BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

Which many do with the red button coverage and odd other games they can’t make through the season. I imagine a few folk will be thinking on your lines this summer.

Waggott is playing a very dangerous game here and we could well be back to the 8,000 or so ST holders we had under Coil.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

At what price (affordability or principle) would people stop buying a ST and start picking their games?

A £400 ST is the equivalent of 16 games at £25 each. If you miss 7 games then the financial reason for buying a ST disappears. 

I expect Waggott thinks chucking a couple of free games into a ST is a good deal.

But yes, where is the line for the outlay/DD commitment?

Buy X games, get Y free.

At £379 vs £25 walk-on, it’s Buy 15, get 8 free.

I bet he’s thinking more like Buy 18, get 5 free. (£450).

No thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

They could do worse than throw in the early midweek cup games for free if there's a significant hike.

That is the sort of creative marketing needed but for the rules of the competitions preventing it.  

In the Caribou Cup we enter a round later next season because of our league position.

Edited by philipl

Just now, philipl said:

That is the sort of creative marketing needed but for the rules of the competitions preventing it.  

In the Caribou Cup we enter a round later next season because of our league position.

Its been done in the distant past so I presume the rules must've changed ?   I do believe there was a grey area as to how the gate money was split though.

Just now, tomphil said:

Its been done in the distant past so I presume the rules must've changed ?   I do believe there was a grey area as to how the gate money was split though.

Caraboa Cup - 45% to each club and 10% to the cup competition pot after expenses.    Section 20  on the following https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I bet he’s thinking more like Buy 18, get 5 free. (£450).

No thanks.

I bet a lot of people could miss five quite easily due to work/holiday/other commitments. Add on the meaningless dead rubbers …. cold Jan/Feb games that are on the red button anyway … games moved for SKY etc … and it becomes a lot more cost effective to pay for individual matches instead of buying an ST. 

However, If they are bringing in an 18-25 ticket that would be a very positive step forward (as long as it is priced correctly...and not just £50 off full price). I'll be having botox and dying my hair to get in cheap

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Caraboa Cup - 45% to each club and 10% to the cup competition pot after expenses.    Section 20  on the following https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

So the club would have to guarantee say ten or fifteen quid a ticket for all concerned  so it'll cost therefore it'll never happen ?

Would be a nice gesture to regulars and seeing as only 3/4/5k usually turn out early doors it shouldn't be a big deal. 

I bet a lot of people could miss five quite easily due to work/holiday/other commitments. Add on the meaningless dead rubbers …. cold Jan/Feb games that are on the red button anyway … games moved for SKY etc … and it becomes a lot more cost effective to pay for individual matches instead of buying an ST. 

However, If they are bringing in an 18-25 ticket that would be a very positive step forward (as long as it is priced correctly...and not just £50 off full price). I'll be having botox and dying my hair to get in cheap

Sounds like they might be knocking money off the 25yo ticket and adding it onto the normal adult ticket instead.

Luton do a loyalty scheme where if you've had a ST for 5 years you get £50 off and £25 if you've had one for 2 years - on top of the early bird discounts. 

Good idea.

Maybe we need Mowbray and Waggott to swap roles.

We have a warm manager who is loyal too a fault and a cold chief exec who is all about targets and results.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Lots of dyed-in-the-wool Rovers fans have stopped going over the last 10 years for one reason or another. I know a few. Everyone has a tipping point. 

Yep it’s funny how that point is different for everyone, I’m in the minority but I know more that stopped going in the days of the Premier League and Allardyce than in the hell that followed 

https://www.mkdons.com/season-tickets/game-packages-for-under25s/

MK Dons do a 6 game package and a 10 game package aimed at U25's who live away and can only get back for a few games a season. 

Super Six is priced from £5 per month and allows you to choose any SIX home league games to watch during the 2019/20 season.

Terrific Ten is priced from £8 per month and allows you to select any TEN home league games to watch in the 2019/10 campaign.

They also do full U25 tickets for £140 ish. 

They take 12 months direct debits out for tickets and you can just keep the DD set up season after season. There doesn't appear to be a charge for doing it either. 

Over to you Waggott….

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 4

Just now, Tom said:

Cracking idea I like that 

Both great ideas. Lots of students going off to Uni who only get back in the holidays.

I especially like the 12 month Direct Debit idea. I'd miss £400 in one go a lot more than £33 a month. 

It's these common sense ideas that make the way Rovers run the club infuriating. It's all talk about 'building clubs' from Waggott and then doing frig all that is actually practical. 

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/new-finance-provider-confirmed/

Barnsley have just announced financial firm V12 to replace Zebra. 

0% finance on 10 monthly instalments. 

“Following the untimely news regarding Zebra Finance, there has been a real focus ensuring that supporters are given a flexible payment option for the 2019/20 season.

“The deal we could establish at this late stage was 10 monthly payments on 0% interest. To keep costs at a minimum for supporters, all additional fees and charges have been absorbed by the Football Club. ”

In the past, the tried and tested way to shift additional STs was the marquee signing.

Excited and inspired fans buy STs and shirts. FACT

I am not sure how increasing prices to watch Ben run round like a headless chicken in a dead stadium with 20 THOUSAND EMPTY SEATS is a well thought plan.

Perhaps they have a dedicated team in place (young lads sat at the back of the building) who are brainstorming ideas of how to increase attendances.

Total commitment to the Blackburn Rovers supporters.... 

Gaffer, I think we could introduce 4, 6 & 10 game flexi STs for all those fans who can only get to a few games with work or where they live. It would get them into the ground and probably a few would get the bug and buy full STs the following year. At least it's worth a try ?

Stupid idea lad. Carry on like that and you will get demoted to the scouting team.

Ipswich, just relegated as one of the worst teams in history with 4 wins all season, have today announced they have passed the 10,000 mark on season tickets for next year. This after their maligned chairman introduced an incentive scheme where refunds are given when certain milestones are reached on sales.

Anything happening down at Ewood?