BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, OJRovers said:

Worrying that he hasn't brought in his own staff.

Tried this with Berg and it was a disaster.

Obviously the cheap option.

Fingers crossed he doesn't praise the owners and lie in his first interview like Coyle.

Im underwhelmed but will give him a chance.

I think he's had Mark Venus a couple of times with him .. Ipswich and Covnetry spring to mind , so IF he is still he next season i wouldnt be surprised if he turned up here

Just now, Phil T said:

Paul Ince. Steve Kean. Owen Coyle.

What SHOULD be a positive is that the incumbent is pragmatic enough to know what needs to be done with the resources he has. We used to have managers like that. This "tries to play attractive football" talk is nonsense at the end of the day. You play to your resources strengths and do your homework on your opponents. That is all the matters.

Results should matter most not the style especially when you are fighting relegation. Don't care if the goals go off someone's backside into the net after a goaline scuffle as long as they get the three points.

• Like 1

It seems that I am in the minority here but I think under the catastrophic circumstances our club are in, this is not too bad an appointment.

I think it gives us a better chance of surviving than we had a couple of days ago. Even if Mowbray gets an initial response and positive results for the next few games, that may be enough to save us.

A good guy and hope he proves his doubters wrong.

Just pleased I won't have to listen to motormouth babbling on anymore.

• Like 8

Just now, Stonesrick said:

It seems that I am in the minority here but I think under the catastrophic circumstances our club are in, this is not too bad an appointment.

I think it gives us a better chance of surviving than we had a couple of days ago. Even if Mowbray gets an initial response and positive results for the next few games, that may be enough to save us.

A good guy and hope he proves his doubters wrong.

Just pleased I won't have to listen to motormouth babbling on anymore.

This is the conculsion I am coming to.

• Like 1

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Mowbray at Coventry 2014/15

Went in with 14 games to go. Aim - To keep them up.

P14 W5 D4 L5 Pts 19

4 Clean Sheets

4 of 5 victories away from home.

Lets say with the added game for Rovers he ends

P15 W5 D5 L5 Pts 20

Would 49 points keep us up?

If you consider the average points in the championship for the last 3 years, Yes but barely so.

After the intial WTF moment and considering our situation it could have been worse.

It's good to read fan views from Coventry and Middlesborough, he's clearly well liked. He's had some ups and downs, win percentage is okay. Let's hope we have the new manager (head coach) bounce and manage to win a few games.

At least he's not a bell end like chimp head.

• Like 2

Can anyone imagine coil or kean coming out with this:

"The table doesn't lie," Mowbray, 52, told BBC Sport, following Wednesday's 2-2 home draw with AFC Wimbledon, which proved his final game in charge.

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy."

Mowbray, who had City at the top of the table just 10 months ago, told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire: "I won't be a burden to this club. I know this club needs every penny.

"I see some shoots of hope. The players work extremely hard, but it's a man's game," added the Yorkshireman. "They're babies in a man's league.

"I probably let them down by not getting in the big 6ft 4in centre-half we were after, who could have been a man and help us keep clean sheets.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Interesting.

Was expecting plenty of 'LOLs' 'and God help them' and such like, but seemed to be well thought of (ish)

Right, need to get some new straws...

Some saying the championship is his level. Would have him back etc. Even though they went on a 10 match without a win.

I think having Lowe and Dunn as part of the management team will be beneficial.

Yesterday Rovers were going down - today they have a 'better' chance of staying up.

New manager boost - he is in the chair, fans should get behind him, even if he wasn't the ideal choice.

Staying up is more important than who does it.

• Like 2

P14 W5 D4 L5 Pts 19

4 Clean Sheets

P15 W5 D5 L5 Pts 20

Good call.. He needs the bounce factor without a doubt 

P14 W5 D4 L5 Pts 19

4 Clean Sheets

P15 W5 D5 L5 Pts 20

Definitely. Anything over 45 would probably do it.

Not inspiring in any shape but did we really expect anything else ? We are now n the market for ex Coventry managers which shows just how serious things are. He'll be cheap as chips and appointing rookie backroom staff from within is just another cost cutting measure. 

Coyle & co were probably on rolling contracts so terminating them before possibly the next one kicks in would be seen as saving money long term.

Always quite liked Mowbray and at least he's experienced if not inspiring and yet again someone like him at the beginning of the season would have yielded more points than Owen 'back door open' Coyle by now, dull as it may have been.

Just now, chor808 said:

Can anyone imagine coil or kean coming out with this:

"The table doesn't lie," Mowbray, 52, told BBC Sport, following Wednesday's 2-2 home draw with AFC Wimbledon, which proved his final game in charge.

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy."

Mowbray, who had City at the top of the table just 10 months ago, told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire: "I won't be a burden to this club. I know this club needs every penny.

"I see some shoots of hope. The players work extremely hard, but it's a man's game," added the Yorkshireman. "They're babies in a man's league.

"I probably let them down by not getting in the big 6ft 4in centre-half we were after, who could have been a man and help us keep clean sheets.

Maybe he can persuade Venkys to @#/? off then