BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

If points were given for talking then we'd be romping home with the title this season.

every one of the 25 managers we had over the last 10 years spoke a good game, only Hughes, Souness and Big Sam delivered... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15215977._We_know_we___re_in_a_difficult_situation____Tony_Mowbray_says_Rovers_must_put_pressure_on_their_relegation_rivals/?ref=mac

“I wouldn't say there was a lack of passion and desire to get a result for this team .I think there was a lack of knowledge of where to stand, where to play and how to play, when to play it long and if we’re playing long we have to follow it up and if we’re playing short then we have to create angles to get in positions to move the ball forward"

Is Mowbray damning himself here, the previous management, the players, or just English football in general?

To say he's such an expert about knowing where to stand and what to do with the ball etc. etc., he doesn't set the team up well to do it, does he? Fraud.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15215977._We_know_we___re_in_a_difficult_situation____Tony_Mowbray_says_Rovers_must_put_pressure_on_their_relegation_rivals/?ref=mac

“I wouldn't say there was a lack of passion and desire to get a result for this team .I think there was a lack of knowledge of where to stand, where to play and how to play, when to play it long and if we’re playing long we have to follow it up and if we’re playing short then we have to create angles to get in positions to move the ball forward"

Is Mowbray damning himself here, the previous management, the players, or just English football in general?

Well the players are not going to learn and remember all that by Friday that's for sure.

TM knows that we are as good as down and is blaming Coyle and the players.

Quite right and quite clever of TM to pass the buck before relegation is confirmed and the witch hunt really gets going.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Jesus Christ, that's hard to believe. These guys have been playing at academies since they were young kids and they still don't know the basic skills of team play. What have they been doing ? Practicing bloody step overs and keepy uppy ?

Modern footballers, I've @#/? them !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

It is more to do with the fact that some of them don't have the hunger or interest in doing it for this club. Their minds are elsewhere. As such when the time comes to win a 50/50 or make a burst to get back and defend, they choose the easy option. 

Then you have the players who just aren't good enough.

There are also few that do genuinely care, but they look around then and see the loans, the out of contractors, who just aren't pulling their weight. It's a recipe for our impending, bar a freak set of results, drop to league 1. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Well the players are not going to learn and remember all that by Friday that's for sure.

TM knows that we are as good as down and is blaming Coyle and the players.

Quite right and quite clever of TM to pass the buck before relegation is confirmed and the witch hunt really gets going.

I don't know. It doesn't say much for TM that he can't get at least some of them organised.

Also I hear he's using the word hope a lot. That doesn't fill me with much confidence - I'd like to think a manager had more of a plan than hopefully it'll come together. Nowhere near the levels of ineptitude of Clueless, but it's worrying when the manager is seemingly throwing in the towel.

Just now, Blue blood said:

I don't know. It doesn't say much for TM that he can't get at least some of them organised.

Also I hear he's using the word hope a lot. That doesn't fill me with much confidence - I'd like to think a manager had more of a plan than hopefully it'll come together. Nowhere near the levels of ineptitude of Clueless, but it's worrying when the manager is seemingly throwing in the towel.

I think the fact that the players have seemed incapable of following his instructions in the past 5 games has led him to lose faith in process and to focus more on hope. Unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I think that TM is saying that the previous coaching the players received has not drilled into them the basics of what to do in any given situation or that they as a group have failed to take it on board.

It is also an admission I think that his input to date has been largely ineffectual with the players he's got.

Or maybe this is the Mowbray way of giving the players a kick up the backside...by publicly saying they are not very good. I wonder how that will go down with the players.

I found his words as quoted very depressing.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jesus Christ, that's hard to believe. These guys have been playing at academies since they were young kids and they still don't know the basic skills of team play. What have they been doing ? Practicing bloody step overs and keepy uppy ?

Modern footballers, I've @#/? them !

If you watched the youngsters at Ewood last night they had these basics off to a tee.

It sounds a wee bit like the blame game to me.

Just now, preston blue said:

If you watched the youngsters at Ewood last night they had these basics off to a tee.

It sounds a wee bit like the blame game to me.

I wouldn't be averse to giving the job to Johnson, seems to have done a great job with the u21s. The only problem in that is that Dunn would be involved, and he's proven himself to be clueless.

Edited by RV Blue

I agree with you re Dunn.  Saunders may well be able to step up, however I was more alluding to the <21's players and them being able to step up.  They will have to step up sometime (maybe not with Rovers with the rumours that PNE are looking to poach / sign a few) and given their enthusiasm I would suggest now is the time.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

I wouldn't be averse to giving the job to Johnson, seems to have done a great job with the u21s. The only problem in that is that Dunn would be involved, and he's proven himself to be clueless.

Johnson and Dunn have worked very much as a team over the past eighteen months or so looking after the Under-21/Under-23's.  They work exceptionally well together and seem to compliment each other very well.

• Like 1

• Backroom

It looked to be more a case of the squads sharing a coach (Dunn), while the managers each have general responsibility for the team.

I'm most interested to see Tomlinson step up, as he's never looked out of place. Not necessarily a star in the making, but he's at least good enough to challenge the current midfielders. We'll need his blood and guts type next season; we needed it this year imo.

Mahoney looks reasonably comfortable and would be an asset next season, as does Lenihan. Also interested to see Wharton, Raya, and possibly Rankin-Costello step up next term.

44 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Johnson and Dunn have worked very much as a team over the past eighteen months or so looking after the Under-21/Under-23's.  They work exceptionally well together and seem to compliment each other very well.

Being close to all this action has someone tipped you the nod that this is the plan if relegated ?

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So basically we should just substitute our current first team squad and management for our under 23 set up. Amazing that that is actually a viable option at this stage. Imagine suggesting the same under Sparky? 

Believe you me some will rub their hands at the prospect of it.

A good moment to remember that the bottom 4 in the Third Division are all automatically relegated.

I also suspect that our better U23s have a good chance of being sold.

You need at least a couple of 'hard men' in L1 or youth would be kicked off the pitch. They still allow tackles in the lower leagues.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

A good moment to remember that the bottom 4 in the Third Division are all automatically relegated.

I also suspect that our better U23s have a good chance of being sold.

You need at least a couple of 'hard men' öin L1 or youth would be kicked off the pitch. They still allow tackles in the lower leagues.

Remember the guy Man city had in League 1, Andy Morrison? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Remember the guy Man city had in League 1, Andy Morrison? 

A good leader kicked everybody including some team mates.

Dont make many like him these days.

Edit: completely forgot that he was with us for a short spell 

Edited by AllRoverAsia