BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds like there’s been an issue for a couple of seasons with direct debits being  approved...

Wonder how many season tickets sold, last i'd heard was just over 6000.

Can't imagine we're going to break the 10k barrier with only 3 weeks left before the first game, might shift another small number on this months pay day but I doubt over two and a half thousand will be rushing out to buy.

Serious questions need asking that goes back to last summer in not taking advantage of the goodwill around the club going into the Oxford game.

I was imagining by now that we would be looking towards the c11,000 we were selling under Bowyer. Small, incremental gains each season.

Instead, unless there is a big spike over the next two weeks we are looking at returning to the Coyle season sales, still our worst in almost 30 years.

The fact Waggott pretended we only sold 8,800 last season tells me he knew early on this summer that sales were struggling and a face saving operation has swung into place.

• Like 1

I imagine we'll end up with a vague 'similar to last season' comment, which will mean less but they won't admit it or put a figure on it.

A massive failure to deliver a decrease in sales given all the 'positivity' of the Mowbray era. Can only push people so far.

Blackburn Rovers have done almost everything that everybody on here has suggested has been done, advertised not just locally but in other catchment areas, not increased prices (Frozen, and in some cases reduced prices). Also they have taken action regarding people having difficulty funding season tickets with an additional credit option becoming available.

During this week they announced the match day ticket prices - this alone made my decision to renew very easy, however the additional credit option introduced yesterday finalized it - the terms are so much more appealing than V12 were offering.

Coupled with the ambition the club has shown with bringing in Johnson and Downing but now Gallagher for a big fee...

Yes, Raya has been sold but he will be replaced, and I'm sure the defense will get sorted - watch this space.

• Like 6

Just now, AshleyClifford said:

Blackburn Rovers have done almost everything that everybody on here has suggested has been done, advertised not just locally but in other catchment areas, not increased prices (Frozen, and in some cases reduced prices). Also they have taken action regarding people having difficulty funding season tickets with an additional credit option becoming available.

During this week they announced the match day ticket prices - this alone made my decision to renew very easy, however the additional credit option introduced yesterday finalized it - the terms are so much more appealing than V12 were offering.

Coupled with the ambition the club has shown with bringing in Johnson and Downing but now Gallagher for a big fee...

Yes, Raya has been sold but he will be replaced, and I'm sure the defense will get sorted - watch this space.

Dear me. That's it then. The club has done everything that could possibly be expected of it. Nothing more to be done.

Prices frozen. After a 17% increase the previous summer. So an average of almost 9% rise each year. Imagine the take up if they'd have put another rise on!

They've introduced the extra finance option AFTER it became clear a lot of people were being denied the opportunity to get a ticket. A good move but really late in the day AFTER people have been told 'no' and may well have had their noses put out of joint. 

A combination of stand closures, finance rejection and price hikes won't have gone down well. You can't fool the people. Sales figures prove that. Wagott and the club have gone too far with their antics.

Why do our tickets only go on sale in May? Too late.

What promotion outside the town has there been? Genuine question. I've seen the posters in Preston which were apparently taken down soon after as there was a bit of a media storm. Anything in Hyndburn, South Ribble? I haven't seen anything on my travels.

The responsibility lies at home. Time the penny dropped on that one.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

Job done. Ewood rocking! ST's will go through the roof!

The advert on the bus shelter on my journey home from Preston Prison (I'm neither a prison officer, nor an inmate, though if I was I've escaped) close to the Polish shops will have worked wonders!

What is the "almost everything that everybody on here has suggested" mean?

Singing section; re-open DE for those that want to create an atmosphere; put ST 's on sale much, much earlier; inventive incentives to buy early - low price, increase every three weeks by a small amount to incentivize people to buy; re-open the top tier of the BE; stop the bloody ridiculous £3 tax, it won't mean 3,000 suddenly turn up and Sodexo can't cope; flexible ten game ST for those that can't get to every home game; stop the A+ tariff.........just some thoughts.

