BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Make of this what you will.

I've just been told that the club had planned an "early bird" deal that would have seen season tickets on sale by easter weekend, but because Zebra Finance have just gone bust they have had to abandon them plans and delay it.

Easter weekend is still late, but zebra having problems should have no bearing on tickets being put on sale 

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

Whether the season tickets go on sale today or in a couple of months what difference will it make? It will be the same 10k of us it’s been for the last 6 years so what’s the issue?

Read some of the posts already made.

Or just ignore them and keep asking the same questions. It’s pretty common on here.

Just now, Stuart said:

Read some of the posts already made.

Or just ignore them and keep asking the same questions. It’s pretty common on here.

I get the club doesn’t help itself at times and if every other club has them on sale then it’s odd we don’t but I honestly think if the club had have come out with some amazing early bird offer it wouldn’t result in a noticeable rise in season ticket sales.. We have lost nearly 10 thousand fans thanks too these clowns and the time too “‘maximise” sales is long gone, no matter what the prices a hell of a lot of our fans have found better things to do on a Saturday and have fell out of love with the club, they might attend the odd game but they aren’t going too commit to a full season no matter the price.. The lad I grew up watching the games at Ewood with up until around 2013 now goes too watch bloody Salford City with his grandad! He’s called Judas in my phone now but he like so many of our fans have fell out of love with the club and would never commit to a full season at Ewood anymore. These twats have ruined our club forever.

• Like 4

Just now, Butty said:

I get the club doesn’t help itself at times and if every other club has them on sale then it’s odd we don’t but I honestly think if the club had have come out with some amazing early bird offer it wouldn’t result in a noticeable rise in season ticket sales.. We have lost nearly 10 thousand fans thanks too these clowns and the time too “‘maximise” sales is long gone, no matter what the prices a hell of a lot of our fans have found better things to do on a Saturday and have fell out of love with the club, they might attend the odd game but they aren’t going too commit to a full season no matter the price.. The lad I grew up watching the games at Ewood with up until around 2013 now goes too watch bloody Salford City with his grandad! He’s called Judas in my phone now but he like so many of our fans have fell out of love with the club and would never commit to a full season at Ewood anymore. These twats have ruined our club forever.

So knowing this, the club needs to be doing everything it can to reverse that trend.

Instead everything being done is in pursuit of putting barriers up.

Along with the smug: “We’re committed, are you?”

Except those “committed” are getting paid!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Butty said:

I wholeheartedly agree that lots of long in the tooth fans won't ever return irrespective of what happens now or in the future. The club should now focus on future generations and initiatives like the free tickets for the Stoke game should be encouraged. As a kid I only really had football as a hobby but now kids don't have to leave their bedrooms to be entertained. Invariably they won't come to us so the club has to go to them and make watching football an experience for them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I wholeheartedly agree that lots of long in the tooth fans won't ever return irrespective of what happens now or in the future. The club should now focus on future generations and initiatives like the free tickets for the Stoke game should be encouraged. As a kid I only really had football as a hobby but now kids don't have to leave their bedrooms to be entertained. Invariably they won't come to us so the club has to go to them and make watching football an experience for them.

Whilst you are right, a lot of that is down to the parents who can’t or won’t help them to get out more. Playing out on the street isn’t what it used to be (for some reason) but kids will grab opportunities to do things like go to football or clubs if they are encouraged to.

3 hours ago, Butty said:

If season tickets were on sale for 1 week only we'd sell less than if they were on sale for 1 month only.

It might not sell many more, if any, but it almost certainly wouldn't reduce sales to have them on sale now rather than leaving it.

By 'noticeable rise' as far as I'm concerned if 10 people buy one now that can't or won't between May and August then it's worth doing.

If anything the pressure here is greater than elsewhere. A club like Norwich, for example,. would have healthy sales irrespective of league or sales periods, and yet nonetheless they get them on sale early rather than sitting back and doing nothing. At Rovers there is so much more competition and a lower base to start from it seems ludicrous that we allow those clubs such a head start.

All in all it comes back to the dysfunctional nature of the club and despite some people's claims or optimism it shows we're still lagging way behind most clubs and I'd argue that is as much a reason why our finances are such a shambles.

We should be going to great lengths to try and get Ewood filled up for next season by reaching out now and providing a proper early bird period to reward loyalty and early buyers. Waiting until the season has finished and people are saving up for their holidays is idiocy.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If season tickets were on sale for 1 week only we'd sell less than if they were on sale for 1 month only.

It might not sell many more, if any, but it almost certainly wouldn't reduce sales to have them on sale now rather than leaving it.

By 'noticeable rise' as far as I'm concerned if 10 people buy one now that can't or won't between May and August then it's worth doing.

If anything the pressure here is greater than elsewhere. A club like Norwich, for example,. would have healthy sales irrespective of league or sales periods, and yet nonetheless they get them on sale early rather than sitting back and doing nothing. At Rovers there is so much more competition and a lower base to start from it seems ludicrous that we allow those clubs such a head start.

All in all it comes back to the dysfunctional nature of the club and despite some people's claims or optimism it shows we're still lagging way behind most clubs and I'd argue that is as much a reason why our finances are such a shambles.

We should be going to great lengths to try and get Ewood filled up for next season by reaching out now and providing a proper early bird period to reward loyalty and early buyers. Waiting until the season has finished and people are saving up for their holidays is idiocy.

