BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'm of the same view. I worry that despite Mowbray's good work so far that it will be too late. I think most people can see now that this squad is good enough and has been good enough all season to be better than bottom 3 Championship. Coyle actually deserves some credit for that as several of our better performers were recruited by him or given more opportunities under him (Guthrie) than previously.

The worst part of the whole thing if we go down will be knowing that we were good enough to survive, and have even ended up with a manager good enough to keep us up, but it came too late because of the terrible appointment of Coyle and sticking with him for far too long.

I can handle relegation if we're one of the worst sides in the league and the club has done everything to try and avoid it. But we haven't got one of the worst sides in the league, and the club certainly hasn't done everything it could to avoid this predicament.

The last paragraph is bang on.

Then again, your content always is JHRover. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The best manager/head coach that we have had since Big Sam. Good results so far. He has a great enthusiasm for the game and I enjoy listening or reading his comments.

With the Venkey factor I doubt if he will be at Rovers for long. I hope that I am wrong.

This is usually the case - we regularly back to square one. Maybe Venkys should bring out a 'Snakes and Ladders, Rovers edition' (obviously with less ladders than usual and way more snakes.  

• Like 2

I am Happy with the appointment. I can see a vast improvement in the squad . Thank you T.M.

I know We were told it was a short time 18 month contract or something, But I wonder if we can get him on permanently?

I wonder what others think? We  have a strong Manager who can see how a game is and can nodify the squad to its potential.

I like the football I am seeing .

please venkies try to get T.M   .. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thorpefleet said:

I am Happy with the appointment. I can see a vast improvement in the squad . Thank you T.M.

I know We were told it was a short time 18 month contract or something, But I wonder if we can get him on permanently?

I wonder what others think? We  have a strong Manager who can see how a game is and can nodify the squad to its potential.

TM has got off to  great start and if he sees out an 18 month contract that in itself will be a fantastic achievement.........by Tony Mowbray.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/26/sack-race-record-managerial-dismissals

• Like 1

I personally think that I have seen enough of an improvement since T.M. took

over that we will survive relegation this season,there are still plenty of points to

play for and there is no one we have left to play,that are unbeatable.True there

are a couple of decent teams but no one to unduly worry us , as long as we keep

playing with the same mentality as we have in our previous six games.

COYB...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thorpefleet said:

Lets just hope that if safety is gained then at the end of the season we don't suddenly find out TM has a 6 month get out clause like Lambert. Cost cutting could reign with him stepping down sighting lack of investment and downscale making the prospect of his job near impossible. Then in step Dunn & Lowe with half the youth team making up the first 11 next season.

Another season and a half survival being the target before the new crop is ready to sell. I really wouldn't rule anything out with this lot you couldn't trust them to tell you the correct time !

• Like 3

Indeed. Lambert was a bolt out of the blue and they surprised us all with the appointment and opinion at the time was he was the best appointment this lot had ever made and would ever make. Surprise surprise all wasn't what it first appeared and he was off and we were brought back down to earth with an almighty bump with the disgraceful appointment of Coyle.

Its a possibility Mowbray is on a 6 months suck it and see arrangement. Mowbray has nothing to lose and a reputation to rebuild. Keep us up with a squad that is performing below its abilities and then step aside in the summer and he's back on the managerial bandwagon when most Championship clubs wouldn't have given him a job after Coventry.

Really hope I'm wrong and Mowbray is here for a 2-3 year rebuild job whatever happens between now and May but I've not got much confidence.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 7:15 PM, NinjaTattoo said:
  On 2/22/2017 at 0:07 PM, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What the @#/?ety @#/??

Awful appointment but I shouldn't be surprised. At least I won't be able to understand his interviews.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:14 PM, Crimpshrine said:

OMG Give me strength

On 2/22/2017 at 0:16 PM, Dunnfc said:

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.

Another who seems to get a job after each disaster carried out.

Another who can't set a defence up.

Another on a free and promoted youth coaches to assistant manager all the whilst managerial changes remain EXEMPT from FFP.

