BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday away Sat 16th March

4 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Disgraceful. Ok, he was asked the question about Rothwell and he was stressed but to criticise our most gifted attacking player like that is unforgivable. He’s a man under pressure that’s for sure. Is that one win in 9 now? And with Villa and Stoke to come.

Whilst Mowbray hides behind his defensive injuries and mentions players coming back, its important to remember that we had the same debate a couple of weeks ago when 2 of his 3 injured "centre backs" in Rodwell and Mulgrew also proved incapable of defending crosses.

His recruitment with over 12m and 4 windows has left us still with one defender capable of heading a ball. Unacceptable.

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Disgraceful. Ok, he was asked the question about Rothwell and he was stressed but to criticise our most gifted attacking player like that is unforgivable. He’s a man under pressure that’s for sure. Is that one win in 9 now? And with Villa and Stoke to come.

Sounds like he thinks Rothwell has gone backwards from the time we signed him after chasing him for so long?

Joe was a thorn in our side. He was picking the ball up and travelling with it. He travels with the ball very well and is a good athlete. He’s the type I like to add to the team. “He’s almost an inverted winger and if there are times where we are defending deep then we know Joe can carry the ball 50 or 60 yards and do it pretty quickly."
“He’s a young player with lots of development in him and one who will improve as time goes on. I’m conscious that when we sign young players like Joe Rothwell that there’s not too much of a burden put on them," Tony added.
Edited by perthblue02

Just seen the highlights.

League one defending and it's all come about because of Mowbray and his awful effort in the transfer market.

£7m on BB and £1.5m on Arma, 2 total waste of transfer fees, when money was needed for other areas of the pitch.

Raya has turned into an awful keeper and needs dropping and replacing in the summer.

I quite like the way we are trying to play, but the defence has to be sorted out. We were lucky not to be three down at half time, all coming from poor defending. We then  get back into the game, then again gift them goals with, not even pub level defending. If Tony Mowbray does not sign two center halves and two full backs in the summer, questions have got to be asked as to his competency. 

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

I'm too apathetic to say Mowbray out. Whomever we get in next week be u just as bad, or even worse. 

This. 

Who the f8ck is coming in to replace him? 

It's beyond depressing. Absolute vermin have destroyed us. I just hope the money they are haemorrhaging on us hurts before they eventually get rid and that it happens whilst I still care. 

• Like 1

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Sounds like he thinks Rothwell has gone backwards from the time we signed him after chasing him for so long?

Joe was a thorn in our side. He was picking the ball up and travelling with it. He travels with the ball very well and is a good athlete. He’s the type I like to add to the team.
“He’s almost an inverted winger and if there are times where we are defending deep then we know Joe can carry the ball 50 or 60 yards and do it pretty quickly."

Quite obviously a player Mowbray wanted - despite the attempts by some to deflect responsibility:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I thought we played quite well today offensively and under normal circumstances scoring two goals should get you at least a point but once again defensive errors cost us massively. To describe them as schoolboy errors would be a huge injustice to schoolboy footballers. My patience has completely gone with Raya who I don't think has the fundamentals of goalkeeping and simply is responsible for too many goals conceded. He does the difficult things comfortably but some of his basic goalkeeping is shocking. I would bench him for the rest of the season and sell him on in the summer. Our full backs today hardly stopped a cross coming in and that's dangerous when the centre halves can't head it (Magloire excepted) or defend pathetically. 

I haven't heard Mowbrays interview but read he criticised Joe Rothwell. He was the player who excited me today going forward. He was a breath of fresh air and I really think Mowbray could be losing the plot as his recent interviews are all over the place. He needs to look at himself as much as his awful defenders.

I suppose the big question is would anyone trust Mowbray to rebuild the squad given that the bulk of his signings have been poor and some players who I thought would push on this season have regressed.

