BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rotherham away

The coaches are garbage, Lowe and Benson.

The pre match warm up infuriates me... I'm a teacher and if Ofsted saw that shooting drill they would have me lynched.

Why are there 9/10 players in a line shooting for the last 10 mins and WHY is Smallw*nk one of them (his new name). He hasn't taken a shot all season yet takes his place in the queue no bother. Conway, Nuttall, Brereton, Bennett, Smallwood, Rothwell, Dack, Armstrong, Graham were all lined up.

4 of them could have done the same drill at half time and Bennett and Smallwood could have been working on, I dunno, passing and control?

It's a farce. 

Side note: the atmosphere pre kick off was awesome, felt like we were gearing up for a playoff game with the hype music. Our match day experience is non existent at ewood.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, DE. said:

I just can't get over the language he used. It was like he was quoting a post off here.

Fella my dad goes Ewood with got invited to the training ground recently, I think he won some sort of competition or something, got to watch the players train... That's nothing compared to how he spoke to Dack apparently. Bloke said he tried doing some fancy flick or trick in training and he went ballistic at him not realising fans were there... Quickly realised they were and waved at them to apologise for the language he used.

To be honest TM gave some good post-game comments. There is 0 use protecting these players. If they are making a joke out of the team, it's right to expose them. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17472074.rovers-boss-tony-mowbray-reacts-to-rotherham-united-defeat/

“Yet a long throw in to our box is headed in to our net, a simple cross is headed in to our net, a goalkeeper, wow, two pathetic kicks and the ball is in the air in his six yard box yet he’s practically in the net rather than coming to catch it.

The only question left is are they going to have any shame collecting their paychecks this week?

Edited by Mr. E

In fairness, Mowbray has given these players every opportunity to prove they can cut it at this level.  Sadly a number of them have found it a step too far in recent weeks.  Two centre-halves will be brought in and rightly so.  Mulgrew and Rodwell may well be nice footballers but defenders who will put their body on the line they are not.  Rotherham's centre-half didn't have the footballing skills of Mulgrew or Rodwell but he headed and kicked everything away when he had to and then went up the other end to head home two goals.  I like Raya but I think it's time he was taken out of the firing line and given a rest.  I thought Dack was poor today - not for the first time - and I suspect his value is dropping by the week.

It will be a big summer for both Mowbray and the club.  

• Like 1

It was bad enough having to sit through that today and to get stuck in roadworks on the M66 but then reading Mowbrays Teflon coated comments has put a tin hat on it. He hasn't signed a commanding centre half despite it being patently obvious to nearly everyone that we desperately needed one, he has persisted with a goalkeeper whose decision making is poor and costs us lots of goals and the most annoying thing is that he is the flaming manager. He is talking like defensive mistakes are something new but we have conceded too many goals since the start of last season and he simply hasn't done anything about it. The buck stops with him, he picks the players, tactics and organises training to prepare for games. If players aren't doing it then drop them. Too many of our players are in the 'undroppable' category and almost know they will be picked whatever. Mowbray spent lots of time today with his trademark head in his hands or berating the fourth official. For a long while at the beginning of the second half it looked like he had thrown the towel in as he sat forlornly in the technical area whilst Venus did the coaching.

Relegation is still a possibility as I honestly can't see where another six points are coming from given the malaise at Ewood and inadequacies of the manager.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

In fairness, Mowbray has given these players every opportunity to prove they can cut it at this level.  Sadly a number of them have found it a step too far in recent weeks.  Two centre-halves will be brought in and rightly so.  Mulgrew and Rodwell may well be nice footballers but defenders who will put their body on the line they are not.  Rotherham's centre-half didn't have the footballing skills of Mulgrew or Rodwell but he headed and kicked everything away when he had to and then went up the other end to head home two goals.  I like Raya but I think it's time he was taken out of the firing line and given a rest.  I thought Dack was poor today - not for the first time - and I suspect his value is dropping by the week.

18 points from 19 games now Parson, it's not like it's a bit of a blip and I find it a little odd you're targeting individual players.

So in your view it's all the players' fault and no blame attaches to the manager?

