BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday away Sat 16th March

I can’t stand Wednesday.

Deludedly “massive” having done nothing for years, and lots of my friends are fans.

I want my friends to be sad.

Visitors should go down Kelham Island/Neepsend and get the tram up. The area is widely regarded as one of the best for “proper” alehouses in the country. The Fat Cat is my favourite. 

A bit closer to the ground (ten minute walk away) is The New Barrack Tavern. Love it here: good food - loads of beers and football focused. Full of friendly Wednesdayites pre-match so don’t be a dick.

The Dinnerlady has shored their team up recently, but every unbeaten run must come to an end...

With the confidence from last night I really think we can beat them.

They really aren’t that good.

Same team as Wigan?

Commence arguing.

• Like 2

• J*B pinned this topic

Sounds like Graham will be rested, so Nuttall upfront I would imagine. 

Not sure if I would leave things the same then though as Graham was key last night, so perhaps something different required. Left back could be problematic if Bell is injured(it could also be problematic if he isnt LOL ) 

Raya

Nyambe Magloire Williams

Bennett                                        Bell

Travis Reed 

Dack

Brereton Nuttall 

Or 

Dack Rothwell

Nuttall 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like Graham will be rested, so Nuttall upfront I would imagine. 

Not sure if I would leave things the same then though as Graham was key last night, so perhaps something different required. Left back could be problematic if Bell is injured(it could also be problematic if he isnt LOL ) 

Raya

Nyambe Magloire Williams

Bennett                                        Bell

Travis Reed 

Dack

Brereton Nuttall 

Or 

Dack Rothwell

Nuttall 

Thought we played better with it on the deck after Graham went off tbh, and that would probably be the best way to approach this... Their defence is good in the air but turns like the titanic and I’m told they are light in midfield.. giving Dack/Travis/Rothwell room to operate.

So how we finished the game last night would be fine for me.

50 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Thought we played better with it on the deck after Graham went off tbh, and that would probably be the best way to approach this... Their defence is good in the air but turns like the titanic and I’m told they are light in midfield.. giving Dack/Travis/Rothwell room to operate.

So how we finished the game last night would be fine for me.

For me, whilst its not necessarily untrue, its incredibly harsh to drop Graham for that reason. It doesnt suit him to constantly hoof it aimlessly in the air and hes far better on the floor than Nuttall, he played a couple of superb passes v Preston and in general he links up better than anyone with Dack. Its up to Mowbray and the rest of the team behind Graham to come up with less brainless tactics to play up to him rather than the lazy and thoughtless lump in the air knowing that he makes treasure out of very little at times with excellent hold up play.

I was really unimpressed by Nuttall last night and find the whole Brereton situation confusing on the back of 3 goals at an admittedly poor level.

Edited by roversfan99

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I was mainly trying to put a positive spin on him potentially being injured ?

I know I was just saying we could play that football with Graham at the heart of it if we chose to.

If hes injured for Saturday then id probably go for a front 3 of Dack and Rothwell behind Armstrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

I can’t stand Wednesday.

Deludedly “massive” having done nothing for years, and lots of my friends are fans.

I want my friends to be sad.

Visitors should go down Kelham Island/Neepsend and get the tram up. The area is widely regarded as one of the best for “proper” alehouses in the country. The Fat Cat is my favourite. 

A bit closer to the ground (ten minute walk away) is The New Barrack Tavern. Love it here: good food - loads of beers and football focused. Full of friendly Wednesdayites pre-match so don’t be a dick.

The Dinnerlady has shored their team up recently, but every unbeaten run must come to an end...

With the confidence from last night I really think we can beat them.

They really aren’t that good.

Same team as Wigan?

Commence arguing.

Train travellers should check out the Sheffield Tap on platform 1 & the Rawson Spring (despite being a Spoons) near the ground is usually full of home & away football fans.

Endorse the Kelham Island love as well for the real ale enthusiasts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I know I was just saying we could play that football with Graham at the heart of it if we chose to.

If hes injured for Saturday then id probably go for a front 3 of Dack and Rothwell behind Armstrong.

Eugh, no. Armstrong has been shown to be a failure in that position time and time again. Has to be Nuttall for me 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Eugh, no. Armstrong has been shown to be a failure in that position time and time again. Has to be Nuttall for me 

Nuttall doesnt look up to the quality required, was really poor when he came on. Surely Brereton has moved up the pecking order without playing?

Ultimately we need a viable alternative to Graham as we dont have one at the moment despite spending 10m on strikers during Mowbrays reign, and Graham has been our player of the season so lets hope hes fit and we dont have this dilemma come Saturday.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Nuttall doesnt look up to the quality required, was really poor when he came on. Surely Brereton has moved up the pecking order without playing?

Ultimately we need a viable alternative to Graham as we dont have one at the moment despite spending 10m on strikers during Mowbrays reign, and Graham has been our player of the season so lets hope hes fit and we dont have this dilemma come Saturday.

Ya, even Brereton. I really don't rate Armstrong up front by himself. I don't think he does enough off the ball and is inconsistent on it 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, even Brereton. I really don't rate Armstrong up front by himself. I don't think he does enough off the ball and is inconsistent on it 

I do like Armstrong, but ultimately I don't think hes been a particularly good signing so far, save for an incredible month in January of course, he has been poor far more often than good.

Plenty to work with, so quick and direct and a good finisher, but his numbers need to improve next year.

• Like 1