BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

11 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

I mentioned this when I had a meeting with LT and SW offer fans some flexibility said they'd consider it then did nothing else about it

“But we’ve done everything we can to re engage the missing fans “. Aye ok , total and utter muppets running that club . 
Different spin when they’ve got guys with all the costs of going to Singapore and the Big Apple trying to forge relationships and build the Rovers brand . Ignore the ones here under their noses and continue to treat them with contempt ( fleecing would be another word for it).

I have just lost all my love for something I’ve lived for and supported for 50 years . It’s been drained out of me by some absentee landlords and the catalogue of idiots and chancers who continue to turn up , know nothing about the Club or it’s heritage and spout complete tripe- Mowbray included .

wrong thread apology from me if required.

• Like 7

Is Waggott still 'looking into' coaches from surrounding areas on matchday? How much longer does this 'looking into' take before we start doing what PNE are and making it easy for supporters outside the town to get to the ground?

We've done all we can.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Is Waggott still 'looking into' coaches from surrounding areas on matchday? How much longer does this 'looking into' take before we start doing what PNE are and making it easy for supporters outside the town to get to the ground?

We've done all we can.

It's the fans forum meeting on Monday.

I am sure this is on the agenda and will all be sorted out by then.

Although last time they hid the minutes from us for about 5 weeks to avoid scrutiny on the ST numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

We've done all we can.

I do some digital work for a coach company based on Shadsworth Business Park, there's companies out there, they're not difficult to find. Baffles me. 

10 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Club feedback process:

Stage 1: We're looking into it.

Stage 2: There's nothing in the budget.

Stage 3: As a club, we've done all we can.

Rinse and repeat.

Where an organisation has passionate people involved, Stage 2 become an exercise in innovation before they would even dare claim Stage 3 had been reached.

Let’s examine the problem: “We are still not getting decent numbers at games despite poor football/results and discretionary price hikes aimed at creating value in STs and bundles.”

Investigation 1: “Let’s take another look at pricing and test the £10 ticket for a game of interest, such as local derby.”

Investigation 2: “Let’s take a look at the root cause of why we have poor football and results and address that.”

Obviously very simplistic but price and quality equal value and right now both are moving further away from each other instead of closer together.

How about “use your match ticket to get the next game half price if we lose”? Or “your next season ticket reduced by 10% if we don’t make the top half”? Get a rocket under people down there on easy street where apparently results don’t matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

Club feedback process:

Stage 1: We're looking into it.

Stage 2: There's nothing in the budget.

Stage 3: As a club, we've done all we can.

Rinse and repeat.

Stage 4:  Blame the 300k shortfall in ST budget due to silly over projection by clueless suits on the fans not the manager, team or clueless suits.

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

HTs on sale... £210-£235 in the Jack Walker! Very steep for 11 matches. Can’t see many being sold.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/november/half-season-tickets-2019-20/

Riverside 170 Blackburn end 190 also. Prestons are all more than ours. Top end 275. Any way they are now on sale, so very few can be sold. If only they were on sale 2 weeks ago. ?

Not that it particularly matters this season as we’ll be selling the square route of feck all, especially at those prices.

But generally, considering half STs are often bought as Xmas presents, the earlier they are on sale the better, surely? Many folk are buying Christmas gifts well in advance of mid November.

Basic sales and marketing common sense.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Not that it particularly matters this season as we’ll be selling the square route of feck all, especially at those prices.

But generally, considering half STs are often bought as Xmas presents, the earlier they are on sale the better, surely? Many folk are buying Christmas gifts well in advance of mid November.

Basic sales and marketing common sense.

It’s not about encouraging people to buy STs though, it’s consistently been about (implicitly) threatening people with the consequences of not doing.

“If you don’t buy a bundle or a season ticket, you can pay on the day but it’ll cost you up to £43”.

Trouble is, any offer now made to make pricing more attractive will be decried by those who have already saved up and bought season tickets in July: “that’s not fair”. Some fans genuinely think that everyone should buy their way and 10,000 empty seats is just an unfortunate consequence.

A football club should be looking to maximise its seating and adjusting margins according to try to achieve that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

Riverside 170 Blackburn end 190 also. Prestons are all more than ours. Top end 275. Any way they are now on sale, so very few can be sold. If only they were on sale 2 weeks ago. ?

Preston are doing a bit better than us and another sad fact is the wages over that way are probably a bit higher than the Bburn area.  

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

190 in BBE for 11 games. 12 games if you buy this month. circa £15 per game.

Huddersfield is 174 anywhere for 11 games rising to 234 for 15 games and whatever you want in between.

They are just out the PL so good attendances / atmosphere, new manager, results picked up and new feelgood factor.

Price isn't bad. The football is bad.

Price isn't great either considering we need to reverse the destruction and bad feeling of the last 9 years and we are currently terrible and sliding towards the bottom 3.

If it was the 170 Riverside price for anywhere there would be more takers.

Just now, tomphil said:

Preston are doing a bit better than us and another sad fact is the wages over that way are probably a bit higher than the Bburn area.  

I don't think Nobbers fans will feel disenfranchised like thousands of Rovers fans through a combination of persistently being let down by the club hierarchy through stand closures, ticket surcharges and a host of other things. Throw in the likes of Kean and Coyle And the shady characters who effectively stole from us.

And the common denominator in this is the awful owners we have suffered for nearly a decade.

• Like 3

You have to price as per your local doorstep economy it's about getting as many as possible in from Mill Hill as it is from say Mellor etc.

Also i'm not sure comparing to other local clubs with similar size hardcore fanbases stacks up much either. You have different supply and demand issues i.e premium seats at PNE are probably a lot less in number as maybe are seats in the most popular home stand behind the goal.  So like for like maybe they can squeeze a bit more for them than us given the large difference in capacities. 

Edited by tomphil