BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday away Sat 16th March

Disgusted....woeful. I have MUCH time for Mowbray the man...little if any for Mowbray the manager. We do need to make a change and, soon. When Souness came in late in his season he saw the problems and addressed them ...set up up for the challenge for the following season. ....Mowbray will never address the problems as he simply doesn’t know what they are. 

Damian Johnson , if not an outside appointment, could at least stop the rot. Tony did  the did the right thing at Coventry....he walked....he needs to walk again . 

Positives from this game.

- Rothwell needs to start, at least he tries to make things happen. A few good runs today, has pace, one assist. Best Rovers player on the pitch.

- Buckley looks promising and composed in midfield in the short cameo. Need to buff up though.

- Travis certainly has the energy, puts himself to win balls back but also guilty of stray passes. Definitely ahead of Smallwood and Evans

- Conway still looks like he can offer something from the bench

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Though not certain would make much difference - everyone seems to forget we have our three first choice centre backs out injured - against a team that is renowned for its power in the air.

And two of them are midfielders ?

36 minutes ago, Stuart said:

:lol: “

:unsure:

All I can say is thank goodness for Rotherham. Because at this rate we will finish below Wigan.

I think we should be indebted to our old mate Paul Cook that came to Ewood with a thoroughly negative mindset and one eye on their shoe-in Homer against Bolton.

Had they even tried to attack we might have struggled on Tuesday.

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me today. Absolutely fucking pathetic, again. 

Mowbray out, break the bank for Jokanovic before he goes to West Brom.

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It feels like we are snookered as supporters - Mowbray deserves SOME credit for making us respectable again in comparison to where the hell we were heading to a couple of years ago, but I'm really beginning to think that he's off his trolley with his formations, team selections, and more prominently now, the motivation of the team.

But back to your question... Steve Waggott? The guy who Mowbray seemingly appointed? It's yet another cosy club forming inside the halls of Ewood, just with more relatable people. The owners are perhaps more switched on than previously, but they are STILL aloof to the club. The owners have to have their fingers in the pie, and they don't. Rovers are always going to be an afterthought for as long as they are here. And yet we seem to need the money to stay afloat.

Urgh. I have no idea what to think at the moment. But our good friend Mr. Beer is on hand for Saturdays like this. ?

He's been given the credit, he was given the time to get us back out of the league after overseeing us go down. That was then and this is now and unfortunately his decision making is beyond shocking. We all watch Joe Rothwell for 15 minutes a game every other week and can all see he's out best player... He watches him every bloody day and can't see it! 

If a manager like Jokanovic is available then you don't mess about. He's clearly a better manager than the one we have. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Positives from this game.

- Rothwell needs to start, at least he tries to make things happen. A few good runs today, has pace, one assist. Best Rovers player on the pitch.

- Buckley looks promising and composed in midfield in the short cameo. Need to buff up though.

- Travis certainly has the energy, puts himself to win balls back but also guilty of stray passes. Definitely ahead of Smallwood and Evans

- Conway still looks like he can offer something from the bench

No diresepct but that's a pretty old fashioned way of looking at the modern day player. Would you say the same of Kante, Coutinho, Bernardo/David Silva, Iniesta and Xavi?

10 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

But back to your question... Steve Waggott? The guy who Mowbray seemingly appointed? It's yet another cosy club forming inside the halls of Ewood, just with more relatable people. The owners are perhaps more switched on than previously, but they are STILL aloof to the club. 

Pretty much my thinking too. I just can't see any way Waggott will sack his long-term friend. The man who got him the role. A problem many highlighted at the time. Hence me asking. Likewise I simply don't see Tony walking while we still remain in the Championship. I get the frustration and Tony does seem to be slowly unravelling, but I just can't see a scenario where we have a new manager before the start of next season. This familiar problem won't go away under the current ownership. 

13 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It feels like we are snookered as supporters - Mowbray deserves SOME credit for making us respectable again in comparison to where the hell we were heading to a couple of years ago,

I think we are heading the same way now.

This team is worse than the one he inherited despite the money he has spent. 4 points from 27 ( probably 4 from 30 after Villa ) seems to prove that.

Just now, Doaksie said:

Pretty much my thinking too. I just can't see any way Waggott will sack his long-term friend. The man who got him the role. A problem many highlighted at the time. Hence me asking. Likewise I simply don't see Tony walking while we still remain in the Championship. I get the frustration and Tony does seem to be slowly unravelling, but I just can't see a scenario where we have a new manager before the start of next season. This familiar problem won't go away under the current ownership. 

Maybe, just maybe, he will walk if Villa put 7 or 8 past us ?

I'd say we would be odds on favourites for the drop next season unless the manger and half the squad are replaced.

Johnson until the end of the season and blood in some U23s and see if any can be assets for next year. 

Dropping like a stone. Thank God for a good January sandwiched between long spells of shite .  We'd be for the drop if not for that. 

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

No diresepct but that's a pretty old fashioned way of looking at the modern day player. Would you say the same of Kante, Coutinho, Bernardo/David Silva, Iniesta and Xavi?

They all need to buff up. Jason Roberts style.