• Like 2

Agree with arbitro in that I thought we actually played quite well today.  No excuse for Raya and the last goal and the lad could do with a break.  I thought young Tyler worked hard but it was a big ask for a young lad to try and hold the line when those around him were all over the place defensively.

I've listened to Mowbray's interview on Rothwell and, to a certain extent, can see where he is coming from.  He did some great stuff and some stuff that was a bit like a youngster in trying to beat one too many instead of making a simple pass.  Mowbray describes him as a work in progress and I think that's probably right.  He has the potential to be a major player for this club if he develops the weaker points of his game.

Pleased to see Buckley play today - particularly after another impressive performance last night.  I thought he did very well and certainly didn't look out of place at this level.

Hopefully, we'll see one or two more youngsters being brought in - surely Charley Doyle and Danny Butterworth can't be too far away.

It will be a big summer for Mowbray to get rid of some of those surplus to requirements and bring in some new blood.  Much will depend on the budget he is given.

• Like 5

I will go along with Parson and Arbitro and say we played some really good stuff today, so Mowbrays temper in the interview was a bit strange. Joe Rothwell is the last person he should be targeting after that, first name on the team sheet the rest of the season for me.

Sheff Wed were dire save for a 15 min spell in the first half when they could have scored a barrel load. They won’t have won an easier/luckier game all year.

I am not surprised by the game today, nothing has really changed:

Raya needs to be replaced

Williams should be fired

Magloire icant head it, and we are desperate for a headerer

Nyambe, all over the pitch as usual. Will look 10x better next to two real centre halfs.

Bennett is a hurrendous footballer at this level, wherever he plays.

Evans, total useless passenger as usual.

Reed I just can’t be arsed with anymore, and I’m not sure he can be arsed with us. Was an odd sub today, assuming injury. Over runs everything.

Travis was good again

Dack looked interested, played okay the day

Rothwell, man of the match, some things didn’t come off but I don’t care.

Graham did okay, ideally would have came off the bench today.

Conway, good finish. Shouldn’t be here next year

Armstrong, did okay.

Buckley, was very good, tidy on the ball, turn upfield and drove forward a few times ala Travis. Mowbray will have that out of him soon enough though. Can do everything Evans can do and more.

Im really not that upset tonight, we have 3 centre halfs out, and Mowbray ballsed up January, we all know this. I was pleased to see the young guys starting to come in. Hopefully JRC and Butterworth are next!

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This. 

Who the f8ck is coming in to replace him? 

It's beyond depressing. Absolute vermin have destroyed us. I just hope the money they are haemorrhaging on us hurts before they eventually get rid and that it happens whilst I still care. 

£££  It doesn't and it won't now it's not 25mill+ losses every season pretty sure they bought it knowing and prepared for it being a loss leader though obviously not to the levels it became once the snakes got to work.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

It will be a big summer for Mowbray to get rid of some of those surplus to requirements and bring in some new blood.  Much will depend on the budget he is given.

Much will depend on where he spends it, if he gets it. 2 terrific centre-backs or 1 Brereton?

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I sat there wishing I was an owl, so I could turn my head all the way round and not look at that shower of shite on the pitch. 

Only positive is magloire and buckley got some game time.

Same predictable shite served up week after week.

Have the away fans turned on the manager yet? 

47 minutes ago, 47er said:

Much will depend on where he spends it, if he gets it. 2 terrific centre-backs or 1 Brereton?

He has money in the bank already by not spending January. Not sure Bauer is the answer at Centre back. We need someone who has been around the block in the championship at least. 

40 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Have the away fans turned on the manager yet? 

No - fans were singing as usual.  I would say the majority of fans are still behind him.  I suspect the summer transfers and the early months of next season will be the make or break point.  I think most fans realise that he tried to be loyal to last season's players - perhaps too loyal in some cases - but that he realises that changes are needed and are prepared to see what he does.  He is saying the right things in terms of what we need but it is now up to him to go out and get them - provided the owners give him the required budget.

• Like 1