• Like 3

Tough one to take this. Expected a response from Rovers today, but that never showed up. We did fight back only for us to collapse once again. I did read fair amount of comments within the forum, and a fair amount of folks have expressed their opinions on Mowbray. I too an upset, however I feel he needs more time. He gave the "league 1" lads a shot at the Championship, and it seems they are not up to speed. I am interested to see what happens (If anything) in the next transfer window, to see if he can add some ready made championship quality to the team, and kick on. Trouble is, we need to get those last few points to remain in this division to give that theory a go. Lets see what transpires in the next couple of matches. 

2 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

Lets see what transpires in the next couple of matches. 

I'll tell you what will transpire in the next couple of matches. We'll get thrashed by PNE and Wigan at home and all because of the ineptitude of our manager. That's what will transpire.

35 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

The defensive situation should have been dealt with in January and we don’t have any alternative to Raya because our number two was recruited because it allowed us to postpone games during the international break last season.

Downing should have stayed and Wharton groomed for the first team. Plus, what on Earth has happened with Reed.

This group have had too long already to prove themselves and not recruiting well in the last two windows means a huge overhaul is now required in the Summer. Then they’ll need half a season to gel!

We are behind were we should be and we are now hoping to stay up rather than building on last season’s momentum. On and off the field.

• Like 8

First time in a while i did not fully aplaud the team off today ,i felt defalted and just couldn't find anything positive  from the game  apart from Rothwells creativity and speed..

Lot's  already been said about our back four at the moment ,just not getting to grips with it at all..One thing i have noticed today and i am saying it from a personal level from playing the game ,in my opinion the managers negativity apears to be affecting the players..

I for one am getting tired of the “chance to prove themselves at a higher level” mantra. The combined age of Mulgrew, Graham and Conway is over 100 and they, along with Williams, Lenihan and Evans were stalwarts in a team that got relegated from this higher level.

So how are Raya, Nyambe, Smallwood, Bell, Dack, Travis and Armstrong doing at this higher level? Only Dack and Travis for me, and maybe Nyambe and Armstrong will get there.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I got one am getting tired of the “chance to prove themselves at a higher level” mantra. The combined age of Mulgrew, Graham and Conway is over 100 and they, along with Williams, Lenihan and Evans were stalwarts in a team that got relegated from this higher level.

So how are Raya, Nyambe, Bell, Dack, Travis and Armstrong doing at this higher level? Only Dack and Travis for me, and maybe Nyambe and Armstrong will get there.

And all the players in bold got new deals or extensions to their current deals John. And I'd wager every new or extended contract combined ate into a chunk of Mowbrays budget.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

And all the players in bold got new deals or extensions to their current deals John. And I'd wager every new or extended contract combined ate into a chunk of Mowbrays budget.

He’s shown them a lot of loyalty Tony, and got very little back for it. I suppose our only hope is we can get some kind of fee for them, but not from anyone who watched the last few games. Eight shipped against Reading and Rotherham!

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

A couple of questions Parson. What would you say is our playing style and would you say there has been an improvement in it during Mowbray's tenure?

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Depending what division we are in ! 1 point out of the last 18 is relegation form pure and simple.

We are sleep-walking to disaster with every game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

He’s shown them a lot of loyalty Tony, and got very little back for it. I suppose our only hope is we can get some kind of fee for them, but not from anyone who watched the last few games. Eight shipped against Reading and Rotherham!

These last few weeks have given us far more questions than answers and some of Mowbrays interviews are both baffling and worrying. But unless he chucks a few kids in (personally I'd be amazed if he did) then he has very little choice to make any radical changes. It's really worrying and I'm already fearful about next season.

Something has gone rotten in the set up and TM is ultimately accountable for sorting it out or not. Nobody is going to convince me that the same set of players that got him the January MoTM award have suddenly gone to pieces. No, there is something more deeply rooted and divisive going on that is unsettling the team. Paying fans deserve better. All fans need more belief in the players, but that isn't going to come with any more 'couldn't give a toss' performances like the last 6.

Come on Tony, grow a big fat pair of cojones and sort it out!

• Like 1