BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Player of the season 2019

With the players apparently having finished up for the season, lets get the ball rolling with this.

For me it has to be Graham.

In a season of disappointments with players who I expected so much more from(Lenihan, Nyambe , Brereton, Rothwell). 

Inconsistent players (Dack, Reed, Bell, Rodwell)

And frankly those who have really disappointed (Mulgrew, Raya)

Then the final category, squad pedestrians (Bennett, Conway, Evans, Smallwood)

To be honest the only players apart from Graham who has exceeded my expectations were Armstrong (who could arguably go to the inconsistent players list) and Travis. 

1-Graham

2-Armstrong

3- Travis

• Backroom

Travis has played what 10 games? He was really good for the first few but beyond that not anything above and beyond.

At this point it’s a difficult one through lack of options, imagine it will come down to Graham and Dack but for me Dack has really frustrated since November or so.

At one point Nyambe was up there but being dropped set him back 

Slim pickings at the moment

Danny Graham probably the most deserving, but still 11 games to go (nearly a quarter of the season) so chance for some to stake a claim.

Dack, Armstrong and Reed have shown flashes.

None of the defensive quintet deserve recognition based on our record.

Corry Evans has performed well in patches, but hardly a Player of the Year candidate.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Travis has played what 10 games? He was really good for the first few but beyond that not anything above and beyond.

At this point it’s a difficult one through lack of options, imagine it will come down to Graham and Dack but for me Dack has really frustrated since November or so.

At one point Nyambe was up there but being dropped set him back 

That happens a lot with young players. He'll come back stronger next season I hope.

Picking a MOS won't be easy this season. too many underachievers. I used MOS instead of POS  for obvious reasons.

The cupboard is almost bare!

Nearly a quarter of the season to go but for me Graham's the only contender.

Tells you all you need to know about how poor our team is and how poor our season has been. 

1) Graham - He's consistently led the line well and is on his way to 15 goals for the season. Good return for a striker who is used primarily as a target man and who rarely gets a decent cross to get on the end of. 

2) Dack - for his goals and his performances up to Christmas. He won us games on his own and was bound to be marked out of games eventually when he is virtually our only creative spark. 

3) Our only central defender capable of running, marking and winning headers. 

Armstrongs had about 4 good games so I've no idea why he gets a mention. 

Edited by blueboy3333

For me, an open and shut case. With very little service, minimal crosses, and aimless hoofs regularly and blindly played up to him, hes been excellent. Has done everything to dispel myths about a perceived physical wane with consistently impressive performances, a competitive goal and assist tally and some text book leading of the line.

Dack would have to be second, despite a lean couple of months his goal and assist contributions are still impressive.

Armstrong has had one excellent month amidst a season of mainly poor performances, Travis is young player of the year but his performances have dropped to the mean following a superb few initial performances, and Reed and Evans have had decent seasons. Aside from that, nothing else of note.

Surely there’s only Graham in the mix here? Dack has largely downed his tools since November bar the odd flash or two. Reed hasn’t be at it for a couple of months (granted I’d be peeved getting shoved everywhere by TM too).

If there was underperformer of the year then it’d be a battle and a half.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Moderation Lead

Armstrong blows hot and cold, but has only had a few good games really.

Reed and Dack for a while were in contention, but have been off the boil recently. 

Despite being starved of service, can it really be anyone other than Graham? 

I know he’s allegedly past it (to be fair, he will need to be replaced sooner rather than later), but strikers are only as good as their service. 

He’s had very little and still bagged a number of goals. 

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This is as bad as 2 years ago when Williams won it in the relegation season. Graham's been the best of an inconsistent and underachieving bunch

Inconsistent and a pain in the arse? Yes. Underachieving? Probably not. There is definitely 15 or 16 teams who have better squads on paper than us.. I’d take pretty much any other back 4 in the league than ours bar only a couple. 

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Inconsistent and a pain in the arse? Yes. Underachieving? Probably not. There is definitely 15 or 16 teams who have better squads on paper than us.. I’d take pretty much any other back 4 in the league than ours bar only a couple. 

We only have such a poor defence due to a negligent attitude towards spending barely any of the considerable resources the manager has had in his time here on it.