BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday away Sat 16th March

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Agree with arbitro in that I thought we actually played quite well today.  No excuse for Raya and the last goal and the lad could do with a break.  I thought young Tyler worked hard but it was a big ask for a young lad to try and hold the line when those around him were all over the place defensively.

I've listened to Mowbray's interview on Rothwell and, to a certain extent, can see where he is coming from.  He did some great stuff and some stuff that was a bit like a youngster in trying to beat one too many instead of making a simple pass.  Mowbray describes him as a work in progress and I think that's probably right.  He has the potential to be a major player for this club if he develops the weaker points of his game.

Pleased to see Buckley play today - particularly after another impressive performance last night.  I thought he did very well and certainly didn't look out of place at this level.

Hopefully, we'll see one or two more youngsters being brought in - surely Charley Doyle and Danny Butterworth can't be too far away.

It will be a big summer for Mowbray to get rid of some of those surplus to requirements and bring in some new blood.  Much will depend on the budget he is given.

To come out and single out, Rothwell, is a disgrace when shithouses such as Mulgrew, Bennett, Williams and Evans, have been absolutely shite all season, as well as his two big signings Armstrong and Brereton, who are both underwhelming.

• Like 3

Another poopy performance. To be fair I thought we looked good going forward at times, and with Rothwell in the mix perhaps we have two game changers on the field at once.  Not sure if he has ruffled the feathers within the Ewood Park brotherhood.  But if he has he better kiss and make up as he was a wee bit fancy out there.  I was listening to Sheffield Wednesday (uber biased commentary) and they liked the look of Rothwell.

Once I know we are secure for next season I will like Mowbray to become the tinker man, play some more kids, give Rothwell a go, perhaps even the Mountie between the sticks.  Different formation, perhaps Rodwell in midfield, see what we have under the hood. Our league 1 formation did us well for so long, now lets mix it up a bit.

Thoughts from the fans, the gaffa and more. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Honest appraisal, first twenty we should have been out of sight but our goal did come from an error however we hit the woodwork and a couple of decent blocks kept it tight.

Second half you came out looking dangerous however switched off from a set piece and Nuhiu made it a little more comfy.

Poor defending and nice move reduced the arrears but again you didn't deal with a simple ball and it's 3-1. Raya at fault for fourth then another well worked goal and at 4-2 more pressure, the blazing miss early in stoppage killed your remote chance.

Fair play to the 800 or so, quite vocal at times.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

No - fans were singing as usual.  I would say the majority of fans are still behind him.  I suspect the summer transfers and the early months of next season will be the make or break point.  I think most fans realise that he tried to be loyal to last season's players - perhaps too loyal in some cases - but that he realises that changes are needed and are prepared to see what he does.  He is saying the right things in terms of what we need but it is now up to him to go out and get them - provided the owners give him the required budget.

I'm sorry but I think this is b o l l o c k s.

He spent £10m+ in the summer on Brereton, Armstrong, Rothwell and Davenport.  Not one is a regular let alone improved our team.

Why on earth should we trust Mowbray with a penny more?

We are going backwards and it's time you smelt the coffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

No - fans were singing as usual.  I would say the majority of fans are still behind him.  I suspect the summer transfers and the early months of next season will be the make or break point.  I think most fans realise that he tried to be loyal to last season's players - perhaps too loyal in some cases - but that he realises that changes are needed and are prepared to see what he does.  He is saying the right things in terms of what we need but it is now up to him to go out and get them - provided the owners give him the required budget.

You touch on his main flaw being over-loyalty to those players we had in League 1. Sorry but that doesnt cover an inability to add any defenders or improve our defence with over 12m and over windows. Whilst blowing much on a striker he never plays. Our defence is the main reason for our demise, and there arent any excuses or reasons for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

It was only a 2 months ago he was saying it would be hard to find better CH's than we have now. He's now saying they are all shit basically.

His comments on recruitment are bizarre - they've gone from 'no more excuses the recruitment dept is firing on all cylinders' in December to 'we've no foreign scouts' in Feb. 

If anyone is building their hopes on what comes out of his mouth then God help them. Mowbray is serial bullshitter. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'm sorry but I think this is b o l l o c k s.

He spent £10m+ in the summer on Brereton, Armstrong, Rothwell and Davenport.  Not one is a regular let alone improved our team.

Why on earth should we trust Mowbray with a penny more?

We are going backwards and it's time you smelt the coffee.

No he fucking hadn't spent that on Brereton, I really, really wish we'd disclose the actual details of that deal. 