But the extremely negative feeling around recent performances isn't much of a sales platform....

What percentage of clubs have season tickets on sale already ?what is the earliest Rovers have ever put tickets on sale ? As an aside I would be very interested in some stats the make up of season ticket holders, such as where they travel from ? How long they have held a ticket ?  The club will of course know all this information.

i have a feeling a large amount will be new supporters I don’t recognise as many on a match day so much any more. 

Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Villa, Forest, Derby, QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Bristol City, Swansea and Stoke have all at the very least released pricing details, most of them have had tickets on sale for some considerable time now.

So we're one of the minority to not, and I'd bet my money there'll be plenty of the others do it before we get round to it. I suppose Bolton have a valid excuse with other things to worry about but also note that many of those above are still in with a chance of promotion and relegation so the old excuse that it hinges upon what division we are in is also nonsense.

For some reason there's a tradition of leaving it until as late as possible at Rovers to prepare for next season - you can apply that to ticketing, merchandise, sponsorship, pre-season games - we're always one of the last to announce anything. Of course it's up to those making the decisions as to when they do it but I don't accept the excuses when they start complaining about poor sales or a lack of income. Do something about it then. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to see Waggotts imaginative pricing structures to attract fans back to the club. 

I see Forest have kept their £135 ST anywhere in the ground for those aged 18-23 (the age bracket that research has shown is around the time young people stop going to football due to cost). That's a club with a far bigger catchment area than us and a ground the same size. 

I'm sure Steve's on it...

• Like 2

I voted yes- I enjoy going to the football on a Saturday and have an excellent view in the Blackburn End. 

I’ve also noticed comments about Norwich and Bristol City already selling a good few for next year. With all due respect, both have far bigger catchment areas than us, and both could be in the Premier League. We’re a small town that’s more than likely going to be in the same league for 19/20. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

JH isn’t saying we should be selling 20,000 season tickets by March, we all know our club’s current limitations.

The point is that putting them on sale in the close season limits selling time and also is a time of year when many potential purchasers have switched off from football, saving for holidays etc.

The fact we couldn’t even get them on sale for Oxford last season (or new kits in the club shop) just shows how behind the curve we continue to be.

• Like 2

Just now, scotchrover said:

I voted yes- I enjoy going to the football on a Saturday and have an excellent view in the Blackburn End. 

I’ve also noticed comments about Norwich and Bristol City already selling a good few for next year. With all due respect, both have far bigger catchment areas than us, and both could be in the Premier League. We’re a small town that’s more than likely going to be in the same league for 19/20. 

It's almost defeatist to say things like that and I hope the decision makers at Ewood don't adopt the same mentality (although it seems they have). I don't believe Rovers have done enough over the recent past to attract new support. The lack of initiatives is worrying and it seems too many executives at Ewood have accepted our ten thousand fans as a fait accompli and want to bleed them instead of getting out onto the coal face.

There have been dozens of suggestions recently some of which might fly but it seems the club are in a comfort zone.

• Like 1

Bang on.

Seemingly the club has accepted we’ll sell 10,000 max whatever. In that case we might as well just put them on sale in the close season and be done with it.

’Nothing more we can do’ was Waggott’s view earlier in the season. A worrying remark when they’ve tried bugger all apart from closing stands and raising prices.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 12:02, pk1875 said:

Easter weekend is still late, but zebra having problems should have no bearing on tickets being put on sale 

I didn't know Zebra had gone bust.  If so, perhaps that may be good news.  People like me may be able to return.  They turned me down for this season, despite having a ST for over 40 years.  I also know four other people who they turned down.  That's eight people (2 tickets each) who may be able to return next season, there must be more like us - depending on how the club decides to sell STs. Fingers crossed........

Thought I’d reply to your match thread post on here  JH. 

Totally agree, If clubs like Villa and Forest, who have a much bigger floating fanbase and far fewer empty seats than us to fill, still think it’s a good idea to offer family and young adult deals, yet a club like us with 18,000 empty seats to fill, don’t, just beggars belief.

I can only pray that the Stoke game initiative is a sign that the penny has finally dropped, but I won’t be holding my breath.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

Anybody who passed Walsalls ground on the M6 yesterday might have noticed a big sign advertising their early bird offer for season tickets. 

I guess if the biggest advertising sign in Europe (as it was at one point and may still be) was next to stadium even Ewood officials would have the foresight to use it. 

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It's been like this for decades though.From ticket sales to merchandise it's been third rate at best.

There is a massive lack of imagination and savvy business acumen at Ewood,we just seem to bumble along.

Well that's certainly nothing new.

Edited by Vinjay17

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Any news on season tickets? 

The usual excuse of not knowing what division we’ll be in can’t be rolled out this year.

They've moved the release date to late September, as releasing them whilst the weather is good might bring slightly larger than usual queues. Might just be on sale 7 or 8 games in to next season.

Police advice.

23 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The usual excuse of not knowing what division we’ll be in can’t be rolled out this year.

'Hoping' to release 'details' later in April was the last update.

Anyone would think given the time it takes that there's some grand unveiling or complex/pioneering pricing scheme coming here. It'll be the same as this season or perhaps another 'small' increase across the board.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Yeah, the prices are going up.