BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nice to be relaxed at the end of a game for a change!

Rothwell impressive again with his cameo. Plays one touch football, pass and move. He’ll make the odd mistake as he’s trying to keep the ball moving, but no worse than the others we play in similar positions. 

I just don’t think Mowbray wants to play him alongside Dack. He doesn’t change from the 1 up front and two out wide, and he doesn’t trust Rothwell wide it seems. 

It's usually our job to let teams shockingly out of form find some again. Wigan were abysmal, but we maybe needed that to stem the tide. 

Magloire didn't do much wrong, but I felt Nyambe held the defence together very well. 

Good night for a change 

• Like 2

Excellent result! Didn't play great, but better than we have recently. Wigan were terrible!

Graham his usual self upfront, Travis good as the game went on. But special mentions for Magloire and Nyambe. Thought they were both excellent tonight. Down to those two that the 3 at the back finally worked.

That pretty much means we can stop looking over our shoulders, so hope to see more of Magloire in the remaining games on tonight's showing, as well as the likes of Rothwell and Brereton.

• Like 2

The perfect cherry on top would be if we got Paul Cock sacked.

They could be level points with the drop zone after tomorrow’s games and they were shite.

Anyone else see him bickering with Powell too? 

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

Switching Conway from left back too right back was the right move he seemed a lot more comfortable there with Nyambe in behind him.. Started the second half slow but as it progressed we took control and could have got more than three in the end.. We looked very shaky and nervy with long balls over the top but it’s too be expected with no aerial presence at the back, fair play though the defence worked very hard. Magloire threw himself about and he can be proud of himself after a clean sheet and 3 points on his debut. I hope he’s buzzing with that, good on him... From where I was sat Powell didn’t look happy with Cook for bringing him off.. Pressure time for the dingle, I hope they go down after giving it the big one last season. They’ve got some tough fixtures too come... Feels great too actually win a game of football again, three points was a must tonight and we delivered. Tough game Saturday at an in form Wednesday. You blues

• Like 1

• Backroom

What a relief

They were abysmal but you can only beat what’s in front of you, really pleased Dack scored his footwork was really good tonight but final shot or pass was woeful you could tell he needed that goal.

A penalty and two calamity defence mix ups but we took advantge, in reality it could have been 6 or 7

Not sure Graham should have been man of the match I would have gone for Nyambe or Magloire I think 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I don’t think Wigan offered much threat at all tbh. They must be the worst team I’ve seen us play this season, along with Ipswich. 

Credit where it’s due though, 3-0 wins are always welcome and we did well to win by that score line. Very happy man this evening!

• Like 1

Happy with the result.

thought Magloire was terrific.

nyambe was also very good.

i really dislike him but I thought Williams was actually not too bad, despite a silly tackle from behind that could’ve been a red. 

Actually thought Conway brought a bit of calm back there too, looked better when bell went off. 

Reed was poor for me.

travis grew as the game went on.

dack was everywhere but how he didn’t score before he did I don’t know. Looks a bit snappy when getting into good positions.

graham showed his experience and scored the chances he got, great servant for us. 

Nuttall just isn’t for me, very weak finish when he should’ve been scoring. Would rather Ben got a chance to build confidence.

mowbray did well with cards he was given albeit a lot of its own his own faults. He might’ve stumbled on a decent centre half like he done with Travis, only getting a chance when no option. Be more bold Tony, let the youngsters loose! Get rid of hacks like Smallwood and Evans 

Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

Great win after predictions of a 4-1 defeat on here.

Anyone else superstitious on here? I lost a Rovers cotton bracelet that my neighbor’s kid made for me. Six weeks ago. She made a new one for me. Sunday. 

The moral of this story is don't ducking lose it again. :brfcsmilie:

• Like 1

Magloire good and loved it at the end, the players to a man congratulated him and he looked absolutely chuffed with himself first pumping all the stands. My MOTM, Graham was pretty average by his standards! 

Definitely shifted to a flat back 4 half way through second half too which nullified them even more, so good from Mowbray.

Dack doesn’t half put a shift in, even if the quality isn’t always there. 

Rothwell must start next game.

Big summer ahead.