BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If we weren't to get another point, we should be safe based on that Rotherham and Bolton are both shite.

However we're a bad performance away tonight from the crowd turning on the players and Mowbray. It would've happened Saturday had we not improved second half.

Struggle to see a win here though and we certainly won't be keeping a clean sheet. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I also think there will be a really small crowd. Wigan will only bring a few and I think there will be lots of our season ticket holders not bothering.

I think Wigan will be a much tougher proposition that Preston in many respects. I saw them play at Derby last week and they are a big, physical team who play on the edge. It's simple for me. The players and Mowbray need to get it right in terms of tactics and application. A tough one to call but for me it has draw written all over it and maybe a 0-0 at that.

It’s also on the red button. 

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

If we weren't to get another point, we should be safe based on that Rotherham and Bolton are both shite.

However we're a bad performance away tonight from the crowd turning on the players and Mowbray. It would've happened Saturday had we not improved second half.

Struggle to see a win here though and we certainly won't be keeping a clean sheet. 

We are 250/1 to go down, if you're genuinely of the opinion that we "should be safe" i'd get some money on it.  

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Charlie unfit but still in Scotland squad.  What's going on?

I think the Scottish doctors are allowed to examine him to ensure the injury is legitimate. I also think he has to report for duty so presumably he will be in a car for three hours, ideal for a hamstring strain.

Hopefully they don't shout at him though to make it worse.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Feck that. We need a win and I'll be happy no mather where we get it from. Being dragged into a relegation fight would be an absolute nightmare 

Very true , the sooner we acquire the 2 or 3 points that we need , the better !!

Starting to wish that Mulgrew is one of the first out the door this year. We are meant to have a team of soldiers with a handful of talent. I'd prefer any soldier players to be in defence and central midfield and Mulgrew isn't either.

He's basically doing the role of a rugby penalty kick taker. Can't do anything else. Doesn't have fight, isn't committed, goes missing when needed. He's a piss poor defender who is just as bad as William's and the like.

Only reason he doesn't get slated is because he can score a corner or free kick, yet can't defend. Not a proper player.

Edited by Tom Stinny

Just mentioned our very own stadium manager, john newsham on sky sport news in a discussion about fans running on pitch. Didn't realise he was the chief executive of stewarding in England, he's probably the man behind all these silly kick offs etc.

6 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Can't sort a defence out to save his life and plays a BTEC version of Sam Alardyce football. At least that guy could coach a defence.

Wow, nail on head. 

The myth that TM plays nice football has been stored in legend faux pas with that '£50 war chest' and the Ronaldinho signing.

Strange that 6 weeks ago I felt like the only "Mowbray out" in the world. Now I feel like the momentum has shifted well passed 50%.

Is tonight finally the night the result leads to terrace boos and verbal discontent? The tannoy will already be set to 100% volume in anticipation to protect poor Tony as soon as that whistle blows.

• Like 2

Do stadium managers have agents....

Anyway weather has bucked up a bit and i'm feeling more positive now for some reason although I can't help remembering when Rovers threw Bob Dewhurst in !

Anyone else remember that ?

3 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Starting to wish that Mulgrew is one of the first out the door this year. We are meant to have a team of soldiers with a handful of talent. I'd prefer any soldier players to be in defence and central midfield and Mulgrew isn't either.

He's basically doing the role of a rugby penalty kick taker. Can't do anything else. Doesn't have fight, isn't committed, goes missing when needed. He's a piss poor defender who is just as bad as William's and the like.

Only reason he doesn't get slated is because he can score a corner or free kick, yet can't defend. Not a proper player.

Really? We’ve lost a few matches so the witch-hunt starts. Unbelievable!

Tony's mentality seems to have infected a few around here.

Preston were basically Man City, so I Guess Wigan are Man Utd.

But back to what should be reality. Preston were pretty shit, even the majority of their fans knew they were lucky to get a win at Ewood.

Let's not mess around Wigan are also shit. They don't have the amazing Will Grigg any more (who incidentally costed £2-3 million less than that guy we bought) and they hardly score any goals.

We should win by 2 goals. Even with our crap defence we could get a clean sheet here. 2-0 or 3-1? 2-0 or 3-1? That's the only doubt I have.

A license to print money as the saying goes.