Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blueboy3333

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

160 members have voted

  1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

    • Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience


Recommended Posts

Just now, sabino said:

Also quite a few clubs only give until early June to keep last seasons seats. Which helps people buy early.

Given how late we are getting them on sale, if it was the end of June we’d have about a week to renew.

And we all know that Waggott doesn’t like people queuing at the ticket office!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It is the end of June Stuart, or at least pretty much, 1st July.

Typo. Meant ‘early June’ - which was the timescale in the post I quoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not had my recorded phone call from Mark Hughes yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Mogga’s. Need to free up an hour...

’You walk up the steps, you see the floodlights, you smell the fried onions, you notice the green grass...’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Looking forward to Mogga’s. Need to free up an hour...

’You walk up the steps, you see the floodlights, you smell the fried onions, you notice the green grass...’

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's interesting Steve because according to the Fans Forum minutes from last September we sold 9,461. 

We then added more half STs and sold a total of 10, 096 (according to January Fans Forum)

I presumed therefore that our target this season would be north of that, 11k or so. 

Seems like he has now come out with a smaller figure sold (8,750) and our target is less than last season's total, some ambition!

 

'SW stated that season tickets had been taken off sale after the Aston Villa game and that sales stood at 9,641. This was below the club’s stretch target of 10,500, although that target included half season ticket sales (typically around 300-400).'

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-17.9.18.pdf

 

'Half day season tickets had now gone off sale. 399 had been sold, making a total of 10.096 season tickets.'

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/d47edf0f19cd47dea3a73e898f8da69c/ff-minutes-7.1.19.pdf

 

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well that's interesting Steve because according to the Fans Forum minutes from last September we sold 9,461. 

We then added a few hundred half STs to be around the 10,000 by January.

I presumed therefore that our target this season would be north of that, 11k or so. 

Seems like he has now come out with a smaller figure sold (8,750) and kept the target at 10k? Most odd

 

'SW stated that season tickets had been taken off sale after the Aston Villa game and that sales stood at 9,641. This was below the club’s stretch target of 10,500, although that target included half season ticket sales (typically around 300-400).'

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-17.9.18.pdf

Just more moving of the goalposts. Same with transfer window targets and expectations. To have sold half of what Blackpool have and a seventh of what relegated to League Two Bradford have so far is awful. Obviously we will see more sold as the summer rolls on but i can't for the life of me see why Rovers or the owners prefer it this way than having your core paid and signed up already. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@philipl I think you're aiming at the wrong people, there.

These days, it's par for the course for clubs to provide incentives to increase season ticket sales, but there isn't much happening from what I can see. I know that core season ticket holders will always buy no matter what (within reason!), but if gaining trust back with the owners from the drop-off supporters is the aim, then they should be doing more than targeting 500-1,000 more than last season.

We've had a reasonable season, and there is a good feeling back at the club, and the time for the owners to try to get all of those drop-offs back down to Ewood is now. I think they should see it as worthwhile to take a financial hit if it meant an extra 3, 4 or 5 thousand coming back, rather than just an extra half a thousand. Supporters don't have to come up with ways to make them get back down to Ewood; the club's management has to reach out to them in a big way. And they're not doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely economies of scale dictate that a huge decrease in price would see a big rise in sales and subsequently a bigger increase in sales of shirts, beverages, pies etc etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, philipl said:

What are we doing as fans to encourage season ticket sales?

I don't really understand what you are asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/06/2019 at 11:24, JHRover said:

Just more moving of the goalposts. Same with transfer window targets and expectations. To have sold half of what Blackpool have and a seventh of what relegated to League Two Bradford have so far is awful. Obviously we will see more sold as the summer rolls on but i can't for the life of me see why Rovers or the owners prefer it this way than having your core paid and signed up already. 

 

What's the rush though..

Isn't it better for the pocket of the punter to have an extended period of payment?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toying with it. Back in the north after a few years working away! Only issue is midweek games as I usually have meetings in Birmingham at our head office. 

I think they’re a bit steep price wise but think il be going for it this year! At 20 a game roughly what enjoyment can you get for that these days? The zoo cost me 48 quid last weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rich Sharpe is regurgitating Waggott’s line for a second article that we only sold 8,750 season tickets last season.

Even though on Twitter Sharpe said he would be asking him why he was saying we had sold 10,000+ a few months ago.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17694740.finances-show-importance-of-season-ticket-sales-to-rovers/

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Rich Sharpe is regurgitating Waggott’s line for a second article that we only sold 8,750 season tickets last season.

