BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, JHRover said:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Jump to rules 55.1.1 and 55.1.2 - a standard loan must either be a full season or half a season e.g. the time between two transfer windows. Any recall clause can only be included in a full season standard loan and can only be activated during the winter window.

Bloody hell.  How in light of that could downing be released?

Is that new for this season?

Edited by joey_big_nose

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Bloody hell.  How in light of that could downing be released?

Is that new for this season?

I think they've been changed recently, perhaps following the Watford debacle, and have tightened up the regulations.

Think of the most dour boring team melton Mowbray could put out and then that will probably be pretty close. 

Raya

Nyambe Williams Bell

Bennett Reed Smallwood Evans Conway

Dack

Graham

Team Id like:

Raya

Nyambe  Me  someone else off here Bell

Travis  Reed

Rothwell       Dack         Armstrong

Graham

My back line would be:

Nyambe      Magloire       Travis     Bell

However Mowbray has to get Bennett into the team somewhere so no doubt he will be at right back. And no doubt Williams will play because like with Bennett the manager has blind faith in him. I think Mowbray's back line will be.

Bennett     Nyambe      Williams     Bell

Edited by Ewood Ace

4 minutes ago, Amo said:

Raya

Travis  Nyambe  Williams  Bell

Rothwell  Reed  Evans  Armstrong

Brereton   Graham

Just switch Armstrong and Rothwell and I'm fine with this.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but apart from getting absolutely roasted for the Preston goal on Saturday, Williams was solid enough and Nyambe was probably man of the match. Travis should be given a go at RB. 

Rothwell and Bell have linked up well in the odd occasions they have played together this season, that relationship should be given every chance to florish, which means Conway will be chosen on Tuesday. 

I am all for dropping Dack too.

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

My back line would be:

Nyambe      Magloire       Travis     Bell

However Mowbray has to get Bennett into the team somewhere so no doubt he will be at right back. And no doubt Williams will play because like with Bennett the manager has blind faith in him. I think Mowbray's back line will be.

Bennett     Nyambe      Williams     Bell

This is how the back 4 will lineup. Someone posted an interview of Mowbrays earlier in the thread and he was saying how Del boy will be considered a CB for the time being.

Bennett will be in at right back and most likely to be captain too.

Similar to above, i would personally play:

Raya

Nyambe Magloire Williams Bell

Travis Reed

Rothwell Dack Armstrong 

Brereton

Let's see how Wigan play when they're running backwards towards their own goal instead of dealing with long balls to Graham all game.

However, it will be:

Raya

Bennett Nyambe Williams Bell

Evans/Smallwood Travis

Armstrong Dack Reed

Graham

And come 10pm (more like 8pm) we'll be having deja vu as to why nothing has changed whilst playing 3 attacking players and only 2 in their preferred position against a team somehow worse than us. I give it 20 minutes tomorrow and if we're at 0-0 or worse 1-0 down and playing the same old long balls the boos will start.

Just now, davulsukur said:

This is how the back 4 will lineup. Someone posted an interview of Mowbrays earlier in the thread and he was saying how Del boy will be considered a CB for the time being.

Lord Jesus Christ save us. Was Bennett the one who caught Rothwell shagging TM's missus? Somehow un-droppable despite Roy Cropper being a better right back.

It's interesting that Magliore is going to be on the bench but not considered good/experienced enough to start. It's a bit like a 90% fit player on the bench. In reality an injury in the warm up or early in the game to another player and they have to play. We need centre halves whose stock in trade is to play that position. Nyambe and Williams are full backs (and generally average ones at that) so if we have a natural centre half good enough for the bench then start him. This is a problem of Mowbrays own making.

Allardyce threw Phil Jones in against the likes of Drogba, why the hell can't Mowbray do it against Wigan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It's interesting that Magliore is going to be on the bench but not considered good/experienced enough to start. It's a bit like a 90% fit player on the bench. In reality an injury in the warm up or early in the game to another player and they have to play. We need centre halves whose stock in trade is to play that position. Nyambe and Williams are full backs (and generally average ones at that) so if we have a natural centre half good enough for the bench then start him. This is a problem of Mowbrays own making.

Allardyce threw Phil Jones in against the likes of Drogba, why the hell can't Mowbray do it against Wigan.

Team spirit

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Hadn't thought about the captain bit!

Nails Bennett down even more but in the unlikely event he doesn't play, I'm sure he'd put Conway in at the unfortunate expense of Rochina Rothwell.

He puts his right mid in, takes his right back out, in out in out shakes em all about

He'll play two crappy left backs that's without a doubt

Tony's defensive knockabout

Tooooony's defensive coach is pony

Tooony's defensive coach the phoney

Toooony's defensive coach is pony

January window cop out out out

• Like 1

My team would be

Raya

Trav Nyambe.Williams. Bell

Bennett.  Reed

Rothwell.  Dack.   Armstrong

Graham

With Butterworth on for graham in the second half. If we're struggling down the right swap Reed and Travis over and if we struggle down the left throw biscuits at Tony for not sorting it out sooner

Edited by Oldgregg86

39 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Smallwood

Graham

Arma                      Evans                      Brereton

Raya

Dack

Bennett

Travis

Nyambe

Conway

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Watch, he will get injured playing for the under 23s before he plays for the first team 

If he gets another 90 under his belt tonight he at least deserves a spot on the bench against Sheff Weds

Edited by Ossydave

38 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If he gets another 90 under his belt tonight he at least deserves a spot on the bench against Sheff Weds

It's an odd one. Mowbray has played players with less game time. He really has an odd way of treating certain young players. It's like he protects them to the point where they are ineffective or completely drained of confidence. Or he just calls them out publicly and drops them 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He was quoted today basically saying he needs a full pre season, doubt he’s going to consider him or Davenport this season