BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

Just now, Paul said:

Possibly if people got on with renewing their STs the figures would look a touch better?

Did ours weeks ago.

Possibly if the club treated sales with more urgency and got them on sale at the same time as most other clubs more people would have bought by now? e.g. whilst people are going to Ewood during the season rather than saving up for their summer holidays with other things to think about than Rovers.

I'll buy when I'm ready to. No question I'll renew and I'll need to do it at some point this month to secure my seats. Not the same for other people though.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Possibly if the club treated sales with more urgency and got them on sale at the same time as most other clubs more people would have bought by now? e.g. whilst people are going to Ewood during the season rather than saving up for their summer holidays with other things to think about than Rovers.

I'll buy when I'm ready to. No question I'll renew and I'll need to do it at some point this month to secure my seats. Not the same for other people though.[\B]

Perhaps the rest of the support feels the same way. In which case when STs go on sale makes no difference.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Just now, Paul said:

Perhaps the rest of the support feels the same way. In which case when STs go on sale makes no difference.

In the past they have had an early bird offer which made the tickets cheaper for an earlier purchase. For whatever reason they haven't put in any beneficial deadlines this season apart from claiming your seat. 

I'm not sure of the reasons for this but why would anybody pay money so far ahead when they don't need to. I have mine but certainly wouldn't criticise anybody who is waiting until the last minute.

For the existing 8,000 to 10,000 that have renewed regardless since relegation it doesn’t particularly matter when they go on sale or how they are marketed. We renew anyway out of loyalty/habit/duty whatever.

But surely we should be looking further than just re-signing up the core every year? 

And I am not expecting PL sales, just a little imagination/drive to attract just an incremental rise.

By the way that incremental rise isn’t legit if the club simply ignores their own published sales of 10,000+ for last season and pretends we sold 8,500, so they can spin even a decrease this summer as a success...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Possibly if people got on with renewing their STs the figures would look a touch better?

Did ours weeks ago.

What do you want a medal?

Were waiting until after July 1st as were moving  from JWL to Riverside. 

Edited by old darwen blue

If you want to keep your seat you obviously have to renew earlier but if you don't and possibly, unless yours is a very popular area, even if you do, there's no real rush. Pay for your holiday first and then get the ST. Waiting doesn't make you less of a fan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I received a season ticket leaflet in the post yesterday .

Any non/lapsed  ST holders had one?

One arrived for my eldest son. He's renewing anyway just hasn't got round to it. My guess is this is just a shotgun mail shot and not targeted at all.

Edited by Paul

Approaching 4,000 sold. 

At least Sharpe isn’t still pedalling the Waggott lie that we only sold 8,500 last season.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17716831.rovers-season-ticket-update-as-june-deadline-approaches/

Without a like for like you can’t really judge sales at this point. 

Be interesting to see what they are after the claim the seat deadline...

Edited by Mattyblue

It depends. They don’t normally release sales figures week by week like they are doing this time.

Do sales always start low and then a shed load of folk renew just before claim your seat deadline? Possibly how it always occurs here. Especially this season as there is no early bird period and then the price hike, so even less need to rush to renew.

Or they could be down like for like and we are looking at sales akin to the Coyle season as we are a fair way away from 10,000 sales with 6 weeks to the season.

But we’ve no idea without that comparison to previous years.

Edited by Mattyblue

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Less than Blackpool have sold to date. Obviously the final sales figure is the important one but surely we are concerned/embarrassed by that and those sales to date?

Blackpool will have had a surge due to change of ownership and it can't be related to our sales.

As you say it's the final figures that matter.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Blackpool will have had a surge due to change of ownership and it can't be related to our sales.

As you say it's the final figures that matter.

Plus, there doesn't seem any sign of a couple of clever signings to get people down to buy.  We need a clear out in my opinion. A younger more vibrant coaching set up, a bit of pizzazz is missing from our club I'm sad to say.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Plus, there doesn't seem any sign of a couple of clever signings to get people down to buy.  We need a clear out in my opinion. A younger more vibrant coaching set up, a bit of pizzazz is missing from our club I'm sad to say.

has he signed for Preston.

• Like 2

Hasn't it been said before that after the initial surge it almost slows down to a trickle through summer before another late surge approaching the season ?

It probably won't end up much different to last time although wouldn't be surprised to see it down a bit the Tories are still squeezing less off folk the hardest and this continued Brexit nonsense is without doubt driving prices up in Super markets although who is actually really behind that is debatable.

Also it has to be said that despite him retaining the support of fans after 2 and a half seasons a few are a bit fed up of Mowbrays lax attacking approach to home games and his constant meddling with square pegs in round holes that contributes to the lack of flowing football.

A few good signings and the least flicker of ambition will swing most waiverers though, players to bubble under the surface and back up oldies and nobodies won't.