Sign in to follow this  
blueboy3333

Season Tickets 2019/2020

ANNUAL SEASON TICKET POLL & THREAD - 2019/2020  

182 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE BUYING A SEASON TICKET NEXT SEASON?

• Yes
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but will go as a walk-on and pick my games
    • No, not while Venky's are here
    • No, due to cost of ST
    • No, I realistically can't get to games
    • No, I don't like the manager/football/atmosphere/match day experience

I still think a genuine grovelling Venky apology for their incompetence, particularly at the start, would go much further to boost season ticket sales than any bus stop poster ever could.

Ill will towards the club drove 1000s away. They may never return but to this day as far as I can tell there have been no attempt made by the owners to build bridges. 

They ought to be down on their knees in front of Jack's statue pleading for forgiveness. 

Sharpe didn't answer my question (or JH's) about Waggott's misleading statements on figures. Ought to be called Rich Blunte really since that's the level of cutting edge journalism he possesses.

So latest FF minutes, the club has apologised for the confusion and the target is actually 11,000. 10,000 to sell and 1,000 complementaries. 

Last season being 9,400 + 1,000 (10,400).

Makes much more sense, so no idea what Waggott was talking about earlier in the summer.

What I did find interesting is that 15,000 people in the ‘Preston area’ (presumably PR postcodes, so South Ribble/Chorley Boroughs too) had bought tickets in recent years, so the club thinks it’s fair game to advertise over there..  quite right too! ‘Bigger than PNE’s average crowd’ Great dig Greg Coar ^_^

I’ve said before that there has been massive demographic change in the town of Blackburn, with many, many more of our fans now outside BwD. Good to see that the club realises this too.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/8th-july-2019.pdf

Edited by Mattyblue

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So latest FF minutes, the club has apologised for the confusion and the target is actually 11,000. 10,000 to sell and 1,000 complementaries. 

Last season being 9,400 + 1,000 (10,400).

Makes much more sense, so no idea what Waggott was talking about earlier in the summer.

What I did find interesting is that 15,000 people in the ‘Preston area’ (presumably PR postcodes, so South Ribble/Chorley Boroughs too) had bought tickets in recent years, so the club thinks it’s fair game to advertise over there..  quite right too! ‘Bigger than PNE’s average crowd’ Great dig Greg Coar ^_^

I’ve said before that there has been massive demographic change in the town of Blackburn, with many, many more of our fans now outside BwD. Good to see that the club realises this too.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/fans-forum-minutes/8th-july-2019.pdf

...and it would have been a lot more than 15,000 had the club treated it as a catchment area from 2001-2012. 

7 people in attendance and 8 who couldn't attend? If that many people can't attend then you shouldn't really be on the fans forum. A couple of people ought to be replaced.

FUP continues to be a challenge for the club> Well aside from calling Jack Walker a cheat, transfer bans and ruining the ambition of competent future owners it's not a problem at all. 🙄. How about next time in the minutes referring to it as the "financial rules"

Edited by Vinjay17

30 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

...and it would have been a lot more than 15,000 had the club treated it as a catchment area from 2001-2012. 

7 people in attendance and 8 who couldn't attend? If that many people can't attend then you shouldn't really be on the fans forum. A couple of people ought to be replaced.

FUP continues to be a challenge for the club> Well aside from calling Jack Walker a cheat, transfer bans and ruining the ambition of competent future owners it's not a problem at all. 🙄. How about next time in the minutes referring to it as the "financial rules"

Probably because that’s the official term for it?

Just now, K-Hod said:

Probably because that’s the official term for it?

Well maybe people need to stop being "official" it's a forum not an empty conformity vessel. Liverpool public refer to The S*n, The S*um, etc.

7 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well maybe people need to stop being "official" it's a forum not an empty conformity vessel. Liverpool public refer to The S*n, The S*um, etc.

Yeah, but not in meetings with the club Vinjay!

Just now, only2garners said:

So you want me to write abusive slang in a publicly available set of meeting minutes Vinjay?

Not essentially why can't you just refer to it as the "financial rules?"

Why would I not refer to it by it's name though? The financial rules are known as Financial Fair Play - it seems to me much clearer for anyone reading the minutes. I should call them something else because you have some irrational point to make?

Just now, only2garners said:

Why would I not refer to it by it's name though? The financial rules are known as Financial Fair Play - it seems to me much clearer for anyone reading the minutes. I should call them something else because you have some irrational point to make?

It's not irrational refusing to call Jack Walker a cheat.

No. Because Mowbray and Waggott lied through their teeth at the consultation meeting.

@JoeHarvey

In the meeting yesterday, I believe Waggott said nearly 9k STs shifted as of then.

Did he make clear if that was total number issued, including the standard 1k that are given as complementaries... so 8k sold + 1k, or was it 9k actually sold... which takes us to 10k?

If the latter it looks as if we are pretty much going to hit last season’s figures.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

@JoeHarvey

In the meeting yesterday, I believe Waggott said nearly 9k STs shifted as of then.

Did he make clear if that was total number issued, including the standard 1k that are given as complementaries... so 8k sold + 1k, or was it 9k actually sold... which takes us to 10k?

If the latter it looks as if we are pretty much going to hit last season’s figures.

He just nodded over to Coar and said “about 8,500 nearly 9,000 isn’t it Rob” and he just nodded back so unknown.

I presume it was Greg Coar, Joe. If Rob Coar (no relation) was there I doubt he would know more than Steve.

Any ST holders who've got a new card for this season still waiting for it to arrive? Renewed about 3 weeks ago.

Don't like it when it gets this last minute....

Just now, frosty said:

Any ST holders who've got a new card for this season still waiting for it to arrive? Renewed about 3 weeks ago.

Don't like it when it gets this last minute....

Mine arrived several days ago but we only got new ones because we moved seats. I think you keep last year's if there is no change.

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Mine arrived several days ago but we only got new ones because we moved seats. I think you keep last year's if there is no change.

Yeah, we've got new seats too so we're due new cards. Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow.

My two daughters have renewed staying in same seat one of them has got new season ticket last week yet nothing has changed 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Waggot in Today's LT...

“As a club we couldn’t have done more. Our campaigns have been fairly hard-hitting, wide-reaching, but ‘where is everyone?’

Are we though? 

As I’ve put on the Attendances thread... why would he expect a big increase? Average season last time, average spend, same price.

Because they’ve put billboards up in Preston, that counts as ‘hard hitting?’

Claims to understand the Town and Demographic but not sure.

More importantly does he acknowledge or even understand how much damage his paymasters have done to this club over past decade?