BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday away Sat 16th March

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Seems #Rovers have switched to a back four of Nyambe. Magloire, Williams and Bennett. Reed and Rothwell now playing as wide midfielders.

sounds like Mowbray once again having to change shape after 20 mins after getting it wrong 

Maybe Wednesday changed their shape .? 

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray  (24/1/19) told the Lancashire Telegraph: “Where do you get someone who’s better than the four (centre halves) we’ve got and someone who would sit as fifth centre half? That is really difficult"

:rolleyes:

Pleasington?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I’d argue he’s been our best defender recently. 

That says everything.

Unfortunately, Williams, individually, costs us a lot of points. The goal was a good example. 

Whether it's a concentration thing, or just poor awareness or technique, he can be a liability. 

I also don't agree that he has played better than Nyambe recently. 

The only person to blame for our tsunami of away goals conceded, however, is Mowbray. For a capable defender, he has been unable to shore up the poorest away defence in the Division. 

His decision in January that we were well covered in defence, has resulted in a further deterioration in our away performances. Really seems clueless in this Dept.

Still hopeful of sneaking a Hillsborough point tho', we will need 2 goals.

COYB.

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

I can't really see the point in playing Reed any more if we're not planning on signing him.

Our season is over, we should already be thinking about next season.

Don't see the point of playing him out wide, the lad is a centre midfielder. 

All of the above comments have been duplicated during every away game this season.

I want Mowbray to stay, but I really think his Managerial approach is based on passion, tenacity, spirit, and tactical knowledge and experience picked up 20 years ago. 

One or two good signings and impressive, if limited, man management skills just about keep him hanging in there in this solid division. 

Come on, Bradley!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Unlucky not to be 1-1. Good move. Taking too many touches in the final 3rd. 

It's surprising how many professional footballers can't actually kick the ball properly.

I've noticed Dack is yet another that seems to have a sidefoot marshmallow foot