BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

At last someone with a bit of thought, again irrelevant of the appointment, Coyle gone so lets slag off the new guy,  

This has been going on for 7yrs Pete, if you don't get it now you never will.

I'm all for supporting the new manager, but lets face it, its another disastrous appointment for a shambles of a club heading into league 1 and administration. 

But hey, support your club :rolleyes:

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

Wouldn't go that far. Neither Dunn or Lowe were involved in the first team.

They still watch most of the games though, and will be around Brockhall enough to know what's going on. An entirely new backroom staff would inevitably take more time to understand the deficiencies in the squad.

Just now, Phil T said:

What did Berg say about the Rovers managerial position before he took it?

It just goes to show that they're all the same. They'll say something that's probably moral and right, then throw it out the window when they're shown the money.

By the same measure, we fans are all the same. If results start going well, we'll forget he ever said it. Welcome to football.

I know what he said afterwards, bunch of crooks, ended up in the high court. 

Just now, Gav said:

This has been going on for 7yrs Pete, if you don't get it now you never will.

I'm all for supporting the new manager, but lets face it, its another disastrous appointment for a shambles of a club heading into league 1 and administration. 

But hey, support your club :rolleyes:

League 1 certainly, administration? Just can't see it...

• Backroom

Well when all is said and done this is the last throw of the dice for this season.

I'll be behind him till he gives reason not to be and a win on Friday and everything may look a lot different.

100% not the man I would have gone for but we were certain for the drop with Coyle anyway 

• Like 8

• Backroom
Just now, chor808 said:

Any positives at all, 'he's not Kean'? Come on there must be someone that can tell us something good about him.

He's not Coyle either? I don't know, it's pretty slim pickings. Got promoted with WBA in 2008 but they were relegated the following season. Sacked after nine months at Celtic. Joined Boro in 2010 when they were in a bit of bother and got them out of danger, eventually sacked at the start of the 13-14 season after a poor start. Joined Coventry at the end of the 14-15 season and kept them up, but was sacked in Sep 16 after a poor run of form.

Basically, he has a couple of great escapes on his CV and a promotion to the PL 8 years ago. 

With all that said, as long as Venky's and/or unnamed others are here we are screwed regardless of manager... so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray seems like a great man and top bloke, but for us now on an 18 month contract is an absolutey baffling appointment. 

I wonder what the players are saying about this. 

They are probably planning the day out at Lostock Hall,

Oh wait mo, its us supporters that have suffer that ceremony 

Just now, chor808 said:

Any positives at all, 'he's not Kean'? Come on there must be someone that can tell us something good about him.

He was a defender - Rovers defence needs sorting out.

He brought Marvin Emes into the Boro squad.

He is not Kean, Not coyle.

One of a few idiots willing to work under those ruining the club.

Having Dunn in the management team, hopefully will be good for both Rovers and Dunn.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

He's not Coyle either? I don't know, it's pretty slim pickings. Got promoted with WBA in 2008 but they were relegated the following season. Sacked after nine months at Celtic. Joined Boro in 2010 when they were in a bit of bother and got them out of danger, eventually sacked at the start of the 13-14 season after a poor start. Joined Coventry at the end of the 14-15 season and kept them up, but was sacked in Sep 16 after a poor run of form.

Basically, he has a couple of great escapes on his CV and a promotion to the PL 8 years ago. 

With all that said, as long as Venky's and/or unnamed others are here we are screwed regardless of manager... so it doesn't really matter.

That is why I don't get the 18 month contract. 

Well I guess we can moan and groan all we like but until the Vs go, we have to seek solace in the fact that the dingledosser has gone and any coach with any reasonable quality should be able to scrape the points necessary. Put round pegs in round holes, coach the defence on defending and the midfield to protect and hey ho, turn losses into draws and draws into wins.

Can't understand why anyone is surprised!

Senior was always going to do it on the cheap (and that's the key here) as somebody has already posted - anybody with any credibility or sense will have told Senior and train wreck Rovers to fook off

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting? Ferguson to come out of retirement? Dalglish or Souness to come back and save the day?

Regardless of who became manager, with no financial backing from the owners, we are pretty much up that well known creek. We are going to spiral further until these idiots sell up and we get someone who understands what running a football club entails. Until that day, we will continue to hire and fire the likes of Coyle & Mowbray etc. What is the incentive for any manager to come here and work for these people.

In Jack Walker, we had one of the best owners of that era. Somebody who cared deeply about the club. Someone who backed the manager in every way. An era where football clubs were owned by fans of football.

Sad times. Last game I went to was Crystal Palace away when Henning Berg took over. I vowed way back then that I would not spend another penny on any tickets or merchandise as I refuse to make these @#/?s a penny richer. If I get slated for that, I don't care. When Venkys are gone, I will return

• Like 4