BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

a manager who actually knows how to manage, who knows how to talk like a manager, and how to be a manager on the sideline, and actually dresses like a proper manager. Not my preferred choice for manager, but hey ho, credit where its due, Tony M has got my full support now. #venkysout is what we can all do with now, and if that happens, and we stay up, then happy clappy days

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Clearly black Tom?

One of us needs to  go to Specsavers.

Yep clearly black Stu

IMG_3163.JPG

i know the guy that runs the specsavers in Chorley if you want me to put you in touch!

"I think you and I are destined to do this forever!"

Edited by Tom

Just now, Tom said:

Yep clearly black Stu

IMG_3163.JPG

i know the guy that runs the specsavers in Chorley if you want me to put you in touch!

Blue and Black. Only a total ninkampoop would wear Burnley's colours when representing the Rovers. 

8 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

I said we had conceeded two goals in four games.

You explain how that is forgetting about our 'must win' game?

So when you said "seven points from nine"...?

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yep clearly black Stu

IMG_3163.JPG

So you are going to ignore the picture that shows claret and blue close up under the lights and keep posting your version from distance in dim daylight.

There's no arguing with that. :wacko:

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So when you said "seven points from nine"...?

Read my post and start again. You missed a bit out for some obscure reason.

I said one conceeded from three home games = seven points from nine. Got it this time?

I then said two conceeded from four games which obviously included Burton unless you know of other goals conceeded under Mowbray.

Enough of us told you it wasn't a must win game. Hence we have not been relegated after drawing the fixture.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cheston wont be in charge of the football operations side. He deal with the finances side of the club but very doubt he will be setting budgets cos all that will be decide by the owners. He will go through Pasha who then talks to Balaji. So he isnt number 1 but that is Pasha. Both Senior and Cheston both report to Pasha. Whether Senior speaks direct to Balaji I dont know but I think he does cos he must have been pushing for Coyle sacking for weeks

Wrong  way to run a club.. Senior and cheston another pair of clowns.. If we stay up next season we'll have a worse squad the loanees will have gone back higher earners moved on to be replaced by cheap options provided by senior.. We all know how that will work out and end no matter who is manager or a head coach puppet for senior 

The problem lies with the owners 

Despite some of the positivity on the field and a upturn in results Ewood was more like deadwood last night this is what venkys have done 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Athlete said:

Wrong  way to run a club.. Senior and cheston another pair of clowns.. If we stay up next season we'll have a worse squad the loanees will have gone back higher earners moved on to be replaced by cheap options provided by senior.. We all know how that will work out and end no matter who is manager or a head coach puppet for senior 

The problem lies with the owners 

Despite some of the positivity on the field and a upturn in results Ewood was more like deadwood last night this is what venkys have done 

Yes it is wrong way to run a club but its Venkys way and that what we have. 

I agree with the Director of football/head coach model. Think it does work if used right. 

Lets just focus on staying up and supporting the players and Mowbray this season.

Whether we have a worse squad next season we will see in the summer. 

I personally think we have too much deadwood in the squad like Greer, Brown, Lowe, Stokes. 

We need good signings in the summer that fit into Mowbray's style of playing and tactics. Last summer Coyle didnt have a proper plan or a clue

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

If it looks like a manager, walks, talks and makes decisions like a manager then it is one. That's Mowbray by the look and sounds of it and aside from early Lambert briefly there hasn't been that type of presence on the touchline for over 6 years.

Shame he has to be called 'Head Coach' :lol:

Long live Big Tony

If he keeps us up he'll become a 'cult' manager

his predecessor will be confirmed  as a manager befitting of the prefix being altered by substituting the 'l' 

• Like 1

One thing I really like that Mowbray has changed, is how high our full backs play when we are in possession. Nyambe more so, but that's probably because Williams is a centre half playing at left back.

Playing this way pegs the opposition back and then the onus is on us to attack.

