BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday away Sat 16th March

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Neil Yardley on comms summed up the Rovers set up perfectly for me.

When Rothwell got taken out by an horrendous tackle, our players didn’t bat an eyelid and just ambled back into position.

Yardley:

’Most sides would’ve been backing up their team mate, getting in his face. Far too soft this lot’.

Follows on from the naive nonsense kicking the ball out last week.

This is pro football and we are in an relentless league. Need to get real.

That is down to the manager. These players are no longer fighting for each other and haven’t been for a while. Was the January bounce a set of shop window performances? Does Mowbray still have the players on his side?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Noticed that TM’s latest player dig was at Rothwell (Radio Lancs interview post match). Not for his performance today but still - why the heck did he need to give him a public rollicking when he was probably our best player today?

So that’s now Raya and Rothwell, all while the likes of Del Williams keep getting a pat on the back. 

Wow. Mowbray has no shame. 

4 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

Tony having a go at Rothwell on Radio Lancashier but Williams doesn't  get a mention  what a poor player this guy his if he still here next season i'm worried for us. Evans, Smallwood , Conway must go aswell we need two or three big strong center halves and a left and right back going forward where not that far off  we can score goals

He’s blaming Rothwell?

If I was him I’d be on the phone to my agent this evening.

Our plight is firmly down to Mowbray not putting right our defensive fragility in January.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Straw that broke the camel's back?  You've been posting this stuff for months.

Horse shit. First time I've publicly said I don't back the manager.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Wow. Mowbray has no shame. 

Yep. Called him a kid, basically said he can’t be trusted and brushed off Bayes’ optimism about him!!!

Just seen the goals. Christ on a bike. The lack of marking. Most galling is the players’ reactions to conceding each time. Heads down, shoulders slumped. Watch Bennett’s for their second (believe it’s the second). He’s the captain for feck sake!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

And that's nothing to do with the quality of the squad - that's to do with the manager.

I'm more worried about next season than this season at this rate.

As we all are! Even Mercer could predict a nailed on relegation for next season unless serious changes are made in the summer.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Thought his interview seemed very angry and quite rude at times in his snaps at Bayes. Sounds under pressure 

And so he feckin should be under pressure.

Could have gone today on a freebie but said 'no thanks' - Just spoke with a friend on the way back from Sheffield who offered the freebie and he said he's now finished with Rovers until Mowbray's gone!

To me, in footballing terms, we are as bad as we were under Kean and C o y l e y. 

• Like 1

I don't think the not backing up of team mates is anything untoward I think it's just a sign of the times. Nowt to play for so won't lose my place, seasons over we're just going through the motions it doesn't really matter so just get on with it why get worked up type thing

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Raya is supposed to be this highly rated young keeper except really he was only highly rated by a handful who watched him in our development squad and that when they weren't all that good so it didn't take much to stand out.

Still young and learning on the job - something else that adds to make this team so weak at the back - however he lacks all the basic good fundamentals that make a highly rated young keeper apart from cat like reflexes and that doesn't on its own.

David James was highly rated as a youngster and he stood out a mile he didn't make these kind of bi weekly gaffs nor did Hart they just got exposed at top level. All those times training with Steele seem to have left their mark this lad is no better than Clint was.

Just a thought...I haven't checked that stats, but my feeling is that Raya will be the fourth goalkeeper, who has gone from good/OK with a great future to absolute crap, in the longstanding context of soft centred, poor defending?

• Like 3

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Just a thought...I haven't checked that stats, but my feeling is that Raya will be the fourth goalkeeper, who has gone from good/OK with a great future to absolute crap, in the longstanding context of soft centred, poor defending?

Yep like those before him he's working behind a pic and mix mish mash when in reality a manager wanting to build a good solid team his two centre backs and keeper are the first names on the team sheet every week and only changed when absolutely essential. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Or just try Leutweiller...? Mowbray must really think he's shite, 

I can only think Moobs must have seen past footage of Leutwiler playing for the Under 17s . .. . .

Edited by Husky

• Moderation Lead

If he’s had a do at Rothwell, that’s absolutely pathetic. 

If I were Rothwell, I’d be looking for a new club. He’s been treated terribly, seemingly for the crime of wanting to drive forwards. The humanity...

5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Not quite as bad re Rothwell second time around listening but IMO his digs need to be aimed elsewhere. How some of our ‘men’ have been getting away with it I do not know.