and she passed away in the March of 2012, before he left in early October of the same year. Bournemouth wanted him back, having sacked Paul Groves, and a " mutual agreement " was reached, with Bournemouth paying a compensation payment to release Eddie Howe from his contract.

From what I understand, it was conducted sensitively and all parties behaved honorably. It's certainly worked out for both Eddie Howe and Bournemouth, and also for Sean Dyche and the Clarets !!

7 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Stuart,

I picked 1950-51 season purely on the basis that it was the first season where there were 92 Clubs in the league structure, for an easy comparison, over a statistically significant period, uninterrupted by war etc. ... I must admit, I hadn't realised Rovers had spent most of the 1950's in the 2nd Tier ... I still think that's a reasonable place to start ...

Obviously by picking that starting point, I omitted 2 of Rover's title winning seasons, ( and 1 of Burnley's ), all three of which were nearly 100 years ago. 

Rovers have a  " storried " history, with 6 FA Cup wins and 3 1st Division titles, and I absolutely acknowledge that .... shall we agree that we're both lucky enough to support Clubs with  long, illustrious, and proud histories ?? 

No, you were talking about natural level, not trophies.

We are still some way ahead of you.

• Like 1

It really is quite straightforward. We've spent the majority of our League existence in the top flight. Our league existence is as long or longer than everyone else's. On that basis our level should be top division.

We're in the top 10 on major trophies won in English history. On that basis we should be in the top division. The fact that the majority of those trophies were won a long time ago is about as relevant as Liverpool winning most of their trophies pre 1990.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead

Didn't someone post an all time English football table the other day and we were about 10th?

Can't believe our sympathetic pal missed that.....

• Like 2

Burnley had a good European tour though didn't they. Aberdeen is probably as far as most of them have ever been.

They are very lucky there is currently some dreadful teams etching a living out in the Premier League. Without a doubt the gap between top and bottom is as distant as it has ever been. 

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Burnley had a good European tour though didn't they. Aberdeen is probably as far as most of them have ever been.

They are very lucky there is currently some dreadful teams etching a living out in the Premier League. Without a doubt the gap between top and bottom is as distant as it has ever been. 

Very true, although I'm not sure what that says about a team that finished 15th in the League below, though ! ?

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Didn’t they go to Turkey as well when a load of them got arrested? Pathetic ambassadors for our country. 

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 23:52, sympatheticclaret said:

He has .... He was working up here whilst his mother was suffering a terminal illness and she passed away in the March of 2012, before he left in early October of the same year. Bournemouth wanted him back, having sacked Paul Groves, and a " mutual agreement " was reached, with Bournemouth paying a compensation payment to release Eddie Howe from his contract.

From what I understand, it was conducted sensitively and all parties behaved honorably. It's certainly worked out for both Eddie Howe and Bournemouth, and also for Sean Dyche and the Clarets !!

Worked out for everyone, unfortunately.?

• Like 1

Just now, sympatheticclaret said:

Talking of Ambassadors ......

About this pint, are you a lager or bitter man ? ?

_multimedia_archive_03164_lesaux_3164295k.jpg

At the clarets rate of collecting major trophies it will be roughly another 450 years before they reach our current figure! I may not be around at that time mind ???

Edited by ossyian
Wrong
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Talking of Ambassadors ......

About this pint, are you a lager or bitter man ? ?

_multimedia_archive_03164_lesaux_3164295k.jpg

Three great players. Proud to have them as the face of Champions.

The unwashed have Joey Barton as theirs. How fitting.

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 2

On 06/05/2019 at 23:52, sympatheticclaret said:

Wasn’t his mrs also demanding he came back down south?! Sure I remember it.

Either way both cracking managers in there own right. I’m a huge fan of Dyche a poor mans BIg Sam

On 08/05/2019 at 20:07, ossyian said:

How come the Mackems are 10th with 8 and we are 11th with 10?????

Won more league championships (6) than us (3) That's how it seems to work.

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2019 at 13:15, Stuart said:

Pound Bakery and EasyCoffee.

Bloody hell, I was in the right ballpark. From fine dining to the canteen experience. Over-priced hot dogs and chips all round!

4E14FE10-F1BA-452B-A538-38349B1B5E56.jpeg.eed89151916ad228d7823cc3530f3e0c.jpeg

??

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bloody hell, I was in the right ballpark. From fine dining to the canteen experience. Over-priced hot dogs and chips all round!

4E14FE10-F1BA-452B-A538-38349B1B5E56.jpeg.eed89151916ad228d7823cc3530f3e0c.jpeg

??

If they cook like they run the private arm of the probation service (which this Government now accept isn't fit for purpose), expect a bout of gippy tummy  first match!