Even though on Twitter Sharpe said he would be asking him why he was saying we had sold 10,000+ a few months ago.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17694740.finances-show-importance-of-season-ticket-sales-to-rovers/

Waggott lied about the number of ST's sold last season?

Classic Bullshit Brothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mowbray is confident Dack is staying in his most recent interview but he was saying things like 'if we have to sell Bradley Dack' to the Indian media the week before. It's the contradictions like this which alarm me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More massaging of the figures to suit the agenda. Last season it suited him to claim the higher figure whereas now with a pitiful 2500 sold it suits to set the bar lower and achieve higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

Mowbray is confident Dack is staying in his most recent interview but he was saying things like 'if we have to sell Bradley Dack' to the Indian media the week before. It's the contradictions like this which alarm me.

My interpretation of that and other interviews with Mowbray is that his aim is to set up this European scouting network so that at the end of next season if we cash in on Dack, then we are in a position to reinvest that money. Doesn't look like we will see the benefit of the new scouting model until January at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

My interpretation of that and other interviews with Mowbray is that his aim is to set up this European scouting network so that at the end of next season if we cash in on Dack, then we are in a position to reinvest that money. Doesn't look like we will see the benefit of the new scouting model until January at the earliest.

A few problems with that plan though. First off Mowbray might not be manager next summer if performance isn't acceptable this season. If he is here then he'll be preparing for his 4th full season which is above the usual lifespan of a Championship manager yet his scouting network will only just be delivering results. What if his successor wants to do it differently?

Then it hinges on Venkys reinvesting all the proceeds of a hypothetical Dack sale which I think is unlikely given past behaviour.

Then it comes down to our scouting doing what the other 23 Championship clubs aren't already doing. To do that we would either need to be going beyond what others are already doing or be extremely good at what we do. 

Mowbray sold us a 3 or 4 transfer window strategy to build a good side capable of challenging. We're now in window 3 since promotion and are being linked with Stuart Downing and keeping Ben Gladwin. Not exactly impressive. Hopefully there's better to come. But I do find it funny that there's now talk of European signings next season when that will be window 5. Always tomorrow, never today with this lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A few problems with that plan though. First off Mowbray might not be manager next summer if performance isn't acceptable this season. If he is here then he'll be preparing for his 4th full season which is above the usual lifespan of a Championship manager yet his scouting network will only just be delivering results. What if his successor wants to do it differently?

Then it hinges on Venkys reinvesting all the proceeds of a hypothetical Dack sale which I think is unlikely given past behaviour.

Then it comes down to our scouting doing what the other 23 Championship clubs aren't already doing. To do that we would either need to be going beyond what others are already doing or be extremely good at what we do. 

Mowbray sold us a 3 or 4 transfer window strategy to build a good side capable of challenging. We're now in window 3 since promotion and are being linked with Stuart Downing and keeping Ben Gladwin. Not exactly impressive. Hopefully there's better to come. But I do find it funny that there's now talk of European signings next season when that will be window 5. Always tomorrow, never today with this lot. 

Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday,
But never, ever jam today.
I said, jam tomorrow, jam yesterday,
But never, ever jam today.

You can wish as you want,
You can want as you wish.
Still you'd better hear me say:
Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday,
But never, ever jam today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A few problems with that plan though. First off Mowbray might not be manager next summer if performance isn't acceptable this season. If he is here then he'll be preparing for his 4th full season which is above the usual lifespan of a Championship manager yet his scouting network will only just be delivering results. What if his successor wants to do it differently?

Then it hinges on Venkys reinvesting all the proceeds of a hypothetical Dack sale which I think is unlikely given past behaviour.

Then it comes down to our scouting doing what the other 23 Championship clubs aren't already doing. To do that we would either need to be going beyond what others are already doing or be extremely good at what we do. 

Mowbray sold us a 3 or 4 transfer window strategy to build a good side capable of challenging. We're now in window 3 since promotion and are being linked with Stuart Downing and keeping Ben Gladwin. Not exactly impressive. Hopefully there's better to come. But I do find it funny that there's now talk of European signings next season when that will be window 5. Always tomorrow, never today with this lot. 

I doubt its just Mowbray that is keen to implement this, it'll be Waggott too that approves this strategy. I'm pleased that somebody is actually considering a medium term plan for the club, although like you say it's always a risk for Mowbray.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.