BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

My favourite of the comments in that thread: 'Why are they putting bill boards up in city's that have bigger football clubs than them. I would of thought they would be better in places like Great Harwood or Haslington or Accrington oh sorry Accrington are a bigger club than Rovers'

A barely literate and delusional whopper that presumably refers to people as 'cha'.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

My favourite of the comments in that thread: 'Why are they putting bill boards up in city's that have bigger football clubs than them. I would of thought they would be better in places like Great Harwood or Haslington or Accrington oh sorry Accrington are a bigger club than Rovers'

A barely literate and delusional whopper that presumably refers to people as 'cha'.

Kind of person who uses “cringe” as a noun.

Nobbers are living the dream at the moment. They finished above Rovers last season for the want of a single goal. Let them bask in it, it’s the absolute pinnacle of modern times for them. Crest of a wave stuff.

They think they are better/bigger than Rovers. Ha! They can’t claim to rub shoulders with Swindon, Oldham, Barnsley, even Blackpool.

?cringe✌? indeed. ??‍♂️

• Like 3

You can stick billboards in every town in the North of England but it's pointless unless you do something to lure fans back like maybe sign some good players over 19 and under 30.

It's a total waste of money paying for these things otherwise..... Except the ones in Preston they have provoked almost as much anger as the Burnley fly over ??

Up yours Knobend !!!!

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Driving through Preston this morning and I spotted our season tickets advertised in a bus shelter.

Thought i’d Teleported to 1995 and it felt great!

Hopefully the club is finally waking up to the fact that an ever increasing percentage of the fanbase is outside the town of Blackburn.

They can hardly complain. I can't recall the exact time (probably a couple of years ago) that a leaflet advertising their season tickets came through my letterbox. Why on earth anyone in Blackburn would go to watch Preston who knows? At the moment though why would people in Preston go to Ewood? Being a much bigger club isn't significant enough alone at the moment. 

I've quoted this before but in 1998 Williams said "we must see ourselves as being Lancashire". What happened after Jack died? Small town this, small town that.

Not that I'm bothered but have the EFL changed rules on promoting in other areas? Accrington's owner Dolt was complaining not long ago wasn't he even though there's more Rovers fans there than Accrington ST holders. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

Have to say I'm surprised/impressed by the news that we're advertising season tickets beyond the confines of BWDBC. Long may it continue. Hopefully there's more to come than just a few posters and we start actively promoting the club in neighbouring towns. We moan about Norwich etc. Having big catchment areas but there's hundreds of thousands in Lancashire. The key is getting them in young.

Funny to see Preston lot get their knickers in a twist about it but they should be used to bigger clubs on their doorstep by now. Wasn't long since their buses were coming through Blackburn with adverts all over them for their season tickets.

Preston's obsession with us continues to amaze. Even their Bauer thread is more about us than the player. They beat us to a L1 free signing - well bloody hell. Didn't we blast them out of the water last year when they chased Armstrong? One poster even said that at least they have leveled the score with Bauer...uhum what? 

When we signed Armstrong, I don't think anyone here even mentioned how great it was to beat Preston to the player. 

Edited by JacknOry

31 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Preston's obsession with us continues to amaze. Even their Bauer thread is more about us than the player. They beat us to a L1 free signing - well bloody hell. Didn't we blast them out of the water last year when they chased Armstrong? One poster even said that at least they have leveled the score with Bauer...uhum what? 

When we signed Armstrong, I don't think anyone here even mentioned how great it was to beat Preston to the player. 

I think both sides should keep their counsel until we’ve seen Bauer in the Championship.

As much as I deride Mowbray, I’d still like to think that he didn’t chase Bauer for nothing.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

I think both sides should keep their council until we’ve seen Bauer in the Championship.

As much as I deride Mowbray, I’d still like to think that he didn’t chase Bauer for nothing.

Of course, my point is not so much on the player. TM himself apparently claimed he had cooled interest so there is no actual evidence that we even went for him this time around anyway. My point is that lots obsession with anything to do with Rovers. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, barry_ said:

Disappointing to see the extra charge for paying by direct debit. IMG_20190624_190141.thumb.jpg.6ee18e1828b85745c81606453eab1fde.jpg

Surely only the same with car insurance, your taking out credit. 

Easier to just pony the 349 up surely? Appreciate some might not be able too with out saving in advance.

4 hours ago, pk1875 said:

More disappointing that so many this year have been turned down for credit.

That's purely a commercial decision. Why would a company advance cash to someone deemed a bad risk? I'm certain I wouldn't and see no reason why the club or finance company should.

Edited by Paul

Surprised I got accepted TBF given my past history! - usually pay upfront but circumstances this year dictated that I was unable to.

This type of arrangement I find could be made better. A majority of football fans, especially in a town such a Blackburn & the surrounding areas, are working class, and as a result, pretty much live week-to-week / month-to-month. A ST is quite a big outlay for many but people want to sit with their mates/family week in week out and so this is the only option. The days where you met your mates in the pub beforehand and all stood together on the BBE are long gone.

To allow people to keep their seats yet still pay monthly, why can't the club introduce a scheme whereby you pay a couple of months in advance (ie you have to sign up early) and If you haven't paid then (after getting all your reminders etc), the ticket gets blocked. It's all computerised so shouldn't be that difficult to arrange. You could even block it with a month's 'credit' left on to encourage people to ensure that they're up-to date.

I know there's the money making aspect in it between Rovers & the finance company, but it terms of fairness to the fans and probably getting a few more STs sold I think it would be beneficial to all.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Steve Waggott.  I know that they have to have deadlines but you would think there would be some movement the club are going to lose a season ticket holder of 30 years in my mum as she turns 65 4 days after the deadline for a OAP ticket she is refusing to buy one as it isn't cost effective for her

I would think that if she waited those 4 days, her seat would probably be still available and she could purchase at the reduced rate - the problem these days is 'computer says no'.

I suppose the alternative would be to set the age date as 'end of July' or 'beginning of the season', but likewise, I'd be in the opposite position whereby my Daughter's birthday is mid-June, so I effectively get away with the cheaper rates for an extra season when they move up (as long as I renew in time of course!)

59 minutes ago, Giant said:

Rovers  will let her have an OAP season tkt, just call office or go down. My brother turns 65 2 days after season starts, they let him have the OAP tkt.

She has been to ticket office they told her sorry cant do anything about it if your not 65 on 31st August you will have to buy an adult one or wait and get a half season ticket