BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

19 hours ago, Paul said:

That's purely a commercial decision. Why would a company advance cash to someone deemed a bad risk? I'm certain I wouldn't and see no reason why the club or finance company should.

These are supporters who have previously able to buy on finance, it may be a commercial decision but is still disappointing as it means the club will sell less tickets.

2 hours ago, pk1875 said:

These are supporters who have previously able to buy on finance, it may be a commercial decision but is still disappointing as it means the club will sell less tickets.

Have we changed finance companies?

I've always thought the club should work with a credit union as this could help some sections of support. Tried to get this going with Rovers Trust but sadly it came to nothing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paul said:

Have we changed finance companies?

I've always thought the club should work with a credit union as this could help some sections of support. Tried to get this going with Rovers Trust but sadly it came to nothing.

Im sure Jubilee Tower CU in Darwen would welcome this, they're a great local based Credit Union..... I will email Mr Waggot on this idea

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Im sure Jubilee Tower CU in Darwen would welcome this, they're a great local based Credit Union..... I will email Mr Waggot on this idea

I can second that. They are a local business who won't judge people because of some minor misdemenour in the past.

Meanwhile in a completely different world, we just bought 2 senior Clitheroe season tickets for £30 each. 6 matches each at that price and we're saving. Not suggesting Rovers could do that but we've never bought ST'S at Clitheroe before so it shows what you can do if you market imaginatively. They have £60 in the bank that they wouldn't otherwise have had. We can pop along to any match at Shawbridge at short notice any time we're free even if we can only make the second half.

7,200 sold so far. 10,000 target.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/season-ticket-sales-matter-much-16527660

Waggott still saying 8,800 sold last season, contradicting Fans Forum minutes that said we sold 10,000+

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/d47edf0f19cd47dea3a73e898f8da69c/ff-minutes-7.1.19.pdf

He’s now gone further and said we’ve NEVER sold 10,000 since relegation.

More lies as we had every season up to 2015/16. Selling nearly 11,000 in 2014/2015

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/13th-october-2014.pdf

Either he is lying or the club was massaging figures previously, I.e perhaps counting freebies as sales? Who knows, all very strange regardless.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Just now, Mattyblue said:

7,200 sold so far.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/season-ticket-sales-matter-much-16527660

Waggott still saying 8,800 sold last season, contradicting Fans Forum minutes that said we sold 10,000+

He’s now gone further and said we’ve NEVER sold 10,000 since relegation.

More lies as we had every season up to 2015/16. Selling nearly 11,000 in 2014/2015

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/13th-october-2014.pdf

Inconvenient facts which suggest Waggott's 'policies' perhaps aren't as successful as he would like to think. 

Up the prices go whilst alienating season ticket holders and putting them on sale at the last minute only going to end one way.

• Like 1

7,200 sold in mid July.

Do we usually sell 3,000 STs post claim your seat deadline in the final few weeks?

I’d say no we don’t, so Waggott is going to miss his target... again.

Though we NEVER sell 10,000 anyway, do we Steve?

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

7,200 sold in mid July.

Do we usually sell 3,000 STs post claim your seat deadline in the final few weeks?

I’d say no we don’t, so Waggott is going to miss his target... again.

Though we NEVER sell 10,000 anyway, do we Steve?

Agreed.

But Steve just played his trump card with the matchday prices.

Let's see if it has his desired effect or the opposite.

We sold 8,500 the summer they appointed Coyle and that remains our lowest figure for nearly 30 years - despite the rubbish Waggott is coming out with at the moment about not selling 10,000 in this league since 2012.

Be some disaster if despite all the good will around the club in comparison to the Coyle era, our sales drop back to that nadir.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We sold 8,500 the summer they appointed Coyle and that remains our lowest figure for nearly 30 years - despite the rubbish Waggott is coming out with at the moment about not selling 10,000 in this league since 2012.

Be some disaster if despite all the good will around the club in comparison to the Coyle era, our sales drop back to that nadir.

Considering how generally well liked Mowbray is (a proper football man and all that) it does make you wonder why there is so much apathy.

I honestly think that leaving it so late each season doesn’t help. Get a great offer out on the day of the last home fixture with a good early bird incentive. I expect people have now spent - or are spending on holidays.

• Like 4