Sign in to follow this  
blueboy3333

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

178 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

Doesn’t really mean anything without a comparison to this stage usually.

Edited by Mattyblue

The only really relevant numbers will be on 1st July, the claim your seat deadline day. For me, and presumably most others, there is absolutely no point in buying before then.

Does the extra £4 or so in club cash not sway you into buying them before tomorrow?!

Edited by MarkBRFC

Pretty horrific sales figures as we enter June for a Championship club really. Of course the majority won't be in any rush and will leave it until nearer the season (me included) but it does show how far off the pace we are when the likes of Forest are hitting 20,000 in May and we've sold 2,000.

I know that inventive pricing is a factor, and that Forest have been mentioned a few times on here for that, but there's also the "wave of positivity" factor.

At the time that Forest season tickets went on sale, they were 3 points away from the play-offs. I'm pretty sure that the Premier League might have been on the mind of a few.

As for Blackpool, I don't think anybody could deny a bounce for them, given their long struggle with their owners, but I suspect they will drop off if they have a mediocre season next time around. That happens at all clubs.

We’ll sell pretty much the same as usual with a little spike today (payday and £4 extra club cash!!!!) and another at claim your seat deadline day. 

No advertisement I can see apart from on the club’s official social media accounts. 

Any lapsed/non ST holders had any targeted advertising?

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We’ll sell pretty much the same as usual with a little spike today (payday and £4 extra club cash!!!!) and another at claim your seat deadline day. 

No advertisement I can see apart from on the club’s official social media accounts. 

Any lapsed/non ST holders had any targeted advertising?

Flyers through letterboxes, adverts in the Telegraph/Observer, posters on bus shelters - haven't seen any myself

Rovers have never had a fast uptake of season tickets at such an early stage...don't worry about it!

We'll sell between 8-10k and that's your lot.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Pretty horrific sales figures as we enter June for a Championship club really. Of course the majority won't be in any rush and will leave it until nearer the season (me included) but it does show how far off the pace we are when the likes of Forest are hitting 20,000 in May and we've sold 2,000.

If they had brought them out two months ago I’d have renewed by now. Right now, it’s the middle of holiday season and I’m having to nurse the credit card through it.

I’ll be renewing at the last possible moment and even then only out of a sense of duty. Let’s face it there is very little to get excited about.

7 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I know that inventive pricing is a factor, and that Forest have been mentioned a few times on here for that, but there's also the "wave of positivity" factor.

At the time that Forest season tickets went on sale, they were 3 points away from the play-offs. I'm pretty sure that the Premier League might have been on the mind of a few.

There will be 20k pissed off people when they sell Lolley for 10m

On 31/05/2019 at 07:15, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rovers have never had a fast uptake of season tickets at such an early stage...don't worry about it!

We'll sell between 8-10k and that's your lot.

I hope so, not looking good though is it?

20 hours ago, Stuart said:

If they had brought them out two months ago I’d have renewed by now. Right now, it’s the middle of holiday season and I’m having to nurse the credit card through it.

I’ll be renewing at the last possible moment and even then only out of a sense of duty. Let’s face it there is very little to get excited about.

Well done lad, proud of you.

Just now, USABlue said:

Well done lad, proud of you.

CE73087B-5EB5-4139-A7A5-B46E305C70DD.gif

Sadly giving season tickets a miss this year, a combination of work, constant changes of kick off dates and times meant we missed 10 or more games last season.. I just don't think its worth it for us.

Considering  getting 1 for me and 2 of my kids who are 6 and 3 respectively. Sadly though the seats on offer in the family stand are plop..!

Wait till after the 1 July claim your seat deadline for ST holders, some decent ones could well pop up.

Renewed mine already as I’ve nowt better to do! Could be better, could be worse, but I do like spending every other Saturday chatting noise with my mates, having a few pints, watching my heroes in blue and white in our wonderful cathedral of football. COYB.

On 31/05/2019 at 12:12, MarkBRFC said:

Blackpool have sold nearly double what we have as of this morning too.

That’s because the early bird price is finishing, no early bird for Rovers fans hence the slow uptake.

Also quite a few clubs only give until early June to keep last seasons seats. Which helps people buy early.