BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Up until last night I’d have voted “not until Venky’s go” but the consultation meeting has changed things.

I feel that, for the first time in a long time, there are people within the club willing to listen to and consider supporters interests and ideas. Steve Waggott has given me some hope that things are moving in the right direction, and that he is capable of managing things effectively. I think he will continue to do what he can to bridge the disconnect and re-engage supporters.

I still despise Venky’s, but they have created a situation where we are dependent on their subsidising us to remain competitive, let alone to have a hope of promotion, and it seems this will be the case for the foreseeable. 

I still ticked undecided because I want to see some of the talk become reality - I’ll be really disappointed if their isn’t a decent level of investment in the defence (I expect Mowbray would be to), and I think failure to do this would confirm some long held suspicions I have that were categorically denied last night.

I have felt for some time that I’ve been cutting off my nose to spite my face by continuing my boycott. I’ve been to games on a free ticket and realised how much I’ve missed it. While we are stuck with Venky’s I’d prefer them to remain in the background, I don’t want to see them at Ewood (I realise that some people do, but don’t understand why), I don’t even like their logo plastered all over advertising hoardings, but I can cope with it due to the fact that I feel as though there is someone decent and competent running things day to day, who appears to be allowed to do so. So all being well, I’ll be getting a season ticket.

Fair play.

I do find Waggott frustrating as I don't think he quite grasps Blackburn Rovers, we're a different animal to those he's been involved with previously. But that's something that he will learn and understand from experience with us. There's no doubt he's a committed bloke that wants to do a good job for the club.

Ultimately our financial and positional plight was caused by Venky's. However (without digging up old debate) we all know they were very naive in the beginning, and caused a spiral of significantly large problems due to trusting the wrong people and so on.

Due to that, and it did take them a while, they do seem to have learned from mistakes in many areas. I think they've shown they're now committed to Rovers without the unwise stupidity. They've put a lot of their money in to the club, and recently have gone beyond financing us just for the maintenance - sure nobody would disagree that for a side straight out of league one, we had a very good budget and didn't have to sell any players. On top of that, they've made some sensible moves and appointments and although we are a long way off other clubs, we are getting closer to being a functional football club, and less of a circus. I'm not saying I suddenly trust and the owners, nor am I forgetting what they caused. They hold the ultimate responsibility for the decline of my football club, but things look much better at the moment due to the way they are going about their business.

As you say, there's genuine commitment at the club. The staff/players at all levels seem to be pulling in the same direction without any ill-motives, so anybody still in doubt about whether to get a Season Ticket due to the current people within the club should at least give it a second thought, in my opinion.

• Like 5

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/may/our-pride-our-passion-our-rovers/

Prices frozen.

Only innovation:

New for the 2019-20 season, the club have extended the previous young adult age-band to include all supporters aged 18-25. Not only that, all prices in this category have been REDUCED, with tickets available from only £149 - that’s less than £6.50 per game!

These years can be particularly challenging financially and the club want to help as many as possible commit to a Season Ticket and continue the habit of enjoying home games – a habit formed through childhood.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1. Our Pride, Our Passion, Our Rovers! ⚽️#Rovers 2019/20 Season Tickets On Sale Now ?️?http://eticketing.co.uk/onerovers 

1 reply6 retweets18 likes

Retweeted

Direct message

Supporters aged 65 and over can see all the action from just £199, whilst Junior prices remain fantastic value, with Under-18 tickets starting from only £90 and Under-12s just £60, Under-8s once again go FREE in the Family Stand with a paying Adult/Senior.

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

New for the 2019-20 season, the club have extended the previous young adult age-band to include all supporters aged 18-25. Not only that, all prices in this category have been REDUCED, with tickets available from only £149 - less than £6.50 per game!

• Like 1

A price freeze is a welcome suprise, i was convinced they were going to put £50 on it again.

18-25 is another great move so that has to be applauded even though every other bugger does it.

Was really hoping a proper singing section might have been introduced but i suppose that was asking a bit too much.

Better than expected is what i'd say.

• Backroom
On 27/04/2019 at 23:11, Madon said:

The prices for ST's next season are going up.  Heard they're introducing 18 - 25 though. 

Half callled it. ?

Credit to the club for freezing the prices!

Edited by Madon
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Good work, it’s almost like they’ve been listening ?.

For real though, looking forward to signing up and seeing the first direct debit exit my account. 

Roll on August!

