BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Please don't moan about the club. It's not like we're a multi-million pound operation like the mighty Accy.

201920-Season-Ticket-Launch-Feature.png

But Accy will only sell X amount so why not copy Rovers and leave it a few more weeks?

Unless they think they could sell more by being proactive?

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting that Accy have introduced a new 'teen ticket' for 12-17 year olds at £79 for the season. Adults frozen at £219. 

I think Rovers already do the 12-17 ages pretty well. It’s the price of adult tickets rocketing over the last few years and the absence of anything 21-25 that is the gap.

On 07/03/2019 at 16:25, JHRover said:

Norwich have already sold 21,500 season tickets for next season.

Meanwhile tumbleweed at Ewood as we await a decision/announcement on tickets.

That number is probably helped by the fact they've a foot in the Premier League already. 

Edit: Post was in March, so I take most of my comment back! Not sure where they were in the league then, but they were certainly in the middle of a hot streak.

Edited by RoverKyle

In regards to our season tickets, I don't think I'll be renewing for next season.

I moved up to Liverpool around 2 years ago and have had a ticket for the last two seasons. As I don't drive I'm heavily reliant on the trains. The only way I can make midweek games is if I rope my partner into coming with me and driving, as the trains don't run late enough to get back. Seems I'll be able to watch these games anyway on the SkySports app.

On top of that there's the usual 4-6 home games a season I just can't make due to conflicting schedules. My average ticket cost this season has worked out more expensive than paying the day before the game with an 1875 membership. That's not been helped by the train strikes throughout the season. 

I'll be back to doing my pre season ticket ritual of studying the fixture list for available games and getting a few more away days in next season.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Please don't moan about the club. It's not like we're a multi-million pound operation like the mighty Accy.

201920-Season-Ticket-Launch-Feature.png

I would love to see this posted on bus stops around Blackburn just to let Waggott know he hasn't got a bloody clue.

Why are they not questioning the Total Commitment of their fans though ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I'd class this as late April now.

Not even a whisper of any info.

I suspect the 'late April' comment from Waggott at the Fans Forum was just a stalling tactic to buy more time. He will know how daft it is to be in this position.

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers - the club that moans about lack of income and small crowds but then makes little to no effort to increase season ticket sales.

I still reckon we'll see the Swansea game come and go and with it the 2018-19 season without anyone being able to commit to a new season ticket. Insane.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I suspect the 'late April' comment from Waggott at the Fans Forum was just a stalling tactic to buy more time. He will know how daft it is to be in this position.

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers - the club that moans about lack of income and small crowds but then makes little to no effort to increase season ticket sales.

I still reckon we'll see the Swansea game come and go and with it the 2018-19 season without anyone being able to commit to a new season ticket. Insane.

Bit harsh. Waggott has gone out of his way to have high walk on prices, increase “special offer” prices, promote Cat A games, add surcharges, and hammer home the requirement for commitment at every opportunity.

If that won’t make the great unwashed fans buy a ST, nothing will.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Club in receivership still manages to get their season tickets out (with 17-21 concession) before us...

77C98B3B-0190-4BC1-8453-93DE8120EAEE.png

The words.... "The club has listened to feedback from supporters" 

Never will that be said by Waggott.

Fixed matchday price as well £20. No walk on tax. Pay on the turnstile. How dare they make it easy for their fans to return to their club.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

They also have flexi tickets for those who cannot commit to get to all the games.... funny I remember a good few on here making such a sensible suggestion.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/tickets/flexi-tickets/

I was reading last week on their ST page which has since been updated but they also get 2 x 10% vouchers for the club shop and 2 x bring a friend for free vouchers.

Fantastic ideas. All been mentioned on here BECAUSE THEY ARE SENSIBLE WHEN YOU HAVE 20 THOUSAND EMPTY SEATS but ignored by the idiots running OUR CLUB.

We await the news from Ewood, due mid April, with baited breath.

• Like 4

That is how you take advantage of a feelgood factor. Can’t blame the club if fans don’t respond to that.

Compare and contrast our position after promotion and the Oxford game. They weren’t even on sale!

• Like 2

Do we not already have a 18-21 season ticket? We did for half season tickets in Jan. I don't think we can hammer the club for things they already do! 

The issue is about affordability and increasing the cheap ticket age to 23 or 25 like Forest do. Bpools 18-21 ST aren't that much cheaper than the full price - £199 versus the full price of £269. Forests are £135 anywhere in the ground for 18-23 age bracket. 

With the acknowledgement by the club at the fans forum that ST numbers for young adults are dropping at Ewood you'd hope we go the Forest way. Those people are the future of the club. Research has shown that 18-25 is the crucial age in determining if someone will carry on following their team. The old adage of getting them hooked as kids and they will be fans for life isn't actually true. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The words.... "The club has listened to feedback from supporters" 

Never will that be said by Waggott.

Fixed matchday price as well £20. No walk on tax. Pay on the turnstile. How dare they make it easy for their fans to return to their club.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

They also have flexi tickets for those who cannot commit to get to all the games.... funny I remember a good few on here making such a sensible suggestion.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/tickets/flexi-tickets/

I was reading last week on their ST page which has since been updated but they also get 2 x 10% vouchers for the club shop and 2 x bring a friend for free vouchers.

Fantastic ideas. All been mentioned on here BECAUSE THEY ARE SENSIBLE WHEN YOU HAVE 20 THOUSAND EMPTY SEATS but ignored by the idiots running OUR CLUB.

We await the news from Ewood, due mid April, with baited breath.

That's the thing. I could almost accept/support/understand the delay in releasing information and getting tickets on sale if the club was going through some sort of lengthy research process to try and understand what they could do to improve things, or were putting together some drastic new pricing or other ideas in an attempt to overhaul the thing and boost numbers.

But we all know now it will be more or less the same as this year. Same categories, same stands, similar prices, no bonuses. 

It gets to the embarrassing stage when Blackpool of all clubs, in receivership, up for sale and starting from the lowest base of all, are now ahead of us in the game.

Does anyone know what Waggott actually does if he isn't setting the budgets, signing players or getting tickets on sale?

Edited by JHRover

I voted "yes" but my exact position would be "yes but I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/matchday experience"!

If I was a floating fan and not a dyed in the wool nutcase who renews come what may, I wouldn't need much persuasion at all not to renew and do something else on matchdays.

When Shaw was here and cardboard Mike also did his stint their remits appeared to be cut costs. Now Waggot is here his remit seems to be increase revenue however you see fit, he has to justify his salary after all.

There's been rumours since Shaw that they've wanted to increase ST prices considerably year on year but its been overruled. Now they have a guy who's hard headed enough to do it regardless so it's the future, get used to it folks this could lead to the excuse they need to shut more of the ground !

However if the price rises went hand in hand with a summer spending spree on players that might nicely balance things a bit......