BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

He was quoted today basically saying he needs a full pre season, doubt he’s going to consider him or Davenport this season 

Not sure how he's got to that conclusion but I find it rather odd. If he's training every day and managing 180 mins of football is he really THAT unfit?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's interesting that Magliore is going to be on the bench but not considered good/experienced enough to start. It's a bit like a 90% fit player on the bench. In reality an injury in the warm up or early in the game to another player and they have to play. We need centre halves whose stock in trade is to play that position. Nyambe and Williams are full backs (and generally average ones at that) so if we have a natural centre half good enough for the bench then start him. This is a problem of Mowbrays own making.

Allardyce threw Phil Jones in against the likes of Drogba, why the hell can't Mowbray do it against Wigan.

Because Magloire is not a Phil Jones. In fact Wharton, Platt and Grayson are probably  ahead of Magloire in the pecking order but Mr Potato head has sent them all out on loan.

TM will pick the usual boring team of Raya; Bennett, Nyambe, Williams, Bell; Evans, Smallwood; Reed, Dack, Armstrong; Graham and we'll get thrashed by a bulky Wigan team who will be more up for it than we are.

You mark my words................................1-4  to Wigan

And, after that, nothing will change.........again.

15 minutes ago, bazza said:

Because Magloire is not a Phil Jones. In fact Wharton, Platt and Grayson are probably  ahead of Magloire in the pecking order but Mr Potato head has sent them all out on loan.

TM will pick the usual boring team of Raya; Bennett, Nyambe, Williams, Bell; Evans, Smallwood; Reed, Dack, Armstrong; Graham and we'll get thrashed by a bulky Wigan team who will be more up for it than we are.

You mark my words................................1-4  to Wigan

And, after that, nothing will change.........again.

I didn't say he was a Phil Jones. My point was that nobody really knew how Phil Jones would fare against Drogba having never played in anything but under 21 football. It's a square peg in a square hole.

As I said in my post he could be needed in the first minute if somebody is injured or sent off. What then? We can't put him on because he's too young so we'll re jig the team and play somebody else out of position.

What bazza said except the 4-1 scoreline is Bob on. 

If we do get an injury then he has to play and we either have another Travis situation (which I doubt) or we wreck a young lads confidence and mowbray puts himself in the firing line for leaving us short and we lose another derby and three points at home ( most likely scenario). 

If he has to play so be it but it's on Tony's head, that's why if we were to get an injury he would shoe horn any of the usual in there before giving Tyler a game, I'm convinced of it.

24 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Chapmans just banged a goal in from 25 yards. 

Unfit though ? 

How dare he risk losing possession by shooting from so far out. We'll not see him this season then, he'll be having  that coached out of him and be being taught about not crossing the half way line and keeping the team's shape.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What bazza said except the 4-1 scoreline is Bob on. 

If we do get an injury then he has to play and we either have another Travis situation (which I doubt) or we wreck a young lads confidence and mowbray puts himself in the firing line for leaving us short and we lose another derby and three points at home ( most likely scenario). 

If he has to play so be it but it's on Tony's head, that's why if we were to get an injury he would shoe horn any of the usual in there before giving Tyler a game, I'm convinced of it.

I've never yet known the world cave in because we handed a young player his debut, in fact they're usually amongst our better performers on the day.

Shame TM doesn't think like that.

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How dare he risk losing possession by shooting from so far out. We'll not see him this season then, he'll be having  that coached out of him and be being taught about not crossing the half way line and keeping the team's shape.

He'll be a wide midfielder who can maybe play number 10 when they've finished with him it seems the way these days they want robots, the winger is dead !

Lose/Lose situation tomorrow. If we win it will be said Wigan are a poor side and that it doesn’t change anything etc. If we lose then this board will cease too exist... Bring it on. 0-0 draw or 1-0 either way. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've never yet known the world cave in because we handed a young player his debut, in fact they're usually amongst our better performers on the day.

Shame TM doesn't think like that.

Ask Stephen bywater how his debut went lol but no can't think of one we have given a debut to who has bombed

I get your point and to be honest at this stage I'm past caring. The season is a complete write off. We've achieved safety and downed tools. Throw him in and see what happens. Keep this place ticking over either way if nothing else

Edited by Oldgregg86

20 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Quotes from Mowbray. We have now entered the Steve Kean zone. Read the last sentence closely.

