BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, Jimmy612 said:

Sadly with Dyche solidifying the Dingles in the Prem and thus pocketing another £200m and us only heading one way for 7 years, his statement there is becoming more and more redundant by the season.  Burnley have just spent £13m on a player - we've spent 250k in about 4 windows.

What determines the size of a club?.... the history, the fanbase?  For me, neither - in the modern day it's the finances, and Burnley are streets ahead of us now.

I was going to "like" this - though it is spot on - can't in anyway "like" it :unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Sadly with Dyche solidifying the Dingles in the Prem and thus pocketing another £200m and us only heading one way for 7 years, his statement there is becoming more and more redundant by the season.  Burnley have just spent £13m on a player - we've spent 250k in about 4 windows.

What determines the size of a club?.... the history, the fanbase?  For me, neither - in the modern day it's the finances, and Burnley are streets ahead of us now.

If finances were the only factor then Bournemouth and Swansea would be considered bigger clubs than Newcastle, Villa and Leeds, which nobody does.

There's more to it than that. Fanbase is important, but I'd say top of the pile comes achievements, honors, success and standing in the game.

I think if you asked fans of other clubs across the world the vast majority would consider Blackburn Rovers to be a bigger club than Burnley. Healthier finances and a couple of years of them scrapping in the bottom half of the Premier League won't change decades of history.

• Like 5

Just now, Jimmy612 said:

When they've ruled the roost for 30yrs consecutively they can maybe then lay claim to our crown, until then no matter how much money they have, or what value players they have, they're only ever 3 thick Indian chicken farmers and a sun tanned cockney spiv away from disaster.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Gav said:

I almost fell asleep listening to Mowbray if I'm honest, but he seems a decent guy, determined, and wants to do a good job, we can't ask for anymore really.

I'm more uncomfortable that Paul Senior a youth team coach and former academy scout has been given a seemingly free reign to appoint the next manager of our football club, he's nowhere near qualified to be in the role he currently holds and should not be appointing football managers at Blackburn Rovers.

Spot on re Senior. Others will learn in time at Rovers cost

4 hours ago, Traviscon said:

Sorry J*B, not sure if that's a statement or a question.

Have I missed something? Is Samba back training with us, or would you want that to be Mowbrays first decision?

It was on SSN last night and The Football Ramble said it was happening on this mornings podcast - but it seems he's at Villa if my twitter timeline is correct?

51 minutes ago, Gav said:

I almost fell asleep listening to Mowbray if I'm honest, but he seems a decent guy, determined, and wants to do a good job, we can't ask for anymore really.

I thought he spoke with authority, passion with a multiple insights into the tactical deficiencies.

On the plus side, at least you can now listen to our managers interviews, unlike with the last gobsh1te.

• Like 2

I always quite liked Mowbray, I liked the way he tried to get teams to play and his honesty with how he responded to questions. Both of those traits have probably led to his undoing at some of his previous jobs, but I think they could be a breath of fresh air for us. 

I am not sure exactly who else we were expecting to take the job of fighting against relegation in the Championship, but he is at least experienced and respected. For the time being he is being honest and has handled the questions well, let us hope that this continues and that the wins and points follow. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I always quite liked Mowbray, I liked the way he tried to get teams to play and his honesty with how he responded to questions. Both of those traits have probably led to his undoing at some of his previous jobs, but I think they could be a breath of fresh air for us. 

I am not sure exactly who else we were expecting to take the job of fighting against relegation in the Championship, but he is at least experienced and respected. For the time being he is being honest and has handled the questions well, let us hope that this continues and that the wins and points follow. 

Well said, Eddie.

2 hours ago, Athlete said:

Mowbray seems a decent guy came across well 

Paul Senior is here for Paul senior and no one else his experience is on par with other jokers venkys have employed his claim to fame is allegedly discovering Eriksen for spurs.. He isn't well thought of throughout the industry 

That might be what we need though, Paul Senior won't want to be at Rovers for long, he sees himself being a director of football at a big club, which could mean that he has an incentive to do a good job. He's all about his CV and turning us around will look great on his CV. That is different to what we've had before.

Just now, RV Blue said:

That might be what we need though, Paul Senior won't want to be at Rovers for long, he sees himself being a director of football at a big club, which could mean that he has an incentive to do a good job. He's all about his CV and turning us around will look great on his CV. That is different to what we've had before.

Great point. I would take that all day. 

We have gone though huge upheaval here over the past few years. If Senior wants to build his CV here, best of luck to him. We need stability. Mowbray is definitely a stable, solid manager.  So if the two of them can figure out a way to work together, it will be the most stability we have had in manies a year. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He's way out of his league for a club director..More suited as a second hand car salesman 

He's looking forward to cost cutting in the summer and making a percentage at the same time.. 

2 well known ex players have already made comments on senior 

Just now, Athlete said:

He's way out of his league for a club director..More suited as a second hand car salesman 

He's looking forward to cost cutting in the summer and making a percentage at the same time.. 

What comments were these and by who? I didn't see this. 

Just now, Athlete said:

How hard can it be though, realistically? Plenty of people have done a good job in a similar role to what he's in now with no footballing experience. You might be right but at least we've got someone here (in the UK) who is allowed make big decisions and is prepared to.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So if the two of them can figure out a way to work together, it will be the most stability we have had in manies a year. 

Stability lol we're have you been for the last near seven years.. 

The only thing stable under Venkys is it's a stable decline 

FYI managers who have stability always work with there own trusted men long term. We have a head coach with two guys he'd never met before Wednesday 

• Like 1

Just now, Athlete said:

Stability lol we're have you been for the last near seven years.. 

The only thing stable under Venkys is it's a stable decline 

FYI managers who have stability always work with there own trusted men long term. We have a head coach with two guys he'd never met before Wednesday 

Managers with their own trusted men fail a lot as well! Hence the merry go round. 

Personally I like the fact that Lowe and Dunn are going to be working with Mowbray. 

If we stay up he will probably get some other guys he knows in, but he may keep the 2 guys around. That is good for them and the club. Dunn is a Rovers legend. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

What comments were these and by who? I didn't see this. 

I'll give you a clue both were strikers.. 

Don't tell me you didn't listen to the radio 

Were did you say you've been again for the last few years... 

Just now, RV Blue said:

How hard can it be though, realistically? Plenty of people have done a good job in a similar role to what he's in now with no footballing experience. You might be right but at least we've got someone here (in the UK) who is allowed make big decisions and is prepared to.

Is he allowed to make decisions?

I'm told the only reason Coyle got the boot this week was because the Slumdog billionaires were in the UK and gave the consent for his sacking.

Nothing happens apparently when they're at home in India and out of contact most of the time. 

• Like 1

I have heard plenty from Shearer and Sutton. I don't recall them making any comments about Senior. What did they say exactly? 

Ha ha... Never mentioned shearer 

Hook line 

Rewind fella 

Three points tonite a must 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Is he allowed to make decisions?

I'm told the only reason Coyle got the boot this week was because the Slumdog billionaires were in the UK and gave the consent for his sacking.

Nothing happens apparently when they're at home in India and out of contact most of the time. 

I hear it is pretty easy to get Balajis phone number. If you know where to look...

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Athlete said:

Ha ha... Never mentioned shearer 

Hook line 

Rewind fella 

Three points tonite a must 

You said two well known ex players said something negative about Senior on the radio. I asked what they said. You won't say what they said. 

Were you telling porkies? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel