BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would give Damien Johnson the job and let him get to work on a 3 year plan. 

Why give a complete novice one of the most difficult jobs in football? Has it slipped your mind that the entire mess we find ourselves in started with sacking off experience for a novice? 

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

I sprinted the first 100 yards of the yorkshire 3 peaks. If only I had kept it up for the other 26 miles I'd be the record holder but that would be as meaningless as extrapolating Mowbrays record over a season.

Meek dispirited performances point to us doing a Coventry and not a Sheffield United next season

What a surprise! 

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Why give a complete novice one of the most difficult jobs in football? Has it slipped your mind that the entire mess we find ourselves in started with sacking off experience for a novice? 

Johnson has been managing the under 23s successfully for a number of seasons. Steve Kean was given the job because of who his agent was. 

Allardyce had just finished 10th in the Premiership, Mowbray has come from Coventry who have been relegated to league 2 and has failed to win some very winnable games during his time here. 

Just now, Biz said:

The problem was that they sacked a good manager and replaced him with a sh1t manager. If we sacked Mowbray, we'd be sacking a poor manager and replacing him with a possibly poor, yet possibly good manager.

The only experienced managers we'd get at present would be crap managers, we may as well roll the dice and hope to get someone decent.

1 minute ago, Suhail Slayer said:

you think David Dunn might be good?

he is the 100% cert

anyone saying otherwise must have their eyes closed 

Not often we agree Mr Slayer but I think you are correct on that.

RV - imo you've made your mind up far too early without reasonable cause! 

I was disappointed with Tony Mowbrays comment after the Bristol game, when asked about the slow start to games, he said that if you go for it hell for leather from the off, you may be out of the game by half time. The flip side to that is you may have the game won by half-time, and at present we need wins, so chances must be taken. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

you think David Dunn might be good?

he is the 100% cert

anyone saying otherwise must have their eyes closed 

You can't just completely make something up then say it is a 100% fact. I really doubt that Dunn will be our next manager, Senior won't want Dunn.

• Like 1

• Backroom

At least we've been @#/? and in the relegation zone all season, Big Club's self-inflicted implosion is absolutely incredible. To go from 7th to relegated in a few months would be a real kick in the sack. Brum are lucky our lot are largely spineless, untalented and indifferent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Row B is the secong worst row in the ground behind row A! You can't see anything from there.

Did we look organised vs. Bristol City? Did we look organised vs. Barnsley? I went to Forest and we ended up playing with 2 right backs for some reason, clearly not organised. 

What have you seen in his short time here that makes you want him next season? 3 wins in 15 is dreadful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this season Mowbray has won 3 games in 25, with 10 of those being in League 1. Get him sacked and bring in someone who's career is on the way up.

I had a very clear view of the game and what occurred in it.

at Forest we played the same system as yesterday but we Nyambe as the right centre back of a 3 man centre back with Mahoney as the right wing back 1st half and Bennett as the wing back 2nd half.

Mowbray has been 13 games not 15 games. in that time we have pick up 16 points. so over a season that would keep us up.

I like Mowbray's comments and his honest to the players. This isn't his squad and in the summer we will see major changes so that Mowbray can play the style of play football he wants and play more attacking. Lets not forget that the Fitness of this squad is poor so that's probably why Mowbray has had to change tactics and style. Plus injuries to key players. He has said that Ward cant play in a 2 man centre back line so that's why we have played 3 at the back and we have keep conceding too many goals.

4 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Mowbray's answer to needing a goal is to chuck 5 strikers on and hope our already dreadful midfield can get the ball to them. It is like a 7 year old/Chaddy is managing the team. The midfield is absolutely vital to the attack, Mowbray doesn't seem to grasp this. Against Bristol City, we had Lowe and Akpan in, how many successful teams start with 2 defensive midfielders who can't pass the ball?

5 strikers? really? Mowbray has not done this during his time so you are talking rubbish

4 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Sometimes its like you've had the last 6 years erased. Its disconcerting

Not at all. But its gone cant changed what has happened. Got to focus on the present and the future.

If you want to keep focusing on the past then do so but just keep preaching to me about it

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would give Damien Johnson the job and let him get to work on a 3 year plan. 

why? So you want to give it a complete novice? was odd

Do DJ even want to be a manager?

I like TM. 

He's an improvement on what we had before.

Not sure we'll stop up.

If we go down then we suck it up, let him build his team and see if he can bring us back.

Bitching about changing him is ridiculous...........

Oh Yeh...we might just scrape a win in next 2 games

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

at Forest we played the same system as yesterday but we Nyambe as the right centre back of a 3 man centre back with Mahoney as the right wing back 1st half and Bennett as the wing back 2nd half.

Mowbray has been 13 games not 15 games. in that time we have pick up 16 points. so over a season that would keep us up.

I like Mowbray's comments and his honest to the players. This isn't his squad and in the summer we will see major changes so that Mowbray can play the style of play football he wants and play more attacking. Lets not forget that the Fitness of this squad is poor so that's probably why Mowbray has had to change tactics and style. Plus injuries to key players. He has said that Ward cant play in a 2 man centre back line so that's why we have played 3 at the back and we have keep conceding too many goals.

