BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

Putting to one side the fact they should’ve been on sale for weeks already, there will probably be a few thousand extra walk ons there on Sunday. Especially families.

So, a great chance to have them on sale, a ST pack with every purchase/pick up. Ticket office open before and after the game etc etc. Plus, it’s the last time fans will be in full ‘Rovers mode’ for months.

Don’t know why I’ve even bothered typing that. <_<

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Putting to one side the fact they should’ve been on sale for weeks already, there will probably be a few thousand extra walk ons there on Sunday. Especially families.

So, a great chance to have them on sale, a ST pack with every purchase/pick up. Ticket office open before and after the game etc etc. Plus, it’s the last time fans will be in full ‘Rovers mode’ for months.

Don’t know why I’ve even bothered typing that. <_<

Ive sent numerous emails to people i know at ewood and have been promised theyve been forward to SW. However ive not had a single reply. Always got a reply off John Williams. SW is a classless fool. Williams cared about the fans, him and allardyce were a dream partnership, we had our best crowds since we won the title, on a consistent basis with them two. They both knew how the fans worked and how important they are to the club. Waggot doesnt have a clue, hes just interested in ass licking the owners.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

It's quite simple for me.

Either Waggott is in control of the operation and genuinely thinks leaving it to May to release season ticket prices is a good idea and the way to selling as many as possible - if so I think he's clueless.

The alternative (more likely) scenario is that he cannot do anything until he has prior approval from India to go ahead with it. If this is the case I would question what the point is in him being here and whether Chief Executive is an appropriate job title if he can't even be empowered to sort out ticket prices without needing his bosses to scrutinise and approve beforehand.

Anyway, looking forward to another summer of fools moaning about over-reliance on the owners, heavily losses, FFP rules and all these clubs with more money and bigger support who we're trying to compete with. How about taking a leaf out of their books for starters?

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

Either Waggott is in control of the operation and genuinely thinks leaving it to May to release season ticket prices is a good idea and the way to selling as many as possible - if so I think he's clueless.

The alternative (more likely) scenario is that he cannot do anything until he has prior approval from India to go ahead with it. If this is the case I would question what the point is in him being here and whether Chief Executive is an appropriate job title if he can't even be empowered to sort out ticket prices without needing his bosses to scrutinise and approve beforehand.

Anyway, looking forward to another summer of fools moaning about over-reliance on the owners, heavily losses, FFP rules and all these clubs with more money and bigger support who we're trying to compete with. How about taking a leaf out of their books for starters?

I would imagine it's the whole India trip too. I think until they have an idea of budget for the season, they'll then have an idea about how much they want to generate from ST sales. If they need more, they'll charge more etc..

Seems to make the most sense to me. Not that leaving the India trip until now makes any sense at all.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I do wonder what anyone at Ewood does during the season. On the face of it, nothing gets done until the bloody summit meeting with the Loons with deep pockets. Oh, we've lost another couple of million in the last three weeks, but Tony, to shut you up and go back with a positive message for the diminishing fans, who we couldn't give a flying toss about, that you have a couple of bob to spend. What league are we in next year? Champions League....that'll do.

Absolutely no imaginative thinking whatsoever. A hard core will remain, but they do nothing to encourage returning or new fans. It still remains a very sad situation in Madame's hands.

It really is nothing short of rank incompetence that we are about to enter May without even a sniff of season ticket prices or details. Half arsed approach by half arsed owners and administrators. And then they will wonder why we sell less than this season which we will.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

When is the annual safety report due ?

Perhaps they can only sell season tickets after confirmation that The Riverside has been given the OK for another year.

I've seen some excuses rolled out for the lateness of our sales but this one is up there with the best of them. I don't think there's any evidence at all that there are safety issues with the Riverside, but even if there were there are many, many ways around it.

The uncomfortable truth which some people seem to struggle to face up to is we are still a complete shambles of an operation, and the appointment of a Chief Executive after all these years might make it better for those who go to Fans Forums and Q and A sessions but we're still stuck as we were, lagging way behind rivals when it comes to

Absolutely incredible in this day and age with FFP rules, need to generate our own income and supposedly trying to reduce reliance on the owners that we're months and months behind most other clubs in putting season tickets on sale.

It could perhaps be excused if we had 20,000 who renewed every year regardless and we could rest on our laurels knowing they would buy regardless but when we're down at less than 10,000 and we're meant to be trying to get that number up to Waggott's 'target' then it just isn't good enough.

They couldn't hit the target last summer despite promotion so not sure what they expect this time unless there's going to be some transfer activity that catches the imagination.

The possible price rise might be Waggots way of preparing to cover less sales and keep income the same.

Edited by tomphil

17 hours ago, JHRover said:

Venky's biscuit seller/ Kentaro  link / 50k a year errand boy / Whatever title he has now * is still at the club so should be no need for an India visit or a wait for royal approval by Waggot or Mowbray, sorting that with the family  should be his job.

* just checked and title is - Owners’ Representative/Operations & Management Consultant

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

Waggot said Season Ticket info would be launched 'mid to late April' so he's got about 6 business hours from now.

Will we add to his pile of recent 'failed to deliver so we'll just stay silent and hope it goes away' things at multiple levels, from increased concourse shelving through to the mystery restructure of the senior management team?

It's acceptable to make mistakes but when you make a statement, fail to deliver on it and don't communicate anything it's amateur.