• Like 4

Probably just me and most from my generation (when admittedly things were a lot simpler) but I didn’t need a poster on a Preston bus shelter, a splash in the local rag, frozen prices, credit incentives or signing exciting players to get down to Ewood and buy my season ticket. I just did it. Every season from 1973 to 2015 and from 1966 to 1973, I happily paid cash at the turnstile on the day. I never stopped to think about doing anything else. Ever.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, JHRover said:

Dear me. That's it then. The club has done everything that could possibly be expected of it. Nothing more to be done.

Prices frozen. After a 17% increase the previous summer. So an average of almost 9% rise each year. Imagine the take up if they'd have put another rise on!

They've introduced the extra finance option AFTER it became clear a lot of people were being denied the opportunity to get a ticket. A good move but really late in the day AFTER people have been told 'no' and may well have had their noses put out of joint. 

A combination of stand closures, finance rejection and price hikes won't have gone down well. You can't fool the people. Sales figures prove that. Wagott and the club have gone too far with their antics.

Why do our tickets only go on sale in May? Too late.

What promotion outside the town has there been? Genuine question. I've seen the posters in Preston which were apparently taken down soon after as there was a bit of a media storm. Anything in Hyndburn, South Ribble? I haven't seen anything on my travels.

The responsibility lies at home. Time the penny dropped on that one.

OMG. Dont bother going..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Probably just me and most from my generation (when admittedly things were a lot simpler) but I didn’t need a poster on a Preston bus shelter, a splash in the local rag, frozen prices, credit incentives or signing exciting players to get down to Ewood and buy my season ticket. I just did it. Every season from 1973 to 2015 and from 1966 to 1973, I happily paid cash at the turnstile on the day. I never stopped to think about doing anything else. Ever.

But its not people like you that the club are/should be targeting.

Its people who are less dedicated/obliged/diehard in their attendance and it is people who seemingly are less financially stable.

I get a season ticket every year because I make it a financial priority of mine, so seemingly do 6 or 7 thousand, beyond that the rest may not see Rovers as their number 1 priority. I don't understand how people have such difficulty getting their head around that fact.

Indeed, something chaddy never got.

There is a hardcore who wouldn’t dream of not being an Ewood regular. Part of who they are. 

But there are many more that dip in and dip out, the ‘floating fan’. They certainly DO need adverts, freezes and the rest of it as they need bringing in the tent to start with.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Indeed, something chaddy never got.

There is a hardcore who wouldn’t dream of not being an Ewood regular. Part of who they are. 

But there are many more that dip in and dip out, the ‘floating fan’. They certainly DO need adverts, freezes and the rest of it as they need bringing in the tent to start with.

Exactly, if it was just the hardcore, the advertising costs would not need to be above zero.

I still think a genuine grovelling Venky apology for their incompetence, particularly at the start, would go much further to boost season ticket sales than any bus stop poster ever could.

Ill will towards the club drove 1000s away. They may never return but to this day as far as I can tell there have been no attempt made by the owners to build bridges. 

• Like 3

They ought to be down on their knees in front of Jack's statue pleading for forgiveness. 

Sharpe didn't answer my question (or JH's) about Waggott's misleading statements on figures. Ought to be called Rich Blunte really since that's the level of cutting edge journalism he possesses.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So latest FF minutes, the club has apologised for the confusion and the target is actually 11,000. 10,000 to sell and 1,000 complementaries. 

Last season being 9,400 + 1,000 (10,400).

Makes much more sense, so no idea what Waggott was talking about earlier in the summer.

What I did find interesting is that 15,000 people in the ‘Preston area’ (presumably PR postcodes, so South Ribble/Chorley Boroughs too) had bought tickets in recent years, so the club thinks it’s fair game to advertise over there..  quite right too! ‘Bigger than PNE’s average crowd’ Great dig Greg Coar ^_^

I’ve said before that there has been massive demographic change in the town of Blackburn, with many, many more of our fans now outside BwD. Good to see that the club realises this too.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/8th-july-2019.pdf

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4