BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Looking forward to Mogga’s. Need to free up an hour...

’You walk up the steps, you see the floodlights, you smell the fried onions, you notice the green grass...’

:lol:

Well that's interesting Steve because according to the Fans Forum minutes from last September we sold 9,461. 

We then added more half STs and sold a total of 10, 096 (according to January Fans Forum)

I presumed therefore that our target this season would be north of that, 11k or so. 

Seems like he has now come out with a smaller figure sold (8,750) and our target is less than last season's total, some ambition!

'SW stated that season tickets had been taken off sale after the Aston Villa game and that sales stood at 9,641. This was below the club’s stretch target of 10,500, although that target included half season ticket sales (typically around 300-400).'

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-17.9.18.pdf

'Half day season tickets had now gone off sale. 399 had been sold, making a total of 10.096 season tickets.'

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/d47edf0f19cd47dea3a73e898f8da69c/ff-minutes-7.1.19.pdf

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well that's interesting Steve because according to the Fans Forum minutes from last September we sold 9,461. 

We then added a few hundred half STs to be around the 10,000 by January.

I presumed therefore that our target this season would be north of that, 11k or so. 

Seems like he has now come out with a smaller figure sold (8,750) and kept the target at 10k? Most odd

'SW stated that season tickets had been taken off sale after the Aston Villa game and that sales stood at 9,641. This was below the club’s stretch target of 10,500, although that target included half season ticket sales (typically around 300-400).'

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-17.9.18.pdf

Just more moving of the goalposts. Same with transfer window targets and expectations. To have sold half of what Blackpool have and a seventh of what relegated to League Two Bradford have so far is awful. Obviously we will see more sold as the summer rolls on but i can't for the life of me see why Rovers or the owners prefer it this way than having your core paid and signed up already. 

On 03/06/2019 at 11:24, JHRover said:

Just more moving of the goalposts. Same with transfer window targets and expectations. To have sold half of what Blackpool have and a seventh of what relegated to League Two Bradford have so far is awful. Obviously we will see more sold as the summer rolls on but i can't for the life of me see why Rovers or the owners prefer it this way than having your core paid and signed up already. 

What's the rush though..

Isn't it better for the pocket of the punter to have an extended period of payment?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Toying with it. Back in the north after a few years working away! Only issue is midweek games as I usually have meetings in Birmingham at our head office. 

I think they’re a bit steep price wise but think il be going for it this year! At 20 a game roughly what enjoyment can you get for that these days? The zoo cost me 48 quid last weekend!

• Like 2

Rich Sharpe is regurgitating Waggott’s line for a second article that we only sold 8,750 season tickets last season.

Even though on Twitter Sharpe said he would be asking him why he was saying we had sold 10,000+ a few months ago.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17694740.finances-show-importance-of-season-ticket-sales-to-rovers/

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Rich Sharpe is regurgitating Waggott’s line for a second article that we only sold 8,750 season tickets last season.

Even though on Twitter Sharpe said he would be asking him why he was saying we had sold 10,000+ a few months ago.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17694740.finances-show-importance-of-season-ticket-sales-to-rovers/

Waggott lied about the number of ST's sold last season?

Classic Bullshit Brothers.

Mowbray is confident Dack is staying in his most recent interview but he was saying things like 'if we have to sell Bradley Dack' to the Indian media the week before. It's the contradictions like this which alarm me.

Just now, arbitro said:

Mowbray is confident Dack is staying in his most recent interview but he was saying things like 'if we have to sell Bradley Dack' to the Indian media the week before. It's the contradictions like this which alarm me.

My interpretation of that and other interviews with Mowbray is that his aim is to set up this European scouting network so that at the end of next season if we cash in on Dack, then we are in a position to reinvest that money. Doesn't look like we will see the benefit of the new scouting model until January at the earliest.

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

My interpretation of that and other interviews with Mowbray is that his aim is to set up this European scouting network so that at the end of next season if we cash in on Dack, then we are in a position to reinvest that money. Doesn't look like we will see the benefit of the new scouting model until January at the earliest.

A few problems with that plan though. First off Mowbray might not be manager next summer if performance isn't acceptable this season. If he is here then he'll be preparing for his 4th full season which is above the usual lifespan of a Championship manager yet his scouting network will only just be delivering results. What if his successor wants to do it differently?

Then it hinges on Venkys reinvesting all the proceeds of a hypothetical Dack sale which I think is unlikely given past behaviour.

Then it comes down to our scouting doing what the other 23 Championship clubs aren't already doing. To do that we would either need to be going beyond what others are already doing or be extremely good at what we do. 

Mowbray sold us a 3 or 4 transfer window strategy to build a good side capable of challenging. We're now in window 3 since promotion and are being linked with Stuart Downing and keeping Ben Gladwin. Not exactly impressive. Hopefully there's better to come. But I do find it funny that there's now talk of European signings next season when that will be window 5. Always tomorrow, never today with this lot. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A few problems with that plan though. First off Mowbray might not be manager next summer if performance isn't acceptable this season. If he is here then he'll be preparing for his 4th full season which is above the usual lifespan of a Championship manager yet his scouting network will only just be delivering results. What if his successor wants to do it differently?

Then it hinges on Venkys reinvesting all the proceeds of a hypothetical Dack sale which I think is unlikely given past behaviour.

Then it comes down to our scouting doing what the other 23 Championship clubs aren't already doing. To do that we would either need to be going beyond what others are already doing or be extremely good at what we do. 

Mowbray sold us a 3 or 4 transfer window strategy to build a good side capable of challenging. We're now in window 3 since promotion and are being linked with Stuart Downing and keeping Ben Gladwin. Not exactly impressive. Hopefully there's better to come. But I do find it funny that there's now talk of European signings next season when that will be window 5. Always tomorrow, never today with this lot. 

Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday,
But never, ever jam today.
I said, jam tomorrow, jam yesterday,

You can wish as you want,
You can want as you wish.
Still you'd better hear me say:
Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I doubt its just Mowbray that is keen to implement this, it'll be Waggott too that approves this strategy. I'm pleased that somebody is actually considering a medium term plan for the club, although like you say it's always a risk for Mowbray.

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

My interpretation is that Mowbray is covering all his bases because he hasn't said definitely either way. That's what worries me.

• Like 2

On 10/06/2019 at 09:47, JHRover said:

More massaging of the figures to suit the agenda. Last season it suited him to claim the higher figure whereas now with a pitiful 2500 sold it suits to set the bar lower and achieve higher.

Possibly if people got on with renewing their STs the figures would look a touch better?

Did ours weeks ago.