BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

Obviously aren’t going to be big sellers this year, but even in a season like this I believe they usually sell 500 or so. Not to be sniffed at.

So surely they should be on sale by now  as folk think of Christmas presents? (Enter gags about being on Santa’s naughty list here).

A club going through the motions on and off the pitch.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

A club going through the motions on and off the pitch.

Amazing that Venkys put up with it.

Imagine a daddy so rich that his children can waste his money on something he would have had zero interest in - all the while hated by fans. Meanwhile another family couldn’t wait to get rid of what was a potential huge money-spinner, that their daddy loved, because they had zero interest in it - despite their dad being worshipped by fans.

Are the Raos really that stupid and/or that rich? They must have some motive for hanging on to us while putting with mediocrity. They must!

If they had any interest or demand for success he’d be gone by now. Mowbray is eventually going to end up like Bowyer, at odds with - to the point of gesticulating on the pitch to - the disillusioned fans. Keeping managers beyond their time has been a dreadful feature of Venkys time. Seemingly only acting when nudged by the bank and then selling players to make ends meet.

Experience says we have about a 2.5 year shelf life to progress before forced regression sets in. Ironically that’s 12 months more than the average life of a manager at any ‘normal’ club!

To paraphrase Churchill, on today of all days: an aberration, wrapped in a dysfunction, inside an abnormality.

• Like 4

We need to offer what Leicester have, a 10 game season ticket where you can pick and choose from any 10 games until the end of the season. Would definitely go down a treat with those who can't always make it due to work etc... but don't want to pay for the full year.

50 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We need to offer what Leicester have, a 10 game season ticket where you can pick and choose from any 10 games until the end of the season. Would definitely go down a treat with those who can't always make it due to work etc... but don't want to pay for the full year.

I have mention this idea time after time for the same reasons. 

51 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Completely agree, to be honest that would suit me down to the ground as I rarely make midweek games, and will probably miss the two games over Christmas this year.

I probably make an average of 14/15 home games a season despite having a season ticket, so it's something I would definitely look at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

That’s a poor number considering their position

Not brilliant but decent given it is only mid November and they only went on sale last week. Suspect it is more than we will sell in total when we eventually get around to putting them on sale.

• Like 1

The Leicester type thing sounds good but they are a Prem team in a large city who can count on large gates whatever at the moment. Not as an attractive proposition to Rovers who want every penny then can from a small hardcore.  They'll not entertain anything that might put people off full STs or half STs in favour of a picking and choosing ticket.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

But all this is just window-dressing,  when there is a huge issue about that lack of any passion/entertainment/drive on the pitch.

I love Rovers, but, as a fan of 50 years, I am really angry with myself that I committed to a season ticket. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Completely agree, to be honest that would suit me down to the ground as I rarely make midweek games, and will probably miss the two games over Christmas this year.

I probably make an average of 14/15 home games a season despite having a season ticket, so it's something I would definitely look at.

And therein lies the problem Mark . Waggott will be crapping  himself that those like you who currently buy a full ST will downgrade to a lesser offer at which point his stretch target bollox which no doubt gets reported to India etc will be down the pan .

The fact that an offer of that type might attract 12000 people will be lost on him ......” but what about if they all choose the Millwall home game to stay away Madam and there’s only 5000 in the stadium ?”

“speak to Suhail about it Steve , I have some chickens to throttle “

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

It would be good for me too. I fear it’s something the club would not look at for this reason. Us both being season ticket holders may opt for a cheaper alternative. On the flip side they might sell loads of them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

But all this is just window-dressing,  when there is a huge issue about that lack of any passion/entertainment/drive on the pitch.

I love Rovers, but, as a fan of 50 years, I am really angry with myself that I committed to a season ticket. 

Cheer up Len! Promotion next season----to the Championship?  :unsure:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TBTF said:

And therein lies the problem Mark . Waggott will be crapping  himself that those like you who currently buy a full ST will downgrade to a lesser offer at which point his stretch target bollox which no doubt gets reported to India etc will be down the pan .

The fact that an offer of that type might attract 12000 people will be lost on him ......” but what about if they all choose the Millwall home game to stay away Madam and there’s only 5000 in the stadium ?”

“speak to Suhail about it Steve , I have some chickens to throttle “

Yeah that is a fair point, and is the reason why I don't think it will ever happen. I do think they are missing a trick though.

One of the nearest clubs to where I live is Port Vale, and they offer all kinds of flexi season ticket options, 6 game, 10 game, 15 game. They are all slightly more expensive pro rata per game than a full season ticket, but they work for people who can't make it every week and are still cheaper than buying on a match by match basis.

22 hours ago, JoeH said:

I mentioned this when I had a meeting with LT and SW offer fans some flexibility said they'd consider it then did nothing else about it