Sounds like you lost on your bets again, Wendy win btts was a banker yesterday 

7 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

The figures are irrelevant though Dave. His point is valid. Magloire starts again, Buckley went on for his debut, £xm man who was a Tony Mowbray signing doesn't get off the bench, again.

He is 19. Yes 19 years old ffs. 

Hell of a lot of players at 19/20 are making a name for themselves in this league and are regular starters.

Very few clubs at this level, if any, are spending big money on ‘development projects’ that aren’t getting a sniff of pitch time for the first team, that’s normally the operation of clubs like Man City.

Beyond bizarre signing whichever way you dress it up.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Another stick to beat our beleaguered manager with is the number of early goals we are conceding and how slow we are starting games. Even the game against Wigan showed a lack of intensity early on. I think it's a by product of the weak mentality that Mowbray has running through his team. One of his favourite phrases is having a balance of 'soldiers and artists' but the collection of players he has put together, with a few exceptions, doesn't appear to have many. 

BB is 20 in a few weeks.

James at Swansea just turned 21. Same age as Tammy Abraham .

Leeds have them sprinkled through the team.

Clubs like us don’t buy ‘development players’ for big money. Too much of a risk due to the fact many young lads just don’t kick on, which is fine for Man City, a disaster for us. 

Name me another player being bought for big money to ‘develop’ in the U23s anywhere else in this league?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He is 19. Yes 19 years old ffs. 

19 year olds who are signed for millions of pounds come with greater expectations that a lad who cost nothing but a development wage.

Citing his age is just an excuse. Footballers are starting younger and younger.

In any case, the money spent on Brereton was needed elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Hell fire people STILL harping on about the big money we've spent when you don't actually know the terms of the deal! 

Well as you seem to know, do tell...

What kind of a club/manager would allow the pressure of a ridiculous transfer fee to be heaped onto a “young lad” if it really wasn’t the case?

14 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

What's his problem with Rothwell? The man hasn't a clue. Give the lad some credit for f*ck sake. You picked him, he was clearly the best man on the pitch. If everyone can see it and you can't then we have our answer about what type of players you want at this club. 

11 Richie Smallwood's will get you no where Tony... Except straight to the dole queue. 

• Like 3

The Rothwell part was just unnecessary. 

All he needed to say: ‘Work in progress. Lots he needs to work on, but loads of talent’  etc etc.

Just leave it there, the ‘little boy’ stuff, when you have a defence that doesn’t tackle or head a ball was below the belt for me.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Agree with arbitro in that I thought we actually played quite well today.  No excuse for Raya and the last goal and the lad could do with a break.  I thought young Tyler worked hard but it was a big ask for a young lad to try and hold the line when those around him were all over the place defensively.

I've listened to Mowbray's interview on Rothwell and, to a certain extent, can see where he is coming from.  He did some great stuff and some stuff that was a bit like a youngster in trying to beat one too many instead of making a simple pass.  Mowbray describes him as a work in progress and I think that's probably right.  He has the potential to be a major player for this club if he develops the weaker points of his game.

Pleased to see Buckley play today - particularly after another impressive performance last night.  I thought he did very well and certainly didn't look out of place at this level.

Hopefully, we'll see one or two more youngsters being brought in - surely Charley Doyle and Danny Butterworth can't be too far away.

It will be a big summer for Mowbray to get rid of some of those surplus to requirements and bring in some new blood.  Much will depend on the budget he is given.

Or he is simply trying to create and make things happen. I've seen it before with Josh King. Bowyer wasted him away on the bench only for him to simply move to another club under a better manager and perform. 

I genuinely think he's just on another level of thinking than the rest of the players around him. Would TM accuse other more well known footballers at  bigger clubs of being like "little kids" for expressing themselves? 

Why has he not said the same about Dack? That fella's first touch was bloody awful yesterday. Trying to beat the man before he'd even touched the ball. 

He's talking absolute cobblers. 

Edited by Neal

I am astounded my TM comments targeting Joe Rothwell man of ther match for me yesterday,only one of three players that can actualy see a pass in the Rovers team at the moment.....He is one step ahead of half his team mates when he picks the ball up ,i also watched his tracking yestrday and that as improved from all the times i have seen him play..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

No problem with TM's interview.  We all know we have problems in defence, caused by multiple injuries.  A few weeks ago we were brilliant, winning with ease.  These things happen in football.

Nah. We were getting tonked when we didn't have multiple defensive injuries. 

• Like 1