“Derrick has to be seen as a centre half in this situation. The flexibility he has enables him to play left back, as he did for all of last season,” Mowbray said.

“At this moment he’s very much a centre half in my mind.

“We will put together a team that I believe will be really competitive and we’ll look to be on the front foot, and let’s hope the defenders don’t have much work to do.

Yes Mowbray who has done amazing things for us, versus Steve Kean. They do not even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Chance of postponement if this rain carries on? The roads are horrendous this morning, can't imagine the pitch being in good nick!

Can't see how, unless we've allowed the pitch drainage to go to rack and ruin over the last few years. We've had worse than this over the years and Ewood has usually held up quite well in it.

• Backroom
10 hours ago, Butty said:

Lose/Lose situation tomorrow. If we win it will be said Wigan are a poor side and that it doesn’t change anything etc. If we lose then this board will cease too exist... Bring it on. 0-0 draw or 1-0 either way. 

Not quite, if we win, we still get 3 points.

Yes Wigan are poor and we should be beating them but we still have to do so

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Like what?  Genuine question,  name one amazing thing.

In my lifetime we have won promotion five times, and won three trophies. The other 53 years we didn’t win anything. Trophies were amazing, promotions were wonderful.

If promotion from Div 1 is such a gimme for a club with resources, why aren’t Sunderland 15 points clear in that shitty league?

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

In my lifetime we have won promotion five times, and won three trophies. The other 53 years we didn’t win anything. Trophies were amazing, promotions were wonderful.

If promotion from Div 1 is such a gimme for a club with resources, why aren’t Sunderland 15 points clear in that shitty league?

Ask Sunderland. 

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not quite, if we win, we still get 3 points.

Yes Wigan are poor and we should be beating them but we still have to do so

Tonight Has all the makings of a miserable quiet night at Ewood. Terrible weather, two poor teams. Hopefully rovers can give us something too cheer for the first time in a while, I don’t mind getting pissed wet through if we win 5-0 ? 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Butty said:

Tonight Has all the makings of a miserable quiet night at Ewood. Terrible weather, two poor teams. Hopefully rovers can give us something too cheer for the first time in a while, I don’t mind getting pissed wet through if we win 5-0 ? 

It’ll turn around eventually, we are due a win on one of these miserable midweek nights 

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Like what?  Genuine question,  name one amazing thing.

Unfortunately like you'll see yourself, most supporters are rating managers now on "Is he stealing from the club". You'll also get the "well he got promoted he's brilliant".

He came second in a two teamed league and looked for a time to miss out to Shrewsbury managed by Hurst who very few on here rate.

He lies to supporters saying we need 4/5 transfer windows to improve yet doesn't use them when they come around. 

Can't sort a defence out to save his life and plays a BTEC version of Sam Alardyce football. At least that guy could coach a defence.

4/10 manager for me. Below average and if we had competent owners he'd easily be replaceable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

I also think there will be a really small crowd. Wigan will only bring a few and I think there will be lots of our season ticket holders not bothering.

I think Wigan will be a much tougher proposition that Preston in many respects. I saw them play at Derby last week and they are a big, physical team who play on the edge. It's simple for me. The players and Mowbray need to get it right in terms of tactics and application. A tough one to call but for me it has draw written all over it and maybe a 0-0 at that.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

I also think there will be a really small crowd. Wigan will only bring a few and I think there will be lots of our season ticket holders not bothering.

I think Wigan will be a much tougher proposition that Preston in many respects. I saw them play at Derby last week and they are a big, physical team who play on the edge. It's simple for me. The players and Mowbray need to get it right in terms of tactics and application. A tough one to call but for me it has draw written all over it and maybe a 0-0 at that.

I agree , Wigan are a physical team ...Remember them clattering Rodwell in 1st minute at their place  ?? ...If that had happenend in Prem , he would have been red carded..

11 hours ago, Butty said:

Feck that. We need a win and I'll be happy no mather where we get it from. Being dragged into a relegation fight would be an absolute nightmare 

• Like 1