A throbbing symptom of Venky's regime has been broken promises followed by no communication.

Even on the more minor elements the club should be righting wrongs, but looks like they are struggling to learn from many previous lessons.

Stick to your word and be open and honest on matters that directly concern the fans, it'll go a long way.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Waggot said Season Ticket info would be launched 'mid to late April' so he's got about 6 business hours from now.

Will we add to his pile of recent 'failed to deliver so we'll just stay silent and hope it goes away' things at multiple levels, from increased concourse shelving through to the mystery restructure of the senior management team?

It's acceptable to make mistakes but when you make a statement, fail to deliver on it and don't communicate anything it's amateur.

A throbbing symptom of Venky's regime has been broken promises followed by no communication.

Even on the more minor elements the club should be righting wrongs, but looks like they are struggling to learn from many previous lessons.

Stick to your word and be open and honest on matters that directly concern the fans, it'll go a long way.

Nail on head 

It was 9th May last year before they went on sale. Once we'd got the fixtures out of the way including the inconvenience of 26,000 home fans at Ewood. After that we could focus on our pioneering pricing structure and groundbreaking attempts to boost numbers by shoving prices up by 17% and closing a stand.

Expect something similar this summer, so only a fortnight to wait. Might struggle to close any more areas to home fans though.

42 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

As has been said, I don't think there was really any intention to get the ST info out "mid/late April", I imagine it was just a generic answer out of thin air to the FF on that particular night.

I did think that was probably the likely option.

In which case they've told a hopeful lie, they've failed to run off and cobble something together to back it up, so again they've just ignored the situation hoping it'll go away.

Either way, a bizarre approach from somebody coming in to the club 1) stating a focus on improving the communication channels and community interaction at the club and 2) expecting to shift more tickets than previous.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Do you really think the club feels inconvenienced by having a full house? 

In an ideal world they would, of course, love it.

However, we are such a stripped down operation these days it just makes me laugh/cry when they send a press release to the LT pre an 18k crowd talking about 'bumper crowd expected', 'parking problems', etc etc.

Plus netting off whole blocks of stands for 'segregation' etc. etc.

How did we ever cope in the PL?

• Like 5

The usual excuse around this time of year is that they don't know what league we're going to be in, so the STs have to wait.

Funny that this year, we know exactly where we are going to be next year, yet nothing... 

This has gone on year after year. Does anyone actually think that Mowbray or SW stand in front of the Loons and say "guys we would be better getting STs on sale earlier"?

I genuinely don't think it is Venkys  doing this deliberately, its just that they don't know any better, and no-one has had the courage to contradict their ways of doing things.

• Like 1

To be fair we've never ever got ST's out early whether under the Walker Trust or Venky's.

The new kit situation is usually even worse. We're lucky if the new strip is available before the new season kicks off normally, let alone have it in time for the summer hols.

Why this has always been the case I've absolutely no idea when other Clubs seem to manage to get them out early without any problem.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair we've never ever got ST's out early whether under the Walker Trust or Venky's.

The new kit situation is usually even worse. We're lucky if the new strip is available before the new season kicks off normally, let alone have it in time for the summer hols.

Why this has always been the case I've absolutely no idea when other Clubs seem to manage to get them out early without any problem.

Because some clubs want to be proactive and positive whereas others want to be reactive and just go with the flow. We're firmly in the latter.

As you say - if you want to sell more kits you get them on sale earlier, particularly during the warm summer months when people are going off on their holidays and will want to buy. You don't leave it until August when most people have been away and come back and Autumn is rolling in.

If your kit supplier can't or won't provide the new kit earlier then sack them off and take your business to one that will appreciate the importance to the club.

We're ending up retailing our home shirts at £50 a time because our deal with Umbro sees them take home a huge amount per shirt, meaning we have to put the price up to this to make anything ourselves. Then we end up with a load of surplus stock in April that has to be sold off at £15 a unit.

Season tickets - the whole point of an early bird window appears to be lost here. You try to get people to cough up and commit as early as possible so they're tied in. Particularly if you're playing well and have some momentum and people enjoy what they're watching.

Once again most other clubs appear to recognise this basic concept and sales windows are getting earlier and earlier. Some are putting them out as early as January. What harm is there to the club in doing this? If nothing else it will save work for the staff in July as the more that get paid up in April the less needs processing later on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

We're ending up retailing our home shirts at £50 a time because our deal with Umbro sees them take home a huge amount per shirt, meaning we have to put the price up to this to make anything ourselves. Then we end up with a load of surplus stock in April that has to be sold off at £15 a unit.

Most of the "Name" brands operate that way , thats why they pay a lump sum up front to the club either at the start of the contract or at the start of each season of the contract and then the club get 8 -15% of the sale price of each shirt with the manufacturer keeping the rest. I would be very surprised if it was Rovers who set the pricing

B1RYlPoL_bigger.jpg
It's been a real pleasure working with Blackburn Rovers recently. We can't wait to show you the film we've made for their new season ticket launch campaign! Here's a still from the film that'll be released soon #blackburnrovers #promotional #film #lancashire #rovers
  • Like 1

According to Waggott the season ticket target is 10,000.

Which is pretty much where we are now anyway with half season ticket sales. 

Not much ambition there, so I assume that will be because there’s a hefty price rise incoming and they are happy to just tread water.