BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

5 hours ago, 47er said:

This would be my worry too---a disconnect between Senior and Mowbray over signings in summer. Of course that assumes a)Mowbray lasts till summer, the Club lasts till summer and c) whether we actually make any signings.

If Senior was any use he would have tried harder to sign up Mahoney as Coyle apparently wanted.

I do feel a bit more optimistic about Mowbray. He wouldn't have been my choice but he has more and better experience than any of the other 6 managers other than Lambert and Rovers may have sounded others out who refused the job for all I know. A steady hand I'd call him. 

I always felt we were going down this season so anything else is a bonus but the plans for next season mean we will struggle again anyway.

In short, we will never prosper under Venkys and who the manager is, who is administrative head, who decides transfer etc are all part of the side-show.

If Coyle wanted Mahoney to sign a new contract so badly then perhaps putting him in the starting 11 ahead of the has been Conway and the never was Feeney would have helped

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How much compensation would we get for Mahoney? Around 1 million? Need to keep him. 

I'd think we'd be quite lucky to get that much - between his low number of first team appearances for us, him not being included in national squads and we've only had him here for 4 years.

In fact, maybe the recent inclusion and all the noise about him and desperate to get him signing a new contract etc might be to drive up the tribunal price.

Not nice to think like that but with the way our club is run, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by donnermeat

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

Nah, as long as he keeps us up he now has "a man's promise" that money and players will be on the way in the summer.

Ha ha... The smug man will get rid of the high earners and loanees and bring in more dross kerching for smugman 

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

I can read fine thanks, patronising Annie.  It seems to me you'll blindly defend any nonsense statement you pipe up with though Stuart - what's so bad about possibly being wrong about something?

From my possible jaded memory, Kean and Coyle have never and weren't ever welcomed with open arms and certainly weren't ever backed by the fans. Not once can I remember (I can't speak for Coyle) "Steve Kean's Blue and White Army" etc.  Bring sung.  My recollection is both appointments led to uproar amongst large factions of our fan base. For me personally, and many others, I refused to go to Ewood under puppet number 2.

But if I am wrong, hey ho.

Ok, I apologise for the insult.

However, I'm not wrong about the initial fan backing that Kean and Coyle got. For all of the noise on here - and yes Coyle was hated on here from day one by many - there was no such reaction at Ewood. Fact.

To say that we should just support any manager is not right. DE made a great point on another thread. Lambert was almost universally welcomed on here as well as Ewood. There was a real feelgood factor for a short time. The concern was, were Venkys really going to make a go of it - like the appointment suggested? The answer: a resounding and unsurprising NO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Athlete said:

What plans do senior Pasha and venkys have... 

a) Teeth whitening appointment and botox top up, followed by a squad downgrade in the summer

b)keeping a low profile so people don't realise he's working in the country and can't confirm his history

c) Keeping up the facade that was hatched in 2010

:)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Just now, perthblue02 said:

a) Teeth whitening appointment and botox top up, followed by a squad downgrade in the summer

b)keeping a low profile so people don't realise he's working in the country and can't confirm his history

c) Keeping up the facade that was hatched in 2010

:)

Don't forget, renew subscription to the Laughing Club

Edited by yoda

23 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No -one else seems to have mentioned this but might it not be a long term positive that Dunny is here learning the ropes under Mowbray?

Right. Off to buy a new packet of straws.

Curiously odd I think that it's Dunny and not Damien.  

• Like 2

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Curiously odd I think that it's Dunny and not Damien.  

May just be that Johnson wants to 'finish business' at youth level, whereas Dunn has had (exceptionally poor) first team management experience.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Ok, I apologise for the insult.

However, I'm not wrong about the initial fan backing that Kean and Coyle got. For all of the noise on here - and yes Coyle was hated on here from day one by many - there was no such reaction at Ewood. Fact.

To say that we should just support any manager is not right. DE made a great point on another thread. Lambert was almost universally welcomed on here as well as Ewood. There was a real feelgood factor for a short time. The concern was, were Venkys really going to make a go of it - like the appointment suggested? The answer: a resounding and unsurprising NO.

Thanks for the apology Stuart.  You are right, although not universal love, some did back him.  Embarrassingly, even I was too lenient at first and was prepared to let him prove himself...he certainly did that! I took it as you meant that the vast majority was behind him/them - which I don't believe was the case.

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You are right, although not universal love, some did back him.  Embarrassingly, even I was too lenient at first and was prepared to let him prove himself...he certainly did that! I took it as you meant that the vast majority was behind him/them - which I don't believe was the case.

I think most posters can make a case for backing any new manager simply because he's the manager of our football team, we all want the club to do well don't we?

I have absolutely no respect for Coyle, a failure shoe'd in through the back door by 'dark magic', a man that should have been nowhere near our football club, but I wanted him to get us promoted and win the Champions league in the next 3yrs, but didn't we all :wacko:

• Like 1

Where was Mowbray living does anyone know? Did he have to move home to come here. Interesting in the interview he says his wife just had a child. Get in Tony lad. He sounded very good in that interview,I have to say. Honest,genuine and passionate with some good common sense thrown in. Here's to a good result tomorrow. 

• Like 1