BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Player of the season 2019

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We only have such a poor defence due to a negligent attitude towards spending barely any of the considerable resources the manager has had in his time here on it. 

Yep, I like TM but some of his transfer business has been extremely questionable, if he doesn’t get it right this summer we’re in big trouble. This summer is huge.. Is 17th an underachievement though, considering where we were earlier in the season maybe, but it’s a 46 game season and if you’d have said before the season started we would finish 17th I doubt many Rovers fans would have complained, it’s just frustrating the circumstances in which we have ended up being 17th by absolutely imploding since the start of February.

6 hours ago, Butty said:

Yep, I like TM but some of his transfer business has been extremely questionable, if he doesn’t get it right this summer we’re in big trouble. This summer is huge.. Is 17th an underachievement though, considering where we were earlier in the season maybe, but it’s a 46 game season and if you’d have said before the season started we would finish 17th I doubt many Rovers fans would have complained, it’s just frustrating the circumstances in which we have ended up being 17th by absolutely imploding since the start of February.

Thats the crux of it. 

Having won promotion out of L1, yes consolidation was what I hoped and expected at the time and being where we are now I would have definitely taken it.

However, we then spent 10 million + which is more than most of the division.

We also started very well and looked like we could compete with anyone.

The two factors above had me changing my expectations.

However, our form before Christmas was abysmal with the same mistakes being made still today. We had a superb January and got closer to the playoffs and had the opportunity to strengthen - which we didn't for whatever reason. We quickly lost form and have yet to recover any of it. We have plummeted with both players and manager already seemingly on holiday. 

Summing up, I think we're underachieving this season now - I would have accepted 12th or better. Our implosion is alarming and while we should be safe, this is Rovers we're talking about. If we can regularly drop points when being 2 up, we can somehow find a way to get relegated again.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Butty said:

Inconsistent and a pain in the arse? Yes. Underachieving? Probably not. There is definitely 15 or 16 teams who have better squads on paper than us.. I’d take pretty much any other back 4 in the league than ours bar only a couple. 

I have subscribed to every team in the championships youtube page, so I always watch the highlights. the only defences I would say are definitely worse than ours are Bolton and Ipswich. Villa have looked awful at times too, but they probably just edge us. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel