BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So latest FF minutes, the club has apologised for the confusion and the target is actually 11,000. 10,000 to sell and 1,000 complementaries. 

Last season being 9,400 + 1,000 (10,400).

Makes much more sense, so no idea what Waggott was talking about earlier in the summer.

What I did find interesting is that 15,000 people in the ‘Preston area’ (presumably PR postcodes, so South Ribble/Chorley Boroughs too) had bought tickets in recent years, so the club thinks it’s fair game to advertise over there..  quite right too! ‘Bigger than PNE’s average crowd’ Great dig Greg Coar ^_^

I’ve said before that there has been massive demographic change in the town of Blackburn, with many, many more of our fans now outside BwD. Good to see that the club realises this too.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/8th-july-2019.pdf

...and it would have been a lot more than 15,000 had the club treated it as a catchment area from 2001-2012. 

7 people in attendance and 8 who couldn't attend? If that many people can't attend then you shouldn't really be on the fans forum. A couple of people ought to be replaced.

FUP continues to be a challenge for the club> Well aside from calling Jack Walker a cheat, transfer bans and ruining the ambition of competent future owners it's not a problem at all. ?. How about next time in the minutes referring to it as the "financial rules"

Edited by Vinjay17

• Moderation Lead
30 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

...and it would have been a lot more than 15,000 had the club treated it as a catchment area from 2001-2012. 

7 people in attendance and 8 who couldn't attend? If that many people can't attend then you shouldn't really be on the fans forum. A couple of people ought to be replaced.

FUP continues to be a challenge for the club> Well aside from calling Jack Walker a cheat, transfer bans and ruining the ambition of competent future owners it's not a problem at all. ?. How about next time in the minutes referring to it as the "financial rules"

Probably because that’s the official term for it?

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well maybe people need to stop being "official" it's a forum not an empty conformity vessel. Liverpool public refer to The S*n, The S*um, etc.

Yeah, but not in meetings with the club Vinjay!

• Like 1

Why would I not refer to it by it's name though? The financial rules are known as Financial Fair Play - it seems to me much clearer for anyone reading the minutes. I should call them something else because you have some irrational point to make?

• Like 2

Just now, only2garners said:

Why would I not refer to it by it's name though? The financial rules are known as Financial Fair Play - it seems to me much clearer for anyone reading the minutes. I should call them something else because you have some irrational point to make?

It's not irrational refusing to call Jack Walker a cheat.

@JoeHarvey

In the meeting yesterday, I believe Waggott said nearly 9k STs shifted as of then.

Did he make clear if that was total number issued, including the standard 1k that are given as complementaries... so 8k sold + 1k, or was it 9k actually sold... which takes us to 10k?

If the latter it looks as if we are pretty much going to hit last season’s figures.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

@JoeHarvey

In the meeting yesterday, I believe Waggott said nearly 9k STs shifted as of then.

Did he make clear if that was total number issued, including the standard 1k that are given as complementaries... so 8k sold + 1k, or was it 9k actually sold... which takes us to 10k?

If the latter it looks as if we are pretty much going to hit last season’s figures.

He just nodded over to Coar and said “about 8,500 nearly 9,000 isn’t it Rob” and he just nodded back so unknown.

Just now, frosty said:

Any ST holders who've got a new card for this season still waiting for it to arrive? Renewed about 3 weeks ago.

Don't like it when it gets this last minute....

Mine arrived several days ago but we only got new ones because we moved seats. I think you keep last year's if there is no change.

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Mine arrived several days ago but we only got new ones because we moved seats. I think you keep last year's if there is no change.

Yeah, we've got new seats too so we're due new cards. Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow.

• Like 1

Welcome to Blackburn Steve, soon slotted in to the arse covering blame the fans mantra.

Tbh it is a bit disappointing when they are signing a few players for decent money that it doesn't seem to have got a bit more interest going again but there are still so many reservations about if/when they'll start selling others and if the manager will get a bit more ambitious in his tactics.

End of the day as pointed out we are just a midtable second tier outfit now who have enough about them to stay out of big trouble and an outside chance of crashing the top 6. It's just like the late 80's except everything costs more.  Crowds are pretty stable for that version of BRFC.

Welcome to Blackburn Steve !

I think he understands that the Asian population of the town are small in number at Ewood and wants to change that. Good to hear as it is a necessity if the club wants to continue to thrive in the town itself.

However are they doing enough to entice in and entice back the large and ever increasing numbers of fans that now live across Lancashire? As the further from Ewood you live the more of a palava it is to trek to the ground every other week.

Also, he must be in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks a club based in east Lancashire with its socio-economic factors, can charge £25-48 for match tickets.

Both Waggott and Mowbray are out of touch with the locals I’m afraid. The only thing bringing back the crowds is keen pricing and this is where Waggott needs to do something differently. Instead he just blames fans.

Meanwhile Mowbray is doing nothing with recruitment to excite fans and hasn’t done since he came here. (Did someone say Dack? Absolute wildcard who has come good but is certainly patchy in form - which is why he is still here).

Even today he is talking about wanting fans to get down to Ewood and turn it into a fortress. Such a shame that he hasn’t got to understand yet how the town and football club interact and he seems to be using his North East experience of automatically passionate fans.

We would all love for Ewood to be a football crazy town who will pay top football prices to be entertained by their local heroes. It doesn’t work like that but they keep flogging that horse.

If they really want numbers make them dirt cheap and find a way to bring the financial gap through commercial avenues. If they don’t then they need to stop banging on about it. Blaming the fans (as the “Corry Evans is committed - why aren’t you?” Campaign showed) and holding them in contempt (“where are they?”) will have the opposite effect.

• Like 4