BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rotherham away

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Fully expect Rotherham to be completely fired up for this one. Big test for Mowbray to make sure our mindset is right. No reason otherwise for not winning this one. 

Rotherham boss Paul Warne"

"They haven't been on their best run recently but they have a couple of players coming back,"

"People might think that, on paper, this is one of the easier fixtures we have left, as opposed to Sheffield United away or Norwich City at home, but it doesn't always work out like that.

"If we don't get a win on Saturday I will be disappointed but if we draw and no-one around us in the table wins then it's a point gained.

"We're really going after the three points because we could pull a couple of teams back towards us a little bit."

Brereton will be nowhere near this game I think but it might be a good opportunity for him to get a goal on the back of his u23 game. Only big change i want to see is Rothwell in but I'd like to see him giving some minutes to youth players. Season over in my view, obviously would like a win but to not lose again will be a bonus. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neal said:

Brereton will be nowhere near this game I think but it might be a good opportunity for him to get a goal on the back of his u23 game. Only big change i want to see is Rothwell in but I'd like to see him giving some minutes to youth players. Season over in my view, obviously would like a win but to not lose again will be a bonus. 

Sheer physicality of Rotherham's team of man mountain's means this is no game for Brereton to build his confidence in. I normally back the lad but the kindest thing today is keep him in the u-23 squad. 

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

Seems like some are worried by 'the mighty' Rotherham.

Some perspective needed.

Might be a tad physical but hey ho, it's football and it's the Championship!

We are playing third from bottom of the league! 

Get Brereton in - what is he, man or mouse PhilipL?  He's been bought to fire us some goals.

Can only see a Rovers' win here.  Backed the win at 15/8 and 3-1 at 22/1.  Fill yer boots and have a bit of fun with the winnings!

So a defeat it is then

On 01/03/2019 at 04:56, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I could be wrong but I think I read that they’re the only football league club not to taste victory in 2019. 

We all know what will happen.

Yup, Rovers'll fix it.

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

Some perspective needed.

Get Brereton in - what is he, man or mouse PhilipL?  He's been bought to fire us some goals.

Can only see a Rovers' win here.  Backed the win at 15/8 and 3-1 at 22/1.  Fill yer boots and have a bit of fun with the winnings!

FFS!

It's very sad but we are unlikely to go down yet so drab and uninspiring I have very little interest in what happens for the rest of the season, it's all about planning for next. 

We should be testing whether the likes of Brereton/Nuttall and Rothwell or any of the Academy Squad look as though they'll be able to come in and make an impact next season. If not we'll obviously have to look elsewhere.

In particular Chapman should be getting game time off the bench and being brought up to speed to start games. I find his situation very strange, he's only a young lad and must be fit enough to manage half an hour off the bench once or twice a week.

23 hours ago, Mercer said:

Some perspective needed.

Just arrived in Rotherham but now tempted to catch the train home ?

I love the optimism, to be fair.

Let's see what transpires..........

• Like 6

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It's very sad but we are unlikely to go down yet so drab and uninspiring I have very little interest in what happens for the rest of the season, it's all about planning for next. 

We should be testing whether the likes of Brereton/Nuttall and Rothwell or any of the Academy Squad look as though they'll be able to come in and make an impact next season. If not we'll obviously have to look elsewhere.

In particular Chapman should be getting game time off the bench and being brought up to speed to start games. I find his situation very strange, he's only a young lad and must be fit enough to manage half an hour off the bench once or twice a week.

I'm sure many share your thoughts RB and maybe it could cross a player's mind if/when deciding on a 50/50 challenge. Hope the commitment is there and we get as high up the table as possible. How strong the demands of TM are may be a telling story. 

Brereton has been tested at first team and it ain't working so leave him in u23's and make him hungry for the shirt. Nuttall should be on the bench ready for Graham if needed. You can't ignore the goals and ability of the 33 year old. I like Rothwell. TM says he needs to learn about positional play but there's no better way place to learn than in the starting 11. Agree with Chapman but I fear for his body strength after the injuries.

I am looking forward to this one. Just looked at the Rotherham fixture list to the end of the season and they are as good as down if they don't win this afternoon. Apart from QPR away every game is against a team currently above us with all the top 8 except Leeds to be played...

37 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

He was definitely going to start that one week he wasn’t available.

Honest.

Yeah, very poor from Mowbray here. 

Just say he wont be having that much of a game time till he improves his movement on the pitch or whatever else there is that Mowbray doesn’t like (his work in defence or too much dribbling etc)  instead of saying that he would have definitely started against Borro if he had been available.. now that just sounds stupid 

Edited by skous18
  • Like 1