Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blueboy3333

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

  1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

    • Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience


Recommended Posts

I still think a genuine grovelling Venky apology for their incompetence, particularly at the start, would go much further to boost season ticket sales than any bus stop poster ever could.

Ill will towards the club drove 1000s away. They may never return but to this day as far as I can tell there have been no attempt made by the owners to build bridges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They ought to be down on their knees in front of Jack's statue pleading for forgiveness. 

Sharpe didn't answer my question (or JH's) about Waggott's misleading statements on figures. Ought to be called Rich Blunte really since that's the level of cutting edge journalism he possesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So latest FF minutes, the club has apologised for the confusion and the target is actually 11,000. 10,000 to sell and 1,000 complementaries. 

Last season being 9,400 + 1,000 (10,400).

Makes much more sense, so no idea what Waggott was talking about earlier in the summer.

 

What I did find interesting is that 15,000 people in the ‘Preston area’ (presumably PR postcodes, so South Ribble/Chorley Boroughs too) had bought tickets in recent years, so the club thinks it’s fair game to advertise over there..  quite right too! ‘Bigger than PNE’s average crowd’ Great dig Greg Coar ^_^

I’ve said before that there has been massive demographic change in the town of Blackburn, with many, many more of our fans now outside BwD. Good to see that the club realises this too.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/8th-july-2019.pdf

 

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So latest FF minutes, the club has apologised for the confusion and the target is actually 11,000. 10,000 to sell and 1,000 complementaries. 

Last season being 9,400 + 1,000 (10,400).

Makes much more sense, so no idea what Waggott was talking about earlier in the summer.

 

What I did find interesting is that 15,000 people in the ‘Preston area’ (presumably PR postcodes, so South Ribble/Chorley Boroughs too) had bought tickets in recent years, so the club thinks it’s fair game to advertise over there..  quite right too! ‘Bigger than PNE’s average crowd’ Great dig Greg Coar ^_^

I’ve said before that there has been massive demographic change in the town of Blackburn, with many, many more of our fans now outside BwD. Good to see that the club realises this too.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/8th-july-2019.pdf

 

...and it would have been a lot more than 15,000 had the club treated it as a catchment area from 2001-2012. 

7 people in attendance and 8 who couldn't attend? If that many people can't attend then you shouldn't really be on the fans forum. A couple of people ought to be replaced.

FUP continues to be a challenge for the club> Well aside from calling Jack Walker a cheat, transfer bans and ruining the ambition of competent future owners it's not a problem at all. 🙄. How about next time in the minutes referring to it as the "financial rules"

Edited by Vinjay17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

...and it would have been a lot more than 15,000 had the club treated it as a catchment area from 2001-2012. 

7 people in attendance and 8 who couldn't attend? If that many people can't attend then you shouldn't really be on the fans forum. A couple of people ought to be replaced.

FUP continues to be a challenge for the club> Well aside from calling Jack Walker a cheat, transfer bans and ruining the ambition of competent future owners it's not a problem at all. 🙄. How about next time in the minutes referring to it as the "financial rules"

Probably because that’s the official term for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

Probably because that’s the official term for it?

Well maybe people need to stop being "official" it's a forum not an empty conformity vessel. Liverpool public refer to The S*n, The S*um, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well maybe people need to stop being "official" it's a forum not an empty conformity vessel. Liverpool public refer to The S*n, The S*um, etc.

Yeah, but not in meetings with the club Vinjay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, only2garners said:

So you want me to write abusive slang in a publicly available set of meeting minutes Vinjay?

Not essentially why can't you just refer to it as the "financial rules?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would I not refer to it by it's name though? The financial rules are known as Financial Fair Play - it seems to me much clearer for anyone reading the minutes. I should call them something else because you have some irrational point to make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, only2garners said:

Why would I not refer to it by it's name though? The financial rules are known as Financial Fair Play - it seems to me much clearer for anyone reading the minutes. I should call them something else because you have some irrational point to make?

It's not irrational refusing to call Jack Walker a cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Because Mowbray and Waggott lied through their teeth at the consultation meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JoeHarvey

In the meeting yesterday, I believe Waggott said nearly 9k STs shifted as of then.

Did he make clear if that was total number issued, including the standard 1k that are given as complementaries... so 8k sold + 1k, or was it 9k actually sold... which takes us to 10k?

If the latter it looks as if we are pretty much going to hit last season’s figures.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

@JoeHarvey

In the meeting yesterday, I believe Waggott said nearly 9k STs shifted as of then.

Did he make clear if that was total number issued, including the standard 1k that are given as complementaries... so 8k sold + 1k, or was it 9k actually sold... which takes us to 10k?

If the latter it looks as if we are pretty much going to hit last season’s figures.

He just nodded over to Coar and said “about 8,500 nearly 9,000 isn’t it Rob” and he just nodded back so unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I presume it was Greg Coar, Joe. If Rob Coar (no relation) was there I doubt he would know more than Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ST holders who've got a new card for this season still waiting for it to arrive? Renewed about 3 weeks ago.

Don't like it when it gets this last minute....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frosty said:

Any ST holders who've got a new card for this season still waiting for it to arrive? Renewed about 3 weeks ago.

Don't like it when it gets this last minute....

 

Mine arrived several days ago but we only got new ones because we moved seats. I think you keep last year's if there is no change.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colt Seavers said:

 

Mine arrived several days ago but we only got new ones because we moved seats. I think you keep last year's if there is no change.

 

Yeah, we've got new seats too so we're due new cards. Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two daughters have renewed staying in same seat one of them has got new season ticket last week yet nothing has changed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Waggot in Today's LT...

“As a club we couldn’t have done more. Our campaigns have been fairly hard-hitting, wide-reaching, but ‘where is everyone?’

Are we though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I’ve put on the Attendances thread... why would he expect a big increase? Average season last time, average spend, same price.

Because they’ve put billboards up in Preston, that counts as ‘hard hitting?’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Claims to understand the Town and Demographic but not sure.

More importantly does he acknowledge or even understand how much damage his paymasters have done to this club over past decade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.