5 strikers? really? Mowbray has not done this during his time so you are talking rubbish

Not at all. But its gone cant changed what has happened. Got to focus on the present and the future.

If you want to keep focusing on the past then do so but just keep preaching to me about it

How are we going to make major changes, with no money and in League 1?

• Like 1

Just now, Earlydoors said:

I like TM. 

He's an improvement on what we had before.

Not sure we'll stop up.

If we go down then we suck it up, let him build his team and see if he can bring us back.

Bitching about changing him is ridiculous...........

Oh Yeh...we might just scrape a win in next 2 games

I'm not sure anyone is 'bitching about changing him', just questioning his ultra-cautious approach to must-win games.

4 hours ago, imy9 said:

We have won 3 in 13 games with Tony M but also only lost 3 in that time too. Based on a season we would be safe. The quality of the players is dire.

For example, Forest had a striker they paid nearly 6 million pounds for yesterday amongst other players they paid millions for. Birmingham were close to play offs this year before the ludicrous sacking of Rowett and have spent decent money over January. Bristol City have a top class striker up front and again have spent 17 million pounds. What do we have? 250k for a left back, loans that no one wants? Let's not be blinded to the fact that Tony M is not the issue here.

39 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not sure anyone is 'bitching about changing him', just questioning his ultra-cautious approach to must-win games.

Exactly. People are over-complicating this. Its all very well going on about him only losing 3 games etc and yes maybe that record over the course of a season would have seen us safe. That though has to be tempered by the fact that our form has tailed off dramatically since we had a bit of a new manager bounce and the last seven games have only brought six points. Arguably we rode our luck when we got our couple of early results as well.

More importantly though, Mowbray took the job knowing full well we would need 6/7 wins to stay up. We've only got 3 at present and wins are clearly what has been needed over the last few games but neither he nor the players seem to be even trying to get them. Just setting up and trying to nick the odd draw here and there which clearly  isnt enough.

Bizarrely thanks to Brum's implosion we're still in with the faintest of sniffs of survival, but I can't see us taking the chance which is being handed to us largely down to the managers safety first approach. If we needed a handful of draws to stay up his approach would be understandable. But that's not what is or was needed at all. It doesn't bode well for next season under him whatever happens. Will we still be trying to park the bus and scrape a few draws in League 1 or having a go at trying to accumulate enough points to achieve promotion?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its gone has it? Look to the future?  So you expect people to erase everything that has happened just like that and pretend it didnt happen? What frickin future? No future. You really do talk utter crap at times

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

Mowbray deserves a chance. Not a single player is his, overall, this mess isn't his. During his time in charge, he has made mistakes. Raya should have been brought in sooner and we should have been more offensive.  We still might scrape up - I don't feel we will but you never know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, imy9 said:

We have won 3 in 13 games with Tony M but also only lost 3 in that time too. Based on a season we would be safe. The quality of the players is dire.

basing three wins in 13 as a average would most certainly have us relegated

Just now, Athlete said:

basing three wins in 13 as a average would most certainly have us relegated

But thankfully draws count too so I would say with certainly that we would have survived.

He has had no pre season, no transfer window, very little time on the training ground with the players and took us over when we were in the relegation zone. I think he has surpassed expectations to get us to here.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Mowbray deserves a chance. Not a single player is his, overall, this mess isn't his. During his time in charge, he has made mistakes. Raya should have been brought in sooner and we should have been more offensive. 

Very good points made here.

You are very correct that Raya should have brought in much earlier

and yes we do need to be more offensive but I think he has recongised that we need much better defensively than under Coyle and starting keeping clean sheets.

Just now, imy9 said:

He has had no pre season, no transfer window, very little time on the training ground with the players and took us over when we were in the relegation zone. I think he has surpassed expectations to get us to here.

Very good points made here again.

Mowbray has had no time to sort out the fitness of the players which is very poor and must be improved next season.

and under Coyle we would have been down already. but we arent

Oh to be a football manager. Secure in life and an army of apologists :lol:

"He deserves to be given a chance" they cry as the curtain comes down on life in the chamionship (29.4.17)

"Bless his cotton socks"

Edited by Rover_Shaun
  • Like 2

Just now, imy9 said:

But thankfully draws count too so I would say with certainly that we would have survived.

He knew that when he took the gig on as head coach with two assistants he'd never ever met 

As for transfers as head coach he'd be given players from above 

Tbh your only has good as your last job.. In his last 25 games at the helm of Rovers and Coventry he's only won three yes three games 

Just now, Athlete said:

He knew that when he took the gig on as head coach with two assistants he'd never ever met 

As for transfers as head coach he'd be given players from above 

Tbh your only has good as your last job.. In his last 25 games at the helm of Rovers and Coventry he's only won three yes three games 

Love how you have plucked this 25 game figure to suit your argument!

How about a team that lost 16 games out of 31 have now lost 3 in 13, what does that say about the job he has done?

I agree with the point about coaches and transfers to a certain extent...However he deserves praise for what he has done so far, he is also clearly a man of integrity, which gets a thumb up from me.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Very good points made here.

You are very correct that Raya should have brought in much earlier

Ha ha... In the not too distant past you was championing Steele over Robinson.. How's the chadometer doing 

• Like 7