Absolutely fuming with this appointment

On 2/22/2017 at 0:17 PM, savage90 said:

Embarrassing. Quit his last job after failing to win in 10 games. Let's see what he can do in 15. I imagine we'll get 6 more points.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:24 PM, Bigdoggsteel said:

He got sacked from the Celtic job. That is an achievement in itself. 

One good spell in charge of WBA, a team he eventually relegated. This is a very, very worrying appointment. 

On 2/22/2017 at 0:27 PM, roverstdt said:

Jesus god dam christ I give up! You go from Adkins to Mowbray....How can you make such idiotic, shameful footballing decisions! You have a whole list of decent managers who would be willing to come. Whether it is Hill, Jackett, Adkins, or whoever else but you go for Tony God Dam Mowbray 

shameful posts tbh.

Maybe not that shameful after all Ninja page 30.

Although Jose would struggle, can't help but now be disappointed with the point return ratio from TM most notably, Burton, PNE and possibly today.

Amazed at how poorly prepared we looked considering the first 15 mins. Truly diabolical stuff. 

If the tactics are to roll the ball 10 yards to the winger from a free kick in the full back position, only for it to be rolled back to the player who took the free kick, who had been closed down by then. 20 secs later the ball is in the back of our net. 

What have you been doing in training all week Tony? Surely coaching the basics are part of your job?

Just now, davulsukur said:

Failing to get the team motivated enough to keep the ball out of the net at home against Barnsley for a massive 3 minutes is awful management.

And for the 6 matches prior to that. As I say, hands hugely tied but he clearly hasn't a clue how to turn this around, what his best team is or how to set us up from the off in matches.

I was underwhelmed with his appointment but I was prepared to give him a chance. If you can't rally the troops for a game as important as today I'm sorry but you haven't got what it takes.

Keith Hill again for me. Somebody who knows how to operate on a shoestring in the League we'll be playing in next season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he will be here next season. 

Him and Senior have a big job ahead now

You don't learn.

Senior - "No added value" was why he dismissed any January signing despite there being monies available and players lined up sat in hotels etc which i don't see how given the perilous state of the finances of the club anyways. Given the supporters consultation which you seem well informed on provided Senior hits of "I made a good decision did i not" on both the Joao and Mowbray additions.

When the F**k are you going to wake up and realise he like the rest are charlatans out for themselves?

Your not stupid so stop buying the PR spin, you can't PR spin a second relegation can you? Which directly hes 50% of this season responsible for.

PS@rovers.co.uk Give Paul a email

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was underwhelmed with his appointment but I was prepared to give him a chance. If you can't rally the troops for a game as important as today I'm sorry but you haven't got what it takes.

Keith Hill again for me. Somebody who knows how to operate on a shoestring in the League we'll be playing in next season.

I was at Shrewsbury Rochdale today. Hill was wearing jeans and shirt: very odd. And Rochdale offered nothing. The standard of football in league 1 is dire.  God help us 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

You don't learn.

Senior - "No added value" was why he dismissed any January signing despite there being monies available and players lined up sat in hotels etc which i don't see how given the perilous state of the finances of the club anyways. Given the supporters consultation which you seem well informed on provided Senior hits of "I made a good decision did i not" on both the Joao and Mowbray additions.

When the F**k are you going to wake up and realise he like the rest are charlatans out for themselves?

Your not stupid so stop buying the PR spin, you can't PR spin a second relegation can you? Which directly hes 50% of this season responsible for.

"Sometimes you have got to take a step back to move forward" - Paul $enior - 7th May 2017 2pm 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Just now, perthblue02 said:

"Sometimes you have got to take a step back to move forward" - Paul $enior - 7th May 2017 2pm 

Steve Kean after Wigan, that turd flusher Orr said the exact same.

Remember it like yesterday.

I know Blackburn isn't the main hub of intelligence (What place is renowned as?) but we have some of the most gullible fans going.

Needs to stop

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

You don't learn.

Thats your opinion not mine. We will see and judge him on signings in the summer. 

You arent interested in the team on the pitch. I am.