BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Up until last night I’d have voted “not until Venky’s go” but the consultation meeting has changed things.

I feel that, for the first time in a long time, there are people within the club willing to listen to and consider supporters interests and ideas. Steve Waggott has given me some hope that things are moving in the right direction, and that he is capable of managing things effectively. I think he will continue to do what he can to bridge the disconnect and re-engage supporters.

I still despise Venky’s, but they have created a situation where we are dependent on their subsidising us to remain competitive, let alone to have a hope of promotion, and it seems this will be the case for the foreseeable. 

I still ticked undecided because I want to see some of the talk become reality - I’ll be really disappointed if their isn’t a decent level of investment in the defence (I expect Mowbray would be to), and I think failure to do this would confirm some long held suspicions I have that were categorically denied last night.

I have felt for some time that I’ve been cutting off my nose to spite my face by continuing my boycott. I’ve been to games on a free ticket and realised how much I’ve missed it. While we are stuck with Venky’s I’d prefer them to remain in the background, I don’t want to see them at Ewood (I realise that some people do, but don’t understand why), I don’t even like their logo plastered all over advertising hoardings, but I can cope with it due to the fact that I feel as though there is someone decent and competent running things day to day, who appears to be allowed to do so. So all being well, I’ll be getting a season ticket.

I do get your point and I know this is a personal decision.

For what it is worth, I decided it is not about martyring myself, but about the actual difference a boycott makes at a given time.

I judged there was little point to a boycott last year and so I got a half season ticket.....and I am glad I witnessed the promotion.

However, even at Doncaster, I was mindful that we were celebrating a return to the very level that had sent us into angry despair back in 2012...

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Good work, it’s almost like they’ve been listening ?.

For real though, looking forward to signing up and seeing the first direct debit exit my account. 

Roll on August!

I think the attendances spoke for themselves KHod.

So a 25 year old bloke buying his first season ticket can sit in the next seat to me when I’ve had one for years and pay just over half of what I will pay? 

Hmmm seems fair....

Not. 

Edited by old darwen blue

10 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Does Waggot tax still exist for match day ticket purchase?

He explained at the forum that it is there to encourage earlier ticket buying so they can plan catering inventory and staff numbers more accurately.

13 minutes ago, philipl said:

He explained at the forum that it is there to encourage earlier ticket buying so they can plan catering inventory and staff numbers more accurately.

He also said it hasn’t stopped people coming down on the day, so just a rip off of those folk. Our gates hardly vary week to week so it can’t be rocket science to estimate it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

We had one in the DARWEN END but got kicked out and split up. 

but it never really took off. I used to go in there, I did not find it a big problem to transfer to the Blackburn end. If you want your own section just gather in one area and claim it for yourselves ( I would still suggest on the Blackburn end would be best). Try to get some competition going between other areas. That is how home atmosphere is usually created.  

It’s difficult because a lot of the folk who were in the Darwen End were not acquainted with each other so the stand closed and that was that, some went to the Jack Walker, some to the Blackburn End.

The club could help with the organisation, just like at dozens of other clubs that now have a designated singing section.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

So a 25 year old bloke buying his first season ticket can sit in the next seat to me when I’ve had one for years and pay just over half of what I will pay? 

Hmmm seems fair....

Not. 

This initiative is clearly aimed at retaining the patronage of young people & to soften the transition from kids prices. The same argument in reverse could be levelled when that bloke is paying full price & you have a discounted senior citizen ticket.

There is no pricing structure that pleases everyone. If season tickets were £50 each we’d then have people complaining that we have to sell all our players to pay the bills.

• Like 3

With 20,000 empty seats I’d just say anyone under 18 gets in free. Try and lock down future support. 

Gate receipts are almost irrelevant to running a club 10,000 season tickets at £300 is 3 million it’s a drop in the bucket. Might just about pay the wages of one player for all our contributions through the turnstile over the season. The revenue come from tv, sponsors and sadly presumably the bank of India. 

Hell let everyone in free for a season we probably deserve it. 

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

With 20,000 empty seats I’d just say anyone under 18 gets in free. Try and lock down future support. 

Gate receipts are almost irrelevant to running a club 10,000 season tickets at £300 is 3 million it’s a drop in the bucket. Might just about pay the wages of one player for all our contributions through the turnstile over the season. The revenue come from tv, sponsors and sadly presumably the bank of India. 

