BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

Yes.

Need to take a leaf out of Forest and Huddersfield’s book though and try get as many fans as possible next season. Cheaper the tickets the more fans will buy one up until a certain point of course.

Also desperately need to look into match day experience and atmosphere. Plenty of seats down both sides of BBE for a singing section. Works at many grounds around the country, again Huddersfield spring to mind. The pre match music needs changing. There’s no draw for anyone to take their seat before the game. There’s still plenty of people in the concourse until 15-20 mins in and even more not even bought their tickets yet.

Also think away fans should always be in the bottom tier, starting from riverside and filling across. Makes for a better atmosphere even if it’s not our own fans.

What other club would close roughly half of its most popular and vocal home End?:huh:

Open up the whole of the BBE and promote as the singing section...complete with flags,banners the full works.

There is more atmosphere on the Moon than match day Ewood.Will someone at the club please use their imagination and be pro-active with the Home support...FFS!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

What other club would close roughly half of its most popular and vocal home End?:huh:

Open up the whole of the BBE and promote as the singing section...complete with flags,banners the full works.

There is more atmosphere on the Moon than match day Ewood.Will someone at the club please use their imagination and be pro-active with the Home support...FFS!

Spot on. Cheap tickets - and open up the top tier of the BBE. Advertise it as a singing section. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Some people argue that the poor atmosphere is either a myth or a result of numbers in the ground, but I think it is down to a lack of creativity and ideas by those on matchday.

Travelling around the country to various other grounds you see the efforts clubs go to in order to try and generate an atmosphere.

The atmosphere and noise levels at Ewood are non-existent.

Still, they'll be happy because they'll have 7000 PNE fans filling the coffers for a day. Well worth knocking a few off the home gate.

Yes I’ll be renewing as I have done begrudgingly since the Chicken farmers took over.. Ewood has been an empty morgue for years now and I’m not sure what the club could do to get fans back, people say cheaper prices but I don’t think the club will lower prices to a cheap enough level to entice fans back, I also think the reality is that there’s a hell of a lot of Rovers fans who won’t ever commit too coming back on a full time basis, I know and have spoke to a lot of people who have simply fell out of love with the club and spend their Saturdays doing something else.. They might still be chucking the manager a few quid and are putting money in too keeping us a float but the damage the Venkys have done too our club and it’s fanbase will be felt for many years too come, the days of us having 18k home fans on every game at least are long gone. Oxford was a one-off and I imagine a fair percentage of the Rovers fans in attendance haven’t been since.. 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed yesterday that Doncaster Rovers charge £30  a season  ticket for those 17 and under. Splendid way to get them in I thought.

It is only League 1 of course but they are pressing for a play-off place.

In any case the game was more entertaining than what is usually served up at Ewood!

Course I will renew, out of stupid blind loyalty!

Trying to convince my son to go is another thing, and paying 80 quid for a season ticket for a 12 yr old is a tough ask when he won’t go to every game.

The club need to get kids through the door and hook them young - cliche but ‘brand’ loyalty is huge.

and, we might be playing Burnley next season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Season ticket check. Bristol City have announced they've sold 13,000 for next season.

Only another 6 weeks to wait for ours to go on sale.

Then come August the men upstairs can moan about below target sales and dwindling revenues!

The sad get that I am, I like to peruse other club’s twitters and forums, and we are one of the very, very few not to have had them on sale for a substantial period already.

Im afraid it will never change with this dysfunctional set up.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The sad get that I am, I like to peruse other club’s twitters and forums, and we are one of the very, very few not to have had them on sale for a substantial period already.

Im afraid it will never change with this dysfunctional set up.

I do the same. It might be sad but the bigger concern for me is that I genuinely think I put more time and effort into worrying about these sort of things than anyone involved at Rovers does.

You're probably correct, it won't change, but if I find enough time I'm going to put together some data for Waggott's attention the moment he complains about how many season tickets we sell and how we can't compete. 

On 07/03/2019 at 16:25, JHRover said:

Norwich have already sold 21,500 season tickets for next season.

Meanwhile tumbleweed at Ewood as we await a decision/announcement on tickets.

Hardly surprising as they may be in the PL next season. It would be interesting to know how many are new and how many renewals.

I don't see any point in renewing five months before the next season begins. Why give a club money around four months before it's necessary?

It’s financial year end. The last pay packet of 2018/19 tax year and people often have bonuses or extra money or are looking to budget for holidays. If tickets aren’t on sale it’s not beyond the realms for people to use that money on other things.

It’s not about fans wanting to give the club money early, but it should be about the club wanting to maximise sales. We just aren’t on the ball and haven’t been since Venkys compelled John Williams to resign. “Management by quarterly board meeting”.

Or every other club is wrong and we are right - but attendance stats tend to disagree. It’s just one more way the club isn’t helping itself.

• Like 4

Make of this what you will.

I've just been told that the club had planned an "early bird" deal that would have seen season tickets on sale by easter weekend, but because Zebra Finance have just gone bust they have had to abandon them plans and delay it.

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Make of this what you will.

I've just been told that the club had planned an "early bird" deal that would have seen season tickets on sale by easter weekend, but because Zebra Finance have just gone bust they have had to abandon them plans and delay it.

Zebra finance are not only linked to Rovers. It hasn’t stopped anyone else getting them on sale.

Just sounds like more excuses.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Stuart said:

Zebra finance are not only linked to Rovers. It hasn’t stopped anyone else getting them on sale.

Just sounds like more excuses.

A quick Google search of Zebra Finance has shown that it has adversely affected plenty of other clubs, to be fair.

Whilst I do agree with the sentiment of getting season tickets on sale ASAP, it seems like we might need to find a new credit provider.....

Just now, K-Hod said:

A quick Google search of Zebra Finance has shown that it has adversely affected plenty of other clubs, to be fair.

Whilst I do agree with the sentiment of getting season tickets on sale ASAP, it seems like we might need to find a new credit provider.....

It hasn’t affected them putting tickets on sales, it has just affected being able to offer “in house finance”. Nothing stopping people getting their own credit if they need to.

Leeds have their renewal deadline tomorrow! We are nowhere near.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Stuart said:

It hasn’t affected them putting tickets on sales, it has just affected being able to offer “in house finance”. Nothing stopping people getting their own credit if they need to.

Leeds have their renewal deadline tomorrow! We are nowhere near.

All the clubs affected are honouring the agreements of those that have signed up already, but not taking on any new customers on direct debits for the time being. 

I wouldn't bother getting credit for a season ticket, it wouldn't be worth it as it would be such a small loan (in the scheme of things). 

We should be acting more quickly, I agree, but if this Zebra Finance issue is as it's rumoured to be, then we aren't the only ones affected. 

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

All the clubs affected are honouring the agreements of those that have signed up already, but not taking on any new customers on direct debits for the time being. 

I wouldn't bother getting credit for a season ticket, it wouldn't be worth it as it would be such a small loan (in the scheme of things). 

We should be acting more quickly, I agree, but if this Zebra Finance issue is as it's rumoured to be, then we aren't the only ones affected. 

I think we may be at cross purposes.

I’m talking about us not having season tickets on sale at all and using this as an excuse. It absolutely isn’t a valid reason.