Previous managers had them playing to the halfway line!

Very early days but an incredibly positive start. Will be interesting to hear/read what TM says after a defeat - if he maintains the honest/straighttalking demonstrated so far then that alone is a huge step forward. Of course results help but also think making him "head coach" was a very shrewd move - fans are (rightly) focusing on his effect on the team rather then trying to get answers about our owners intentions.

17 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

If he keeps us up he'll become a 'cult' manager

his predecessor will be confirmed  as a manager befitting of the prefix being altered by substituting the 'l' 

To a feathered animal that lays eggs?

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it is wrong way to run a club but its Venkys way and that what we have. 

I agree with the Director of football/head coach model. Think it does work if used right. 

Lets just focus on staying up and supporting the players and Mowbray this season.

Whether we have a worse squad next season we will see in the summer. 

I personally think we have too much deadwood in the squad like Greer, Brown, Lowe, Stokes. 

We need good signings in the summer that fit into Mowbray's style of playing and tactics. Last summer Coyle didnt have a proper plan or a clue

The DoF rarely works in the English game as Alex Ferguson said manager's manage coaches coach 

We do have deadwood in the squad quite a bit tbf 

As far as signings we all know that there's further cost cutting going to come 

Mowbray won't be signing the players which will be a big problem it will be senior 

But let's concentrate on staying up for now before the Burton game I said we needed minimum of 8 points from the Next four games we have achieved that so let's keep it going I think the home games are the key to staying up and picking something up unexpectedly on our travels 

• Like 1

Just now, Athlete said:

The DoF rarely works in the English game as Alex Ferguson said manager's manage coaches coach 

Mowbray won't be signing the players which will be a big problem it will be senior 

But let's concentrate on staying up for now before the Burton game I said we needed minimum of 8 points from the Next four games we have achieved that so let's keep it going I think the home games are the key to staying up and picking something up unexpectedly on our travels 

Nothing wrong with that as long as Mowbray has an input. Which I would assume he will. 

10 minutes ago, Athlete said:

The DoF model does work in English football. Look at Southampton for example. This model works in Europe. 

I think Mowbray and Senior will work together in bringing in signings this summer. But like Ive said many times signings must fit the style of play we will used. 

I'm happy with the points total so far. Its more than we would have got under Coyle tbh. 

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

So you are going to ignore the picture that shows claret and blue close up under the lights and keep posting your version from distance in dim daylight.

Someone's taken a picture of it off a TV so that's hardly conclusive evidence as it alters the colours.

And what's to say the television camera that was filming him doesn't suffer from IR contamination, which shows up some black fabrics to have red in them?

Either one or both of the above could render black as claret.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Are you the wind up or something? 

Cant believe we are still going on about a tie for 5 days. Its Black and Blue in all honest who really cares!!!

Maybe his tie colour mattets more than win or picking points up???

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The DoF model does work in English football. Look at Southampton for example. This model works in Europe. 

I think Mowbray and Senior will work together in bringing in signings this summer. But like Ive said many times signings must fit the style of play we will used. 

I'm happy with the points total so far. Its more than we would have got under Coyle tbh. 

We're not in Europe chaddyrovers do a bit of research on senior he's not the DOF anyone would want 

A improvement on the pitch doesn't mean everything In the garden is rosy it is far from chaddyrovers 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, booth said:

Someone's taken a picture of it off a TV so that's hardly conclusive evidence as it alters the colours.

And what's to say the television camera that was filming him doesn't suffer from IR contamination, which shows up some black fabrics to have red in them?

Either one or both of the above could render black as claret.

maxresdefault.jpg

Finally the answer.

Those 4 shades of Orange are proof positive. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What? I must have missed that 

We haven't been for a while.. Lol 

No in all seriousness let's not get over positive with the 8 points return on the field when we all know the off field problem is venkys but in saying that being in the championship makes us more attractive.. But hey these clowns won't or don't want to let go