Trouble with that is clubs have to generate a portion of their own income for the crackpot FFP rules and that wipes out about a third of what Rovers generate themselves before the BOI or VH group subsidies.

It's a tightrope.

Just now, tomphil said:

Trouble with that is clubs have to generate a portion of their own income for the crackpot FFP rules and that wipes out about a third of what Rovers generate themselves before the BOI or VH group subsidies.

It's a tightrope.

I hope they certainly repeat the stunt with the kids again maybe 4 times in the coming season.

They could aim to reopen the top tier of the BBE by Xmas with a proper plan. No point unless it's filled with additional fans (not sucked from other parts of the ground).

Great Video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

That’s what I thought, but Waggott have some interesting figures on match day revenue. Don’t want to quote wrong numbers, but I’m sure it will be on the radio lancs broadcast. It was a lot more significant than you’d think.

4 hours ago, philipl said:

So it is also to discourage people from turning up on the day to buy tickets.....absolute bonkers,we are in no position to do that with on average 15,000 empty seats.

The decision to hold prices should be applauded,fair play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

This initiative is clearly aimed at retaining the patronage of young people & to soften the transition from kids prices. The same argument in reverse could be levelled when that bloke is paying full price & you have a discounted senior citizen ticket.

There is no pricing structure that pleases everyone. If season tickets were £50 each we’d then have people complaining that we have to sell all our players to pay the bills.

You cheeky f*cker, I haven’t got a discounted senior citizen ticket I pay full price.,

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

You cheeky f*cker, I haven’t got a discounted senior citizen ticket I pay full price.,

It was a theoretical example as was yours.  I presume you aspire to live to a healthy, fulfilling & ripe old age ? 

20 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Hmmm seems fair....

Not. 

Absolutely. 

There should be a concession for young adults in full time education. Otherwise there's absolutely no reason why an adult already in  full time employment should pay any less than the next person.  For people out of work it's a slightly greyer area for the Club  as you don't necessarily want to be perceived  to be rewarding people for not working.

If  have to bribe someone of adult age to come down with artificially low prices then all that will happen when the prices go up again is they'll stop going. 

Otherwise well done to the Club for freezing prices. As always price is no excuse for not going down imo whatever you may think of the quality od the fare on offer.

• Like 1

It’s a massive jump from £90 to £319...FWIW I think we should encourage the club to price more creatively. I suspect the research undertaken last season has informed this decision & IMHO its worth a try to see if it retains interest & grows numbers in that demographic. 

As a fan base we do seem to be prone to criticise the club for having little imagination regarding new initiatives & only ever get behind those that specifically benefit us personally. Rovers need to grow the next generation of supporters & this initiative is clearly an attempt to try something new.

I would like to see them build in some kind of a loyalty reward that grows with the number of consecutive seasons a S/T is held - if this were to apply to all full price S/T holders this might sweeten the deal all round.

8 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

It was a theoretical example as was yours.  I presume you aspire to live to a healthy, fulfilling & ripe old age ? 

Go on then I’ll bite. 

Why not give that age bracket free season tickets for a year and see if they buy one at full price the following year? I think we both know the answer to that. 

Oh and in reference to your second sarcastic comment do I detect a resentment that senior citizens get cheaper tickets??

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

It’s a massive jump from £90 to £319...FWIW I think we should encourage the club to price more creatively. I suspect the research undertaken last season has informed this decision & IMHO its worth a try to see if it retains interest & grows numbers in that demographic. 

As a fan base we do seem to be prone to criticise the club for having little imagination regarding new initiatives & only ever get behind those that specifically benefit us personally. Rovers need to grow the next generation of supporters & this initiative is clearly an attempt to try something new.

I would like to see them build in some kind of a loyalty reward that grows with the number of consecutive seasons a S/T is held - if this were to apply to all full price S/T holders this might sweeten the deal all round.

Now your talking sense

Just now, old darwen blue said:

Go on then I’ll bite. 

Why not give that age bracket free season tickets for a year and see if they buy one at full price the following year? I think we both know the answer to that. 

Oh and in reference to your second sarcastic comment do I detect a resentment that senior citizens get cheaper tickets??

ODB we seem to have got off on the wrong foot here...you originally raised a theoretical example & I responded with a similar theoretical example where the age profiles were reversed. FWW I’m much closer to being an OAP than a beneficiary of a 25 y/o ticket...sadly...for many reasons ?

i was not intending in ANY way to be sarcastic so I’m sorry if it came across that way...??

• Like 1