BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New law changes for 2019/20 season

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11655143/football-rules-how-will-new-ifab-laws-affect-the-game

Just heard an ex-ref talking on Talksport (didn't catch his name) and he discussed law changes coming into affect next season at all levels of the game.

Three of them took my attention. One isn't mentioned in the article I have linked.

The most bonkers one is that ALL penalties will be as if it's a penalty shootout out. In that once the penalty is missed the ball is dead. No rebounds, no 2nd chances. Why??? Because the law makers are on cocaine, that's why

The next big one is attacking players have to be 1 metre away from the wall at free kicks. No attackers standing in the wall. Why??? Because the law makers are on cocaine, that's why.

The law change not mentioned is that the ball will now be active from a goal kick as soon as it is touched. Players will still have to be outside the 18 yard box but once it is kicked the ball is fair game. 

Edited by Rover_Shaun
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11655143/football-rules-how-will-new-ifab-laws-affect-the-game

Just heard an ex-ref talking on Talksport (didn't catch his name) and he discussed law changes coming into affect next season at all levels of the game.

Three of them took my attention. One isn't mentioned in the article I have linked.

The most bonkers one is that ALL penalties will be as if it's a penalty shootout out. In that once the penalty is missed the ball is dead. No rebounds, no 2nd chances. Why??? Because the law makers are on cocaine, that's why

The next big one is attacking players have to be 1 metre away from the wall at free kicks. No attackers standing in the wall. Why??? Because the law makers are on cocaine, that's why.

The law change not mentioned is that the ball will now be active from a goal kick as soon as it is touched. Players will still have to be outside the 18 yard box but once it is kicked the ball is fair game. 

Rubbish changes, every one.

• Like 4

There's already a law for time wasting. Referees can book players and add on time for any wasted - they just don't do it often enough.

There is a change they could make - get the referee to add on double the time wasted by any player. That would pretty soon stop it.

8 minutes ago, Amo said:

There was a mistake and they've removed the part about penalties.

Hells Bells, I'd just come to terms with the one chance rule! 

The no attackers in the wall will produce some interesting tactics and maybe more goals from direct free kicks. 

12 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Don’t knowwhere the  penalty one came from,but it’s not happening.

Just now, unsall said:

Don’t knowwhere the  penalty one came from,but it’s not happening.

Suspect they've had such an adverse reaction to it. Changed their minds. Heard it on the classic FM news taking mrsb to work her comment was that's mean

Just now, Rogerb said:

Suspect they've had such an adverse reaction to it. Changed their minds. Heard it on the classic FM news taking mrsb to work her comment was that's mean

Yeah,would have been crazy, wonder if it’s getting mixed up with a penalty shoot out,when occasionally a goalie saves and The ball balloons up in the air, goalie walks away then it comes down and bounces in the goal,which under current rules the goal stands, might be in future,once goalie saves it becomes dead.

Ehhhh, playing devil's advocate, I do think it's jammy that someone can take a **** pen, or the goalie makes a worldie save, and they still score the rebound. 

Edited by Amo

RE The goal kick rule: I've felt the rule was flawed ever since we drew 2-2 with Man Utd our first season back under Souness almost 20 years ago when Grabbi had 2 goals disallowed because of it.

Not sure the ball being live instantly is the right way to go, but if a player touches it in the box under pressure should be an indirect free kick for the other team - retaken goal kicks have always been a kop out.

Also not upset about the attackers in the wall rule, but the "6 second rule" needs looked at

7 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

RE The goal kick rule: I've felt the rule was flawed ever since we drew 2-2 with Man Utd our first season back under Souness almost 20 years ago when Grabbi had 2 goals disallowed because of it.

Not sure the ball being live instantly is the right way to go, but if a player touches it in the box under pressure should be an indirect free kick for the other team - retaken goal kicks have always been a kop out.

Also not upset about the attackers in the wall rule, but the "6 second rule" needs looked at

What happened in the 2-2 March, I've forgotten. I remember Barthez fouling Grabbi or something odd.

From memory, I think grabbi closed down a United player from the kick, won the ball and bent a worldie in to the top corner at the bb end. However the referee gave a retaken GK as the United player had touched it on the 18 yard line.

Then he gave Beckham a bs equaliser by allowing him to take a quick free kick after signalling to his whistle. Miss those days so bad. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Amo said:

Ehhhh, playing devil's advocate, I do think it's jammy that someone can take a **** pen, or the goalie makes a worldie save, and they still score the rebound. 

No different to a shit shot from open play. 

Edited by Rover_Shaun

• 4 months later...