• Like 2

Hopefully with a positive start the summer in terms of transfers the fans respond by beating last season's sales. Get through the 10,000 mark would be a nice start.

Good that they've kept prices frozen (though would have been daft to put them up) and good they've focused on the key 18-25 group.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/may/our-pride-our-passion-our-rovers/

Prices frozen.

Only innovation:

New for the 2019-20 season, the club have extended the previous young adult age-band to include all supporters aged 18-25. Not only that, all prices in this category have been REDUCED, with tickets available from only £149 - that’s less than £6.50 per game!

These years can be particularly challenging financially and the club want to help as many as possible commit to a Season Ticket and continue the habit of enjoying home games – a habit formed through childhood.

Not quite. Prices are frozen at the 2018/19 early bird rate and not the uplifted price.

He has finally listened. First time in a long time that there has been actions rather than words.

Well done Waggott. Maybe there is hope after all...

Count me IN. ?

• Like 3

Can’t argue with that, prices aren’t bad at all.

After focusing on younger kids the last few years, it’s good to see we’ve now also targeted the 18-25 market, good to see some long-term thinking strategy developing around the club.

Think this puts us half-way to shifting some more tickets next season. As has been said, the real difference maker will be summer transfer business. Get a couple of exciting things done early on and we’ll be ahead of target with a real buzz around the club.

Echo the call for a singing section - that’s a trick missed in terms of a much needed improvement to the atmosphere which is a big draw to attending Ewood in itself, maybe we’ll see something introduced next year.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Great that they’ve frozen at last years early bird prices rather than the increased one, couldn’t ask for more 

• Like 1

I hope the club has listened/read what fans have said about season tickets and prices. Now hopefully there is a real marketing of these all over the county. New signings will help so I really hope we have some in place before the deadline for anybody who might be wavering.

What deadline? There doesn’t appear to be any deadline in terms of prices, except for a mention of more Club Cash for anyone buying sooner rather than later. There is a deadline of 1st July for existing ST holders to retain their current seat but no mention of a deadline for these prices.

Whilst the prices had to be as they are, why on earth, as the DE remains out of bounds, do they not open the top tier of the BE, for example, and create a proper home end.....and encourage the 18-25's to go in there. As has been said, provide proper beer, incentives for getting there early. 

Waggott knew about the announcement today, yet kept it under wraps at the meeting so he couldn't be asked about it. I still have my doubts, but today was a done deal, even when he talked at the meeting. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Whilst the prices had to be as they are, why on earth, as the DE remains out of bounds, do they not open the top tier of the BE, for example, and create a proper home end.....and encourage the 18-25's to go in there. As has been said, provide proper beer, incentives for getting there early. 

Waggott knew about the announcement today, yet kept it under wraps at the meeting so he couldn't be asked about it. I still have my doubts, but today was a done deal, even when he talked at the meeting. 

You know why, hes a sly prIck and a venky ass licker. Said this time and time again, why would waggott announce it when he was embarrased about the details of it? Its a shit offer if they want to get fans back (which is what the majority of his feedback asked for). He cant deliver it, simple as. Huddersfield and forest did, rovers couldnt because they are so inept its unreal.

The main market isnt 18-25 thats garbage, if youre at that age and dont come then you arent that bothered after coming out of childhood. The key is kids in school simple as.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not quite. Prices are frozen at the 2018/19 early bird rate and not the uplifted price.

He has finally listened. First time in a long time that there has been actions rather than words.

Well done Waggott. Maybe there is hope after all...

Count me IN. ?

Me too! This part is also welcomed;

New for the 2019-20 season, the club have extended the previous young adult age-band to include all supporters aged 18-25. Not only that, all prices in this category have been REDUCED, with tickets available from only £149 - that’s less than £6.50 per game!”

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

So all being well, I’ll be getting a season ticket.

Love it! Hoping to see as many people as possible!

I know not many will see it this way and that's perfectly understandable but from a business point of view he's played it right. Rise it last year on the back of promotion which gave them a valid excuse and solid finish this year allows them to freeze it. They'll be hoping the new age bracket prices increase or at least balance out on this years numbers but they'll know rising them again was a no goer.

Maybe a bit of forward thinking there and a clever little plan though obviously not a massive gesture but end of the day he's a CEO doing what CEO's do.  Not saying it's the way I would've gone but he's no duck egg I don't think.  I'd like to think there'd be some real big offer sometime in the future to really drive numbers up again but it'll work better if it goes hand in hand with continued progression on the pitch.